Is Russia falling into a similar form or COVID tyranny as the West??

So, I have been wanting to go to Russia for a while now and have been planning and preparing for doing so soon, but some scary stuff related to COVID bullshit appear to be happening there that have caused in me some hesitation, to say the least,....

Case in point....

Russia's Saint Petersburg tightens virus controls​

Credit: Pixabay/CC0 Public Domain
Russia's second city, Saint Petersburg, announced Monday it would tighten restrictions to battle a surge in COVID-19 cases, introducing a health pass to regulate access to crowd events.

From November 1, people will need to present a QR barcode to get into sports and cultural events where more than 40 people are gathering, the city's deputy governor Boris Piotrovski said in a Telegram post.

Only people who have been fully vaccinated or who have had a negative COVID test in the past 72 hours will receive the QR code.

From November 15, those restrictions will be extended to swimming pools, fitness centres, theatres, cinemas, museums and circuses. From December 1, the measures will also include restaurants and shops.

But cafes in stations and airports will be exempted, as will pharmacies and shops selling food.

The city authorities also recommended that all employers put in place teleworking for staff from November 1.

Some aparent good news...

Moscow Cancels QR Code Requirement for Restaurants, Cafes​

July 16, 2021

12222.jpg
Restaurant diners had been required show an official QR code proving vaccination, recent recovery from Covid-19 or a negative PCR test from within the past 72 hours. TASS
Muscovites and guests of the capital will no longer be required to present QR codes in order to dine indoors at Moscow’s restaurants, cafes and bars, according to a mayoral decree published Friday.
The decree comes into effect starting Monday, July 19, exactly three weeks after the controversial measure was put in place.

Last month, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin imposed restrictions aimed at boosting the capital’s lagging vaccination rates by requiring restaurant diners to show an official QR code proving vaccination, recent recovery from Covid-19 or a negative PCR test from within the past 72 hours. Outdoor verandas were not affected by the rule.
In addition to restaurants, the city’s clubs, bars, discos and karaoke clubs as well as children's playrooms will resume normal operations from July 19, the decree says.
The unprecedented move by city authorities had been met with resistance from restaurant owners and patrons alike. Some restaurant owners publicly defied the restrictions despite facing fines for doing so. Many people, especially foreigners, had also reported being unable to obtain a QR code despite being vaccinated or recovering from the virus.
The city’s restaurants and cafes were hit hard by the sharp drop in business and about 170 of them have closed since the restrictions went into effect.

Other....

Brilliant! How Russians Crushed Moscow’s Dumb Vaccine Passports In Just 3 Weeks​

The Mayor of Moscow Russia, a guy named Sergei Sobyanin, thought that Pothead Bill’s commie QR code idea was just ducky. So, Sobyanin made vaccination QR code passports mandatory on the 1st of July this year. Mayor Sobyanin apparently doesn’t smoke as much pot as Pothead Bill, so his vaccine passport plan was actually less restrictive than Pothead Bill’s.

For example, if you’ve already had corona-virus, you are immune to it. You have better immunity than any vaccine can provide. So, Moscow citizens who have had corona-virus and recovered can get a QR code just like a vaccinated person can.

Just like in New York City, it suddenly became illegal for dirty unvaccinated second-class citizens to go certain places. Moscow residents were no longer allowed to eat at restaurants, get their hair cut, go to a movie theater, stay in a hotel, work out at a gym, have a beer at the tavern after work, or get their fingernails done at a nail salon. If they didn’t have a QR code, they were banned from participating in many aspects of the city’s economy.

Here’s how they crushed Mayor Sobyanin’s vaccine passport – and it was pretty simple. Moscow residents simply stopped frequenting any business that required a vaccine passport.

The really beautiful thing about this was that the vaccinated people stood in solidarity with the unvaccinated. Business trickled to near zero at all establishments where the vaccine passport was required.

Moscow residents let their hair grow out, skipped going to bars and restaurants, didn’t go to the movies, didn’t stay in hotels or do anything else that required a vaccine passport.

Business owners from all over the city were suddenly calling Mayor Sobyanin’s office to chew his ear off about the vaccine passports. They were going broke, and they were mad as hell about it.

Marina Zemskova, the head of a regional hotel and restaurant association in Russia, said the vaccine passport turned out to be worse for business than a full lock-down. At least if there was another lock-down, she notes, businesses “could count on some kind of government support measures.”

There’s no government support coming under a vaccine passport system. What the not-very-elite elites failed to anticipate about Moscow residents was they would simply not participate in the scam at all.

The business owners were so infuriated with the mayor that Sobyanin made a sudden, surprise announcement on July 19th that nobody needs to use a vaccine passport anymore. He made up a hilarious excuse, claiming that COVID case rates were all better suddenly, as the reason for lifting the QR code passports.

But everyone knew the truth. Moscow residents decided that their medical privacy and their right to travel is more important than whatever the people in charge were telling them.

It was a massive case of civil disobedience – and they didn’t even have to go outside and set things on fire in a big protest. All they did was say, “Any business that wants to see a vaccine passport from me is not getting any of my money.”

So... in your opinion, would it be SAFE to travel to Russia and stay there for long term???? (As in I will not be losing my freedom and being forced to receive an inyection against my will, sort of safe)

Muscovite

Robin
Orthodox
It's not looking good.

Today the Moscow mayor announced new restrictions, mostly for the over 60s. But, this is just the start in my opinion.

Vlad keeps saying he's against mandatory vaccinations, but then the governors of each region can make it mandatory just like the Moscow mayor can.

They're also going down the "COVID incidence among children up dramatically" road.

I still think Russia is a good place to be in the long-term, but you might want to see how the next few months play out before making a decision.

Easy_C

Peacock
One factor to keep in mind: Russians have no historical basis or deeply seated concept of civil liberties the way the US does. They're going to push more in that direction. The passes are useful for controlling domestic political dissent.

BUT there is a huge difference in outcomes if people who have previously had it are not required to get the vax. It indicates that they're not trying to reduce population, implant some kind of tech, or whatever (we have no idea realistically) the "confidential" ingredients in this shot are supposed to accomplish in the West.

RedLagoon

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Putin is also a corrupt puppet, very likely to be also a pedophile, like the rest of the global political class.

I'm seeing a lot of stuff said about Putin here atm without context. He's "likely" to be a peedo and also a triple bracket member etc.

What is this based on? Generous curiousity from my part as nothing surprises me anymore as some news coming from Russia are disturbing.

It's not looking good.

Today the Moscow mayor announced new restrictions, mostly for the over 60s. But, this is just the start in my opinion.

Vlad keeps saying he's against mandatory vaccinations, but then the governors of each region can make it mandatory just like the Moscow mayor can.

They're also going down the "COVID incidence among children up dramatically" road.

I still think Russia is a good place to be in the long-term, but you might want to see how the next few months play out before making a decision.
I agree with your point of view to a large degree.

All the things that they are currently doing there do seem to me like testing the waters and setting things up for further restrictions and tyrany.

I remain somewhat hopeful still, but I will give it a whole year to see how things develop. A year should be enough to tell me where are they going (I hope) and be able to make a better decision.

The thing is that I simply do not have much hope left for the countries in the West anymore. I simply do not believe there is going to be a viable long term future and the ability to be happy and raise a family for me here.

Maybe I am being pessimistic, but shit ain't looking very promising at all after (((They))) managed to stole the election so easily and are being able to go full on with what I believe is a mass genocide and crippling of the world's population.

God have mercy on all of us.

One factor to keep in mind: Russians have no historical basis or deeply seated concept of civil liberties the way the US does. They're going to push more in that direction. The passes are useful for controlling domestic political dissent.

BUT there is a huge difference in outcomes if people who have previously had it are not required to get the vax. It indicates that they're not trying to reduce population, implant some kind of tech, or whatever (we have no idea realistically) the "confidential" ingredients in this shot are supposed to accomplish in the West.

Hope you are right and thing do get better in there as time goes by. :/

Moscow Orders Strict Lockdown Amid ‘Worst-Case’ Covid-19 Surge

The covid pass did not work in Moscow so here comes the punishment.
Damn... That certainly does not looks like a positive development for the future!

muscacav

Pigeon
I agree with your point of view to a large degree.

All the things that they are currently doing there do seem to me like testing the waters and setting things up for further restrictions and tyrany.

I remain somewhat hopeful still, but I will give it a whole year to see how things develop. A year should be enough to tell me where are they going (I hope) and be able to make a better decision.

The thing is that I simply do not have much hope left for the countries in the West anymore. I simply do not believe there is going to be a viable long term future and the ability to be happy and raise a family for me here.

Maybe I am being pessimistic, but shit ain't looking very promising at all after (((They))) managed to stole the election so easily and are being able to go full on with what I believe is a mass genocide and crippling of the world's population.

God have mercy on all of us.

Hope you are right and thing do get better in there as time goes by. :/

Damn... That certainly does not looks like a positive development for the future!
Agreed, they are indeed testing the waters, heating the frog a little bit. All of this mess needs to be incremental so fewer and fewer people would protest.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I'm seeing a lot of stuff said about Putin here atm without context. He's "likely" to be a peedo and also a triple bracket member etc.

What is this based on? Generous curiousity from my part as nothing surprises me anymore as some news coming from Russia are disturbing.

Research the ethnicity of the people who own pretty much everything. They are almost wholly not Russian and most have burial plots booked in Jerusalem of Tel Aviv.

Also look into the music industry in Russia - https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads...azi-germany-illegal.39968/page-3#post-1473809 (several posts here)

A lot of degenerate music, which is extremely popular is controlled by Russian, Israel or Hollyweird-based Jews and their acolytes. They promote apocalyptic promiscuousness, gender bending, sacrilege, mind control themes, occult and satanic symbols.

Here is a description of one of the most popular rappers in Israel:

After the outbreak of the Second Intifada in 2000, the two began writing patriotic songs. They became known as creators of "Zionist hip-hop", a label still applied to them. In further contrast to the generally rebellious "outlaw" nature of most hip-hop, they also praise army service and eschew drugs and smoking...

Through lyrics and concerts, Subliminal and his rap group aim to inspire and encourage a new generation to stand as a unified Israeli nation. At many of his concerts, Subliminal begins by calling to the audience, "Who is proud to be a Zionist in the state of Israel, put your hands in the air! Hell yeah!"

I wouldn't recommend going to Russia unless you are Russian or at least know Russian well and have a good grasp of the culture. You'd be taking a huge risk just to go there thinking you'll be free and left alone, you won't be. Small-town/rural USA in the red states is no guarantee either, but it's well beyond Russia in terms of freedom to go about your business, not to mention having the right to bear arms.

I don't know about the pedo or bracket member stuff but a better place to start is with the Russian Apartment Bombings in 1999, also referred to as "Russia's 9/11". Shortly after the four separate bombings, including in Moscow, Russia invaded Chechnya for the second time, while Putin ascended to Prime Minister and then President of Russia by early 2000. The book I've read on the subject is The Moscow Bombings of September 1999: Examinations of Russian Terrorist Attacks at the Onset of Vladimir Putin's Rule, by John B. Dunlop.

I will say one thing. The russian vaccine is a product of the russian state, who I have plenty of criticisms of , but I trust way more than the western pharmaceutical industry. I personally despise the American pharmaceutical industry and their abusive influence on society. there making millions off the virus, and abuse the political system to keep drug prices high and unaffordable. It is quite possible these scumbags delayed the release of the vaccine to keep trump from winning in 2020. the russian vaccine is also not based on advanced genetic engineering technology, and I don't see how it is against Christian faith to use this vaccination.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I was in Russia for over two months earlier in the year. I couldn't speak so well as the time, but am now at the level of some sort of basic conversational. My reception is it's not really that dangerous and that there are highly unlikely to be broad lockdowns, especially outside of Moscow and Petersburg. Learning the language is a very large job.

At least in my experience, the tales of Russia as a dangerous country for foreigners, especially enemy limies is at best out of date. Most social issues in Russia have been in broad decline since Putin. The only exception that I am aware of is the spread of HIV. Male life expectancy is up from a low of about 57 to 68.

There is a lot of tourism in Moscow and they are encouraging that. I read that they want to give much of Europe eVisas. UK + US not included of course. In particular there are large amounts of Arab tourists from UAE and rich Indians. In second tier cities you will often see Indians who are saving money on cheap medical courses.

I feel pretty comfortable walking around Moscow, even the working-class areas that look weird. There is always the possibility that you may be ensnared by someone of low moral fibre. For example the previous time I was there I stayed at a hotel and the female owner, who was a typically Russian praying mantis type asked me to cancel the reservation so she could keep all the money. Fairly minor. I've also had my head bitten off a few times by taxi drivers. To avoid them take a more expensive taxi.

It also seems that there is much more preponderance for miserable and aggressive behaviour in winter. I think most Russians are not really that used to generosity and openness. I usually give the taxi drivers quite large tips - 25-100%, as a 15 minute taxi across a 2nd tier city can costs about $2; and unknown portion is snatched by Yandex, car maintenance and fuel. This time I was there the taxi drivers were usually somewhat shocked and became very helpful, collecting my bags from the boot/trunk, shaking my hand an emphatically showing me where my destination is.

Russia is a difficult country to work out and what I am saying here is just what I have experienced. But it seems to me that there is quite a big differentiation between formal and informal behaviour. If a Russian person chooses to be informal with you, it may seem very odd - as if they have completely turned off their emotions.

When in Moscow I had to go to a a police station several times and a few government offices. I was expecting this to be a great inquisition, but it wasn't. I would describe the police as just being normal people, who live normal lives and have normal interests. However, my experience of the police and stories I have been told in The UK are that police have had some anti-human training to turn them into robots. They have a preponderance to treat victims of crime as criminals and criminals as social cases whose only problem is poverty/oppression. See the Peter Hitchens video someone posted in the UK Lunacy Thread for more information.

I decided to venture out to several small cities, which I was a bit apprehensive about. I was expecting to be accosted by some angry people, but I wasn't. The smaller the city the more relaxed the people tend to be. More like countries like Serbia, i.e. provincial. For example I stayed at one hotel ran by a babuska and her three daughters. They were very curious. What is a strange foreigner doing here? What does he want? He want porridge? it is good for him. He will like it. He will see.

I left from a small airport, and was interrogated for about an hour in Russian. Though by this time I could understand almost everything. I have experienced this before. They can give you a good grilling in customs. I think it's just to put the heebie jeebies on you to make you spill the beans if you are some kind of subversive.

As someone mentioned in another thread - imagine publicly stating a selection of the diametric (or somewhat) positions often mentioned on this forum. You are at increased risk of loosing your bank account; having money taken from you without notice or reason and no due process; being banned from monopoly corporations; loosing your job; being alienated and picketed by radical leftists; attacked by sectioned far-left protests, who tend to face little to no repercussion.

You don't really need to say these positions in Russia, as these things are normal there. So long as you are not in the proximity to subversion of whatever the power in Russia actually is, you can live a normal life.

I spoke to one guy who described himself as a Russian nationalist and owned quite a large business. Pretty much everything he said was the sort of thing you would mention on here. But my comment is that it doesn't seem (at least that I am aware) there is the depth of understanding of satanic subversion as you will find among the new growth of, particularly, US traditional Christianity. I mentioned the satanic music to this guy and other who was a much more solid Orthodox. They took the openly Satanic music of Russia (see Tiamati, Morgenshtern, Ganwest) with a pinch of salt. One even said his oldest daughter was listening to it. I wasn't sure how deep his Orthodox faith was. He seems more like a right-winger to me than a traditional Orthodox.

The only person I know from Russia who thinks this music is very bad is a girl who has an interest in Hinduism.

Last edited:

kingtufti

Sparrow
I just met a guy who fled Australian tyranny to get back to freedom in RF.

He said RF measures and LD were all for show, lightly enforced (if at all) and essentially voluntary.

I guess all things are relative, but for example he said Moscow restaurants would follow mandates, but in actuality start WhatsApp groups to invite all.

Just thought, I also knew a French guy here who ducked into Russia with a ticket for the Euros, and I haven't seen him since, so guessing he chose to stay.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Another thing to consider, which someone from Serbia told me, where the controls have been half-baked and often ignored, particularly in small places, is that these people have been living as normal (or close to normal) for almost two years. They know there is no real reason for COVID tyranny. Increasingly people are ignoring the mandates in Serbia. Same with countries that have done practically nothing (Armenia) and practically nothing outside metropoles (Russia).

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
I will say one thing. The russian vaccine is a product of the russian state, who I have plenty of criticisms of , but I trust way more than the western pharmaceutical industry. I personally despise the American pharmaceutical industry and their abusive influence on society. there making millions off the virus, and abuse the political system to keep drug prices high and unaffordable. It is quite possible these scumbags delayed the release of the vaccine to keep trump from winning in 2020. the russian vaccine is also not based on advanced genetic engineering technology, and I don't see how it is against Christian faith to use this vaccination.
The Russian vaccines appear to be tainted by abortion:

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Another thing to consider, which someone from Serbia told me, where the controls have been half-baked and often ignored, particularly in small places, is that these people have been living as normal (or close to normal) for almost two years. They know there is no real reason for COVID tyranny. Increasingly people are ignoring the mandates in Serbia. Same with countries that have done practically nothing (Armenia) and practically nothing outside metropoles (Russia).

My teacher is from one of the regions of Russia, cant think of the name, but it has its own native Muslim population, and is pretty far off the beaten track. Anyway, they've got VaxPass there, need QR codes for Shopping Malls, Cinemas, Gyms etc.

The Russian vaccines appear to be tainted by abortion:

For that matter many of the vaccines on this list are traditional vaccines and do not use derivatives of abortions. I have no objection to traditional vaccines, I am not a fan of vaccination because as I mentioned, I hate the pharmaceutical industry and western government promoting the vaccine, and frankly covid is statistical harmless and it makes no sense to live in fear of something basically harmless and enforce excessive restrictions.