Is Rollo Tomassis Rational Male book still worth reading?

Despite the forum's change in outlook note something, the redpill is nothing more then the truth. What Tomassi, Dalrock, Aaron Clarey and countless others have written is not falsehood. Next realize that knowledge is a tool, a book is neither good nor evil (it has no consciousness). Third the bible itself is an exceptionally redpill document in of itself (the redpill knowledge within is simply spread out rather then concentrated in one section).

Fourth knowledge outside of the bible is in no manner prohibited, if that were the case then the church fathers and writers of the books would not have framed so much of what they said in Greek philosophical terms (which by predating the bible are inherently pagan in outlook).

As for buying the book though, why? Simply google "redpill sidebar" and you can find free pdfs from the old reddit thread. Unlike Tomassi's work they aren't written like the most boring college textbook ever composed.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Despite the forum's change in outlook note something, the redpill is nothing more then the truth. What Tomassi, Dalrock, Aaron Clarey and countless others have written is not falsehood. Next realize that knowledge is a tool, a book is neither good nor evil (it has no consciousness). Third the bible itself is an exceptionally redpill document in of itself (the redpill knowledge within is simply spread out rather then concentrated in one section).

Fourth knowledge outside of the bible is in no manner prohibited, if that were the case then the church fathers and writers of the books would not have framed so much of what they said in Greek philosophical terms (which by predating the bible are inherently pagan in outlook).

As for buying the book though, why? Simply google "redpill sidebar" and you can find free pdfs from the old reddit thread. Unlike Tomassi's work they aren't written like the most boring college textbook ever composed.
Tomassi's first book is a must read for all modern males no matter how textbooky it comes off. It's a huge slap in the face if you've been trapped in the blue pill matrix.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
I don't think so. From what I can recall, Rollo tirelessly promotes fornication through the guise of "spinning plates."

The question to ask yourself is, "would you give your son The Rational Male?" My answer is a hard no.
Men need to know the nature of women. Looking around here in Germany, most churches have been infiltrated, and The Rational Male is the as close to the truth as it can get. The Rational Male is so much more than a guide on how to spin plates. Red Pill knowledge can actually prevent a guy from blowing his brains out due to a bad divorce.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
Honestly I've never been a fan of The Rational Male. It's been a while since I read it, and I've changed since then, but I basically remember the book coming across as a handbook for surviving emotional abuse. The premise wasn't new to me, as I was "redpilled" before reading the book. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the premise of the book basically being "women can't love you, so make sure you just hold alpha male frame, dread-game the mother of your children (disgusting), and jestermaxx".

I think I even remember in an interview someone asked Tomassi why his wife won't leave him and he said basically because he has "creative intelligence". In the same interview he mentioned he was in a band in the 80s/90s and had a notch count of 30something (32 I believe). I think the Rational Male is insidious because it contains a partial truth, but what I think the book really is, is Rollo Tomassi's system for salvaging a damaged, secular, transactional relationship.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
I'm torn on this topic. I've not read a book from Rollo Tomassi, but I've seen some of his material.

From all I've learned in life, I know that you have to finesse your judgement(s) and relationships are tricky. I've noticed that many smart therapists that are public always temper their advice and ideas with relationships because it can get complicated. You don't always know the true story unless you live with people or inside their brains.

From my simple perspective, I'm quick to say don't divorce but simply have sex everyday, literally - if you've read my Sex challenge posts. Do it for the kids, so as to not screw them up, etc. And I hold to that, since divorce "eff's up" everything from family to finances, to Grandparents - grandchildren relationships ... everything.

Having said all that, there are some bits of good advice on how to steel yourself for life - good advice found in Mgtow, RedPill and Man-o-sphere writings.

Some of those ideas I'll soon share with my son. This is how I'll do it.

"Son, here's the bible read about Potiphar's Wife (False rape charges).
Son, read about Jezebel ...
Son, read about Delilah ...
Son, read about Lot's Wife ... (GloboHomo)
Son, read about Herodias and daughter Salome ... (murderous women)"

"Son, don't marry a woman like that ..."

"Son, you see that God-fearing virgin girl, 5 years younger than you?"
"Marry her."
" When?"
"Tomorrow."

John 3:16

Sitting Bull

Woodpecker
I think I even remember in an interview someone asked Tomassi why his wife won't leave him and he said basically because he has "creative intelligence".
So, it's the same old story of a preacher never practising what he preaches ? I always avoid those types like the plague, and I'm surprised so many people sense nothing wrong with that.

This phenomenon appears in other fields as well. Part of my family practices the bridge game of cards competitively. Famous champions take advantage of their fame and write best-sellers allegedly describing their secret strategies, but of course they're not stupid enough to give their opponents ways to outwit them. If cornered, they'll admit they're "just proposing a thought experiment based on their experience as a bridge player" etc.

Last edited:

Sitting Bull

Woodpecker
I basically remember the book coming across as a handbook for surviving emotional abuse.

By the way, the Christian answer to evil or abuse is not to counter evil and abuse with more evil and abuse (as Tomassi advises). Christianity says, "if your neighbor abuses you 100 times, resist and pray for him 200 times".

I remember the premise of the book basically being "women can't love you, so make sure you just hold alpha male frame, dread-game the mother of your children (disgusting), and jestermaxx".

Isn't that weakness towards women ? Conceding them the "right" of being a complete, useless @&*~% ?

BiggNastee

Woodpecker
I can't say I didn't learn anything from his writings. But his black pill, people as numbers philosophy pushed me away from the Pick Up movement. Which ironically brought me back to Roosh.

Say what you want about the morals this place had but the thing that always kept me around was actually seeing a person and not just a notch.

BiggNastee

Woodpecker
I can't say I didn't learn anything from his writings. But his black pill, people as numbers philosophy pushed me away from the Pick Up movement. Which ironically brought me back to Roosh.

Say what you want about the morals this place had but the thing that always kept me around was actually seeing a person and not just a notch.
I know that last part sounds stupid there was usually a face next to that "flag".

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
I'm torn on this topic. I've not read a book from Rollo Tomassi, but I've seen some of his material.

From all I've learned in life, I know that you have to finesse your judgement(s) and relationships are tricky. I've noticed that many smart therapists that are public always temper their advice and ideas with relationships because it can get complicated. You don't always know the true story unless you live with people or inside their brains.

From my simple perspective, I'm quick to say don't divorce but simply have sex everyday, literally - if you've read my Sex challenge posts. Do it for the kids, so as to not screw them up, etc. And I hold to that, since divorce "eff's up" everything from family to finances, to Grandparents - grandchildren relationships ... everything.

Having said all that, there are some bits of good advice on how to steel yourself for life - good advice found in Mgtow, RedPill and Man-o-sphere writings.

"Marry her."
" When?"
"Tomorrow."

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker

"Marry her."
" When?"
"Tomorrow."

“Son, you see that woman who’s pregnant and tells some hard-to-believe story about how it happened? Give her the benefit of the doubt and marry her anyway!”

Matthew 1:16-24

Last edited:
The 1st Rational Male Book is an overview of Relationship Dynamics in The West. It's a good foundation, but if you are online in these parts of the internet, a lot of it will be obvious to you. His 2nd and 3rd Books are completely re-hashing the same content, it was a waste of my time.

The whole "red pill" thing is good to understand and then move forward and better your life in every conceivable way to live in peace/with love/healthy relationships - while acknowledging the reality of human nature and social engineering in an "Art of War" type of way. Don't get stuck in Rollo's repeat content, constant woman bashing, feeling bitter etc. Wastes your time and makes his circle of shills more money through book sales and ad revenue.

The social engineering is intense in mainstream society, the odds are stacked against us, even having a normal relationship/family has become an outright "offense" to the Elite's agenda - but that doesn't mean you can't proceed in an ethical STRATEGIC, well-calculated manner.

Just accept the agenda of this era is pure evil, but there is still good energy to work around it.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
“Son, you see that woman who’s pregnant and tells some hard-to-believe story about how it happened? Give her the benefit of the doubt and marry her anyway!”

Matthew 1:16-24
Did my son have a dream where a 15 foot tall angel spoke a word from God to him?
If so, then I can agree.

Back to what is most average ... when it comes to relationships some people love drama ... it's mostly immaturity. You can have a 70 old year person that is as immature as a 15 year old.

I know of Grandmothers that will not visit their grandchildren because the parents (of said grandchildren) are too decent, clean, too responsible and mature. Those Grandmothers, they choose to hang out with the meth-heads of the family. : )

Be well, choose wisely.

Last edited:

zeraiscold

Chicken
Honestly, alot of red pill books out there contain conflicting messages and sometimes influence people negatively. I personally just finished this book by a popular youtuber Alpha Male Strategies, and it honestly is the best book i've read in a while on this subject matter. Feel free to check it out at https://amzn.to/3nT9tZV and let me know what you think

Pelagius

Robin
I think there's this idea within religious communities, of which this forum is also becoming - that the 'perfect' one will come from God and she will have none of the innate biological drivers that cause all of the problems we see in relationships. She will be submissive, funny and want sex as much (or as little) as you want and life will go great with your 'one' that was gifted by God himself.

What this does, is foster an unhealthy community whereby men cannot talk about relational problems (usually a lack of sex) because he has to uphold the image of his wife being the 'one' that everyone covets, and if he is to mention his dissatisfaction, he will often be met with scold from the community as a true man of god (TM) would never complain about wanting sex, he must be deep in sin and lust.

Dead bedrooms are incredibly common and it's rarely because of 'differing sex drives'.

What a lot of Blue Pill religious men come to find is that whilst their perfect wife isn't cheating or anything of the kind - they also aren't having sex with him and it's because to her he has become the safe cuddly teddybear that she can rely on to do as he's told, will never leave and will put up with undesired intimacy once a year.

The religious community today offers little to help with this situation and the idealized relationship can become one of 'platonic room mates'.

The Rational male however offers you an actual life line, but to take that life line would depend on if you believe the person you are with is 'the one' or if there are many 'good ones'. If your woman is the chosen one from God, but after one year doesn't want sex ever again and begins nagging you and disrespecting you - is this a worldly problem that can be fixed with worldly solutions, or do we say that actually perhaps this one wasn't from God but the next one will be?

From my perspective we have to live in the real world even if we are not of the world and the Rational Male is one of the best books to have ever existed in understanding how to maintain desire in a relationship, keeping both partners at their optimal happiness and stress free.

Whilst I'm not a fan of Rollo's marketing nor his comments towards Roosh finding God - it would be naive to assume he hasn't helped save many marriages that would otherwise not have survived and this has to have some credit.

I'm sure my opinion won't be popular here and that's OK - I'm just calling it how I see it currently.

bucky

Ostrich

At the risk of being the guy below, I feel like I have to point out that the earliest parts of the Bible are far more ancient than Greek philosophy. Obviously, you had something like Christ's ministry in the flesh in mind when you said that Greek philosophy predates it, but I thought it was an important enough distinction to point out.

actually.png