Is using an essay writing service ethical?

Hannibal

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
If it isnt your major, I dont see a problem with it. Required classes that have nothing to do with what youre studying are a waste of time.

If it is, you should not use an essay writing service. Essays are not that hard to write and the professors tend to give you the biggest clues into what they want to read. Yes, having the same opinion as the professor tends to help, which should invalidate the entire process of writing essays in the first place.

If its a stem course, essays are stupid easy to write, you literally just source a couple publications and journals and then just summarize your lab notes. The thing almost writes itself and theyre more a test to see if you were awake and had a pulse during the lab.

Hannibal said:
Essays are not that hard to write and the professors tend to give you the biggest clues into what they want to read. Yes, having the same opinion as the professor tends to help, which should invalidate the entire process of writing essays in the first place.

EC's 3-step plan for essay writing success:
1 - Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Not difficult.
2 - Format it exactly the way the professor wants. APA, MLA, whatever. Use a template so you can't screw it up.
3 - Take the class with the lowest caliber of students possible. This way, following steps 1 and 2 make you look like Ernest Hemingway in comparison. If your actual school will accept the credits, online degree mills are perfect for this.

If the class is hard enough to where you have to actually have some content in the essay, keyword outlines rule.

Sombro

Ostrich
Agnostic
Irenicus said:
I don't think it's unethical.

Schools, in general, play dirty, in order to get as much money from you (or your parents) as possible. That's why you are forced to attend classes that have nothing to do with your major (I was forced to take Math classes in my law school, for fucks sake). That's why you are forced to buy books for hundreds of dollars (in my school we put an end to that practice, but that's outside the topic - all I will say is thank God for scanners).

Therefore...if schools play dirty in order to take as much money as possible, why would you/us students play fair? To be honest...most of that money you have given away is not used to better your education. One example...what you think the hot secretaries or assistant professors do?

Even if the schools themselves devalued the degrees, you getting someone else to do the work further devalues the degree, so you might as well be on their "side."

Nylilglica

Banned
edwarrdnorton said:
Hannibal said:
If it isnt your major, I dont see a problem with it. Required classes that have nothing to do with what youre studying are a waste of time.

If it is, you should not use an essay writing service. Essays are not that hard to write and the professors tend to give you the biggest clues into what they want to read. Yes, having the same opinion as the professor tends to help, which should invalidate the entire process of writing essays in the first place.

If its a stem course, essays are stupid easy to write, you literally just source a couple publications and journals and then just summarize your lab notes. The thing almost writes itself and theyre more a test to see if you were awake and had a pulse during the lab.

I absolutely agree with you. I learned how to write correctly, competently, and structured an essay on the advice of Jordan Peterson. I know this personality is ambiguous, but the essay tips are good. I also cooperate with the service https://edubirdie.com/law-essay-writing-service. What do you say about that? how good or bad is it?

I've never used this service, but heard it's not bad

Nylilglica

Banned
Geomann180 said:
It's neither ethical nor unethical in my opinion. If your class is actually useful or you get something out of it, then it's best you write the paper yourself. But if all you want is a passing grade and no hassle, I'll not judge ya.

G

Totally agree with you. Purchased work is not the norm for me

If you can't write a stupid essay do the honest thing. Tell mummy and daddy you're too dense to go to college and get a job. Or maybe you're too busy playing video games.

(I know OP is sleeping witht he fish. This is for any imposter who wants the shiny medal without going to war. The ironic thing is he calls himself a Christian and *wait for it* an adademic writer.)

Sigmata

Chicken
Imagine you are a student and struggling with you assignment. You will fail if you miss the deadline and there is no way you can make it. You will pay someone to write your essay or dissertation. Is this ethical?
Under no circumstances is this ethical. There are other options to deal with the scenario described: withdraw from the class; appeal to the professor and negotiate an incomplete grade with agreed terms to complete the assignment; don’t submit the essay and accept the consequences; submit a poor quality essay and accept the consequences.
Institutions of higher learning have honor codes that would be violated if one paid to have an essay written on one’s behalf. Outsourcing one’s academic assignments is a slippery slope, not only does this cheat one of the potential benefits derived from the writing exercise, one is stealing academic valor from one’s peers. Also, one would be entering society with diminished abilities and a corrupt moral code. Further, this form of cheating and short cutting will contribute to ongoing social decline, degeneration and will erode one’s self confidence and self-esteem.

Last edited:

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
This is the difference between someone that should be a business owner/HVAC/plumbing/the "all so fancy and rich electrician" versus a true college graduate. This is why for so long 20% of Americans have held bachelor degrees and 11% of Americans have obtained advanced degrees. It matters if you put yourself through the hard work for 4 to 10 years and a truly challenging degree - chemistry, EE, theoretical math or physics, too maybe a JD.

When people think and speak in front of you, there are tells. Noble jobs exist and all people have value - there are simply huge differences.

John 3:16