Is lower intelligence the reason why Africans/blacks fail to thrive in the west on average?

ivanverr

Pigeon
Just a couple of thoughts.

There are "smart" blacks and "stupid" whites. Similarly, there are "smart" Caucasians and "stupid" Asians, but nobody seems to care.
If someone would say " Caucasian whites are less intelligent than Asians", nobody would have a problem with this. It seems as many people just assume that, for example, Japanese people are smart, do well at math, music, engineering, etc. so it's not a problem to consider Asian smarter than Caucasian, hypothetically (not saying this is true). However, whenever blacks are involved in any comparison with regards to "intelligence", it always turns into a race argument.

On average, the physical differences between African blacks and Caucasian whites, for example, are numerous. They include anatomical differences in muscles, brain structure, body composition, differences in metabolism and biochemistry, and many more. It would be foolish to assume absolute equality in what we call " intelligence" across races. There might very well be genetic differences between blacks and white which imply different brain biochemistry and that would result in significantly differences in the way black and white people process information.

It would be interesting to carry out further studies to assess such differences in more detail, but no institution would ever want their name associated with something that might end up revealing the obvious, which is that blacks and whites have significant differences in intelligence. It's a shame in a way, because we might gain interesting insights into our history and our origins, and also because this could have positive implications for our society. For example, we could identify differences in brain biochemistry across races, which would lead us to identify genes which are associated with specific traits. Potentially, this could lead to a more personalized approach to medicine, whereby certain diseases could be cured more easily, by knowing the "ethnic" genetic profile of an individual.

The real question though is: what exactly is intelligence? Is it simply the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills? What about creative intelligence, or musical, or emotional intelligence? Until we can define clearly what we are talking about and whether it is measurable, and the ways we measure it are specific and give reproducible results, most of this discussion can only exist in the realm of speculation.

STG

Robin
Looking at the answers so far: a compelling argument has been made.

Solution seems to be repatrition or extremly strict immigration from lower IQ countries, which should have taken place along time ago.
Before the 1965 Immigration Act, policies and laws were in place to protect the country from losing its primarily European character.

With the birth of Clown World in the 60's this was thrown out.

Australia also had similar immigration policies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

All this data being presented and evidence that has needed to be rediscovered was all common knowledge pre-Clown World.

We are now like historians searching through old history and trying to find the truth that the Marxists cast aside as "racist" and "sexist".

Franz Boas (what do you know, another Jew) is the original founder of the idea that people are born as "blank slates", the entire idea is Jewish in origin.

Boas was one of the most prominent opponents of the then-popular ideologies of scientific racism, the idea that race is a biological concept and that human behavior is best understood through the typology of biological characteristics.[26] In a series of groundbreaking studies of skeletal anatomy he showed that cranial shape and size was highly malleable depending on environmental factors such as health and nutrition, in contrast to the claims by racial anthropologists of the day that held head shape to be a stable racial trait. Boas also worked to demonstrate that differences in human behavior are not primarily determined by innate biological dispositions but are largely the result of cultural differences acquired through social learning. In this way, Boas introduced culture as the primary concept for describing differences in behavior between human groups, and as the central analytical concept of anthropology.[25]

Among Boas's main contributions to anthropological thought was his rejection of the then-popular evolutionary approaches to the study of culture, which saw all societies progressing through a set of hierarchic technological and cultural stages, with Western European culture at the summit. Boas argued that culture developed historically through the interactions of groups of people and the diffusion of ideas and that consequently there was no process towards continuously "higher" cultural forms. This insight led Boas to reject the "stage"-based organization of ethnological museums, instead preferring to order items on display based on the affinity and proximity of the cultural groups in question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Boas

Switzerland is what it is because of the Swiss people. You could exchange the entire population of Switzerland with the entire population of Guatemala and in time the new lands of each population would be close to their original lands.

Here is a picture of Windhoek, Namibia a country in southern Africa.

In 1971, there were roughly 26,000 whites living in Windhoek, outnumbering the black population of 24,000. About one third of white residents at the time, at least 9,000 individuals, were German speakers.

Today you have African countries that have access to the same information and technology that anyone in the world does, and large amounts of foreign aid, yet you will never see them building cities like Europeans do (did?) in Africa.

Why?

Why? Because apartheid and post-slavery, that's why. You cannot expect people had being oppresed for centuries, their liberties thwarted, their dignity neglected, people first treated as half-wit underspecies and then suddenly having leapt to take the place of their former oppressors out of the true blue, pun intended. People will never succeed in what they actually hate doing, and no former slave would like a 'culture' of their master.

The most important thing is to recognise that no imagined or real difference in inborn qualities change the value of a human life in the eyes of god.

It does can mean, that we live in the world and we deal with the world. We should not blame whites for the inability for some others to get to the same level, if they are not really able to do so in the same numbers.

This does not mean that whites deserve to rule others or any such thing, but it does mean that whites should not be forced to live with guilt and to be exploited by others.

Before the 1965 Immigration Act, policies and laws were in place to protect the country from losing its primarily European character.

With the birth of Clown World in the 60's this was thrown out.

Australia also had similar immigration policies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

All this data being presented and evidence that has needed to be rediscovered was all common knowledge pre-Clown World.

We are now like historians searching through old history and trying to find the truth that the Marxists cast aside as "racist" and "sexist".

Franz Boas (what do you know, another Jew) is the original founder of the idea that people are born as "blank slates", the entire idea is Jewish in origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Boas
Boaz was also one of founding fathers of language and culture relation and relativity theories, which, from my point of view, not just tears any 'scientific' racism teory into measly shreds it is, but also explains why and how a language influences the mental and social reality of a person speaking it.

bucky

Pelican
Switzerland is what it is because of the Swiss people. You could exchange the entire population of Switzerland with the entire population of Guatemala and in time the new lands of each population would be close to their original lands.

Here is a picture of Windhoek, Namibia a country in southern Africa.

In 1971, there were roughly 26,000 whites living in Windhoek, outnumbering the black population of 24,000. About one third of white residents at the time, at least 9,000 individuals, were German speakers.

Today you have African countries that have access to the same information and technology that anyone in the world does, and large amounts of foreign aid, yet you will never see them building cities like Europeans do (did?) in Africa.

Why?

Totally valid point. I will say that I believe that all of God's children are capable of building a relatively safe, stable society. I think in the case of places like the more backwards countries of Central America or most African countries, a big part of the problem is having "free democratic elections" and other explicitly Anglo-Saxon and Western European ideas forced upon them. I've come to believe that military dictatorship is the best system of government in my wife's country. I have no idea what the ideal system would be in African countries because I've never lived in Africa, but I feel reasonably sure it wouldn't be the same as England or Sweden or the USA.

True, with whatever their ideal system would be in Central America or Africa, you wouldn't have the levels of prosperity you have in Europe, North America, or first-world Asian countries like Japan, because people in those countries aren't Europeans, Americans, or Japanese, but you'd almost certainly have something better than what they have now.

Maybe in the case of African populations in the Americas, the ideal would be some type of autonomy in a system led by the best and brightest with more of an authoritarian approach than you'd see in white areas, I don't know. I know you'll probably bring up Haiti and I'll admit I don't have a great answer to that, but it's difficult for me to believe that God wants black people in places like the USA, Brazil, and Haiti to live in the conditions they do now, so there must be an answer.

STG

Robin
Why? Because apartheid and post-slavery, that's why. You cannot expect people had being oppresed for centuries, their liberties thwarted, their dignity neglected, people first treated as half-wit underspecies and then suddenly having leapt to take the place of their former oppressors out of the true blue, pun intended. People will never succeed in what they actually hate doing, and no former slave would like a 'culture' of their master.
1.jpg

STG

Robin
Boaz was also one of founding fathers of language and culture relation and relativity theories, which, from my point of view, not just tears any 'scientific' racism teory into measly shreds it is, but also explains why and how a language influences the mental and social reality of a person speaking it.
Franz Boas "research" has largely been discredited. He was a Marxist pseudo-scientist with an agenda.

Boas actually argued that the skull shape of humans would change because of the environment. A European with a long and narrow skull born in the land of short and round skulls would eventually become round skulled himself. That was Boas argument and it was wrong.

Boas was a Marxist and we need to stop using his "science".

https://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/boas-skulls-revisited.pdf

In 1912, Franz Boas published a study demonstrating the plastic nature of the human body in response to changes in the environment. The results of this study have been cited for the past 90 years as evidence of cranial plasticity. These findings, however, have never been critiqued thoroughly for their statistical and biological validity. This study presents a reassessment of Boas’ data within a modern statistical and quantitative genetic framework. The data used here consist of head and face measurements on over 8,000 individuals of various European ethnic groups. By using pedigree information contained in Boas’ data, narrow sense heritabilities are estimated by the method of maximum likelihood. In addition, a series of t tests and regression analyses are performed to determine the statistical validity of Boas’ original findings on differentiation between American and European-born children and the prolonged effect of the environment on cranial form. Results indicate the relatively high genetic component of the head and face diameters despite the environmental differences during development. Results point to very small and insignificant differences between European- and American-born offspring, and no effect of exposure to the American environment on the cranial index in children. These results contradict Boas’ original findings and demonstrate that they may no longer be used to support arguments of plasticity in cranial morphology

Just a couple of thoughts.

There are "smart" blacks and "stupid" whites. Similarly, there are "smart" Caucasians and "stupid" Asians, but nobody seems to care.
If someone would say " Caucasian whites are less intelligent than Asians", nobody would have a problem with this. It seems as many people just assume that, for example, Japanese people are smart, do well at math, music, engineering, etc. so it's not a problem to consider Asian smarter than Caucasian, hypothetically (not saying this is true). However, whenever blacks are involved in any comparison with regards to "intelligence", it always turns into a race argument.

On average, the physical differences between African blacks and Caucasian whites, for example, are numerous. They include anatomical differences in muscles, brain structure, body composition, differences in metabolism and biochemistry, and many more. It would be foolish to assume absolute equality in what we call " intelligence" across races. There might very well be genetic differences between blacks and white which imply different brain biochemistry and that would result in significantly differences in the way black and white people process information.

It would be interesting to carry out further studies to assess such differences in more detail, but no institution would ever want their name associated with something that might end up revealing the obvious, which is that blacks and whites have significant differences in intelligence. It's a shame in a way, because we might gain interesting insights into our history and our origins, and also because this could have positive implications for our society. For example, we could identify differences in brain biochemistry across races, which would lead us to identify genes which are associated with specific traits. Potentially, this could lead to a more personalized approach to medicine, whereby certain diseases could be cured more easily, by knowing the "ethnic" genetic profile of an individual.

The real question though is: what exactly is intelligence? Is it simply the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills? What about creative intelligence, or musical, or emotional intelligence? Until we can define clearly what we are talking about and whether it is measurable, and the ways we measure it are specific and give reproducible results, most of this discussion can only exist in the realm of speculation.
In my opinion, it's not wrong to compare, study and calculate abilities, distribution, etc. What is however absolutely wrong is usage of such data for making obstacles for social success or violating basic human rights.

First I was suprised by the fact that many users here refer to research data from nearly-penultimate century but then I realised that maybe it's just because any racial research was severely compromised with racism / racial bias.

STG

Robin
Society has a problem with racism with dogs, lets call it Dogism.

All canines are born as blank slates. How a canine turns out is 100% due to its environment.

Pit bulls are victims of society, the reason they are shot to death by the police more often then golden retrievers is because pit bulls do not have the same opportunities a golden retriever has. If a pit bull were raised in the same environment as a golden retriever it would be no different then a golden retriever. The years of selective breeding are for nothing, dogs are born as blank slates!

This article is hate speech and filled with examples of Dogism.

Lets create a movement where we force dogs into roles that aren't best suited for them in order to appease the religion of equality.

Lets also shame people who want "purebred" dogs as they are literally Hitler.

Why the German Shepherd Dog Excels as a Canine Cop and Soldier

Have you ever thought about why this particular breed is so suited for this kind of hard work?

The breed dates back to the 1890s, where it worked as a herding and farm dog. According to the German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA), the official parent club and “guardian” of the breed in the United States, the very first registered German Shepherd Dog in Germany was a “working sheepherder, requiring no training other than direction and finish to become proficient at the task.” GSDs were prized for their “utility and intelligence” and later used heavily in the World Wars, demonstrating their trainability, loyalty and courage.

These qualities have been bred into German Shepherd Dogs for over a hundred years, endearing the breed to a wide public in practically every country of the globe as a companion, protector, and friend.

What, a racist propaganda cliché from a pre-pre-penultimate century? Really? Please, I think no matter how racist or biased local WASPs might be, they wouldn't buy it. It's the lamest point I've seen, telling more about your ignorance on African empires than about the actual state of things. Now watch my master touch:

Last edited:
Who knows. Like I said, it's just a theory that makes sense to me. Might be legitimate, might not.

About my "strange ideas about Hispanics," they were formed by years living among them in their own countries, speaking their language, and marrying into a Latino family. Where have you lived in Latin America? Do you speak Spanish? I can't get too specific about where exactly I lived, but it was mainly in some of the most impoverished and dangerous parts of Central America. In spite of their allegedly strong Catholic values, families are almost entirely broken there for the reasons I stated above. Not to single out Catholics, there is also a large Evangelical minority in my wife's country. Catholic, Evangelical, or indifferent to religion, the men rarely remain faithful to their wives, most children don't grow up with their dad in the house, and the general society is roughly as dysfunctional and violent as anything you'll see in an inner city in the US.

It might be different in other parts of Latin America, but from what I've heard of South America and seen in Mexico, I doubt it.
Well, it's about being poor, not about being Hispanics, then. Yes, I have lived en un país latinoamericano y hablo español con una dozena de otros idiomas, pero I don´t believe in experience as a sole validity point per se. It has also to be proven by logic and common sense, otherwise it's just an opinion based on personal experience.

Last edited:

FactusIRX

Robin
The average IQ of a nation's people is always correlated with their success. It's the most consistent predictor of success. The inability of sub-Saharan Africans to built a functional society is absolutely due to IQ. With that said, you can also have a high IQ society that is an absolute hell on earth (see Communist China).

Athanasius

Kingfisher
About slavery, that's one I've wondered about a lot. It's never questioned in the Bible. The Old Testament outright supports it, and the New Testament is ambivalent, just commanding that masters treat their slaves well and that slaves obey their masters.
The slavery presented in the OT wasn't the chattel slavery of the antebellum south. Kidnapping, for one, was forbidden and punished by death (as was rape). A person could sell himself as a slave to pay off a debt. There were rules about them going free in years of Jubilee or after 6 years. The treatment of those captured in war was a more complex subject.

In the NT, you have a church in the midst of a hostile empire and hostile Jews. While freedom is presented as superior to slavery, Paul's focus is really on contentment and growing where you are planted. It calls people away from temporal cares to realizing that life on this planet is fleeting and eternity is forever. This is the ground for passages like in Eph 6: "Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters...in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eye service, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ...With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free. And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him."

One of the reasons Marxists have always hated the Bible is that it does not push political revolution (like the Zealots did), but instead spiritual transformation through Christ.

KingDavid

Sparrow
Like I said, sun people/ice people is just a theory. I don't know that it's legitimate, but it mostly seems to be to me, if you don't nit pick. I nit picked it a lot at first when I encountered it too, desperate to hold on to my comforting civic nationalism. I finally had to gradually let that go as I spent years actually living among other cultures while speaking their languages. The mounting evidence that no, we're not all the same, finally overcame the cognitive dissonance necessary to sustain my safe, pleasant civic nationalism.

Of course, to the bolded part about God loving all His creations. It doesn't follow that all His creations are equal in every way or that American ideals of democracy and free markets are ideal for all people. That's a pretty ludicrous idea if you think about it, like believing that whatever they're doing in China and Japan would be ideal for Americans. My wife's country in Central America used to function very well as a military dictatorship, then for whatever reason they decided, or it was decided for them, that they would ape American democracy and it descended into the barely livable hellhole it is now.
Some of them can adapt and others can't. The truth is that they didn't have the selection that Europeans had so there is more variation in their personalities.

There is also the issue of very high testosterone-perhaps criminally minded-Africans that would have never survived in the Dark Ages of Europe. There were a lot of killings in those times of heretics and sinners, and this selection resulted in people being docile to authority yet intelligent and hard working. They taught their kids how to work and be good Christians and over many generations this has a great impact - Christianity really did change the genetics of society.

I don't think other peoples are forever cursed; they're having their growing pains just as we did and are just on a different time frame.

Last edited:

Rob Banks

Pelican
Of course, to the bolded part about God loving all His creations. It doesn't follow that all His creations are equal in every way or that American ideals of democracy and free markets are ideal for all people. That's a pretty ludicrous idea if you think about it, like believing that whatever they're doing in China and Japan would be ideal for Americans. My wife's country in Central America used to function very well as a military dictatorship, then for whatever reason they decided, or it was decided for them, that they would ape American democracy and it descended into the barely livable hellhole it is now.
American ideals of democracy and free markets are not ideal for any people.

Last edited:

Mike_Key

Robin
What, a racist propaganda cliché from a pre-pre-penultimate century? Really? Please, I think no matter how racist or biased local WASPs might be, they wouldn't buy it. It's the lamest point I've seen, telling more about your ignorance on African empires than about the actual state of things. Now watch my master touch:

Kid ....picking up trash that EFF members keep throwing on the ground

Free State, South Africa (4 March 2019) – It is not known who the young man is but the video has been viewed over 300 000 times in just 4 hours and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down!

Ruan Bentley posted the video after seeing the young man continuously collecting trash and throwing it into the bin, despite the fact that EFF members keep taking the same rubbish and throwing it back on the ground.

Are you a Christian, Manjusri108?

Too, for everyone else, here is a story.

My Pakistani co-worker a very smart guy but misguided by democrat politics says that his own country and Af-gan-istan are lost causes because men marry five (5) women and lie around all day (presumably making sweet love). They have no energy to create an advanced society.

Maybe Africa has a similar problem?

joost

Kingfisher
Nassim Taleb made a bunch of posts about IQ. Plenty of interesting arguments; one was against Arabs being low-IQ due to marriage between relatives. But Ashkenazi Jews, the highest IQ "tribe" does just that.

He attacked a lot of known figures online like Stephan Molyneux, Jordan Peterson calling them racists among the usual. I asked him a simple question.

- Can you name a single place (not a country, not a city, just a neighborhood anywhere in the world) with Blacks majority that's developed as White's?

He blocked me.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
You're on the right track, it's mostly cultural. Black American culture has been plagued with two generations of fatherless males, a culture of victimization, and dysfunctional school systems. Prior to the 1960s. Blacks had stable family structures and churches with low crime rates and very low rates of kids born out of wedlock.

The solution is to change the culture, and overturn the Dem plantation system. It's not a financial issue with the schools, it's a culture and disciplin issue.
Likewise a lack of what Europe went through:

You can see an eventual exponential rise of European innovations and Invention once it got sufficiently underway by 1500. Exterminating Criminals which in those days were mostly Bandits.

And above replacement fertility of the upper classes.