Is Your Favorite YouTuber Paid For?

It's no secret that politicians are mostly paid for, and there's people that believe that owners of some of the biggest businesses in the world are simply being handled by the people with the real wealth in the world.

But, a lot of people watch YouTube these days for a source of alternative news

I won't name the YouTuber, but recently I heard someone with a pretty big audience admit on one of their recent videos that they have had 'business partnership' offers to 'temper their message' in a particular way. This YouTuber said it's common for certain types of creators to get hit up when their audience reaches a certain size.

It got me thinking about how critical you have to be with any news or content you're consuming these days.

Paying off YouTubers and other seemingly independent content creators (which could really be anyone these days with the way the internet works) is a sneaky alternative strategy to censoring, shadow banning or sabotaging someone to not show up in an algorithm

Be very careful what, and who you're listening to is the lesson I learnt
 

Gradient

Kingfisher
GT777733 said:
It's no secret that politicians are mostly paid for, and there's people that believe that owners of some of the biggest businesses in the world are simply being handled by the people with the real wealth in the world.

But, a lot of people watch YouTube these days for a source of alternative news

I won't name the YouTuber, but recently I heard someone with a pretty big audience admit on one of their recent videos that they have had 'business partnership' offers to 'temper their message' in a particular way. This YouTuber said it's common for certain types of creators to get hit up when their audience reaches a certain size.
Why won't you? Will the "YouTuber" hunt you down and kill you?

Be very careful what, and who you're listening to is the lesson I learnt
If this is the first time this particular life lesson became clear for you, I'd suggest that you owe that mystery YouTuber a debt of gratitude.
 
Baphomet said:
GT777733 said:
It's no secret that politicians are mostly paid for, and there's people that believe that owners of some of the biggest businesses in the world are simply being handled by the people with the real wealth in the world.

But, a lot of people watch YouTube these days for a source of alternative news

I won't name the YouTuber, but recently I heard someone with a pretty big audience admit on one of their recent videos that they have had 'business partnership' offers to 'temper their message' in a particular way. This YouTuber said it's common for certain types of creators to get hit up when their audience reaches a certain size.
Why won't you? Will the "YouTuber" hunt you down and kill you?

Be very careful what, and who you're listening to is the lesson I learnt
If this is the first time this particular life lesson became clear for you, I'd suggest that you owe that mystery YouTuber a debt of gratitude.
Coming from a guy who starts threads about a clickbait Mirror.co.uk article...noted. I'll take your response seriously.

I'd name the YouTuber - but I don't think Roosh likes them too much, so it was more out of respect for him and the forum. If Roosh is OK with it, I'll name them and link the video
 

Once Was Not

Kingfisher
Any youtuber who takes money from ad revenue off their videos from youtube/google is already having their message and content controlled. Ever since the ad overhaul where youtube/google would only put ads or full paying ads on kid friendly G rated material it has affected every content creator out there to be super paranoid and walk on eggshells to avoid being demonetized.

Most of the people who don't want to be politically correct get sponsors or funding by fans through patreon or whatever. So unless they go that route, or the sponsor decides to get political, then yes pretty much all youtubers who rely on ad revenue from their videos are controlled or influenced by google's politics.
 

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
OP why doesn't bother you? When you're a talking head you have to suck someone's dick because talk is cheap. Whether it's your fan base or a faceless corporation, doesn't matter. That's just the way it is!

My pet peeve is when they've sold out to companies that have absolutely zero relevancy with the channel. Think car guys hawking lackluster watches. That's an immediate dislike for me.
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
It would probably be more useful to start a thread on Youtubers who aren't controlled, because they're in the minority.
 
911 said:
It would probably be more useful to start a thread on Youtubers who aren't controlled, because they're in the minority.
I agree with you

That's kind of my point though - you never 100% know

I look at someone like Owen Benjamin who gives up the Hollywood gravy train of money and fame to go live on a farm, and Roosh who sometimes lives in shitty apartments in Europe - looking at someone's lifestyle and their life choices can be an indicator (some indicators are obviously more obvious than others - like for example Jordan Peterson getting represented by CAA and now going to a more lucrative mainstream audience).

Some people are pretty sly with it though
 
Once Was Not said:
Any youtuber who takes money from ad revenue off their videos from youtube/google is already having their message and content controlled. Ever since the ad overhaul where youtube/google would only put ads or full paying ads on kid friendly G rated material it has affected every content creator out there to be super paranoid and walk on eggshells to avoid being demonetized.

Most of the people who don't want to be politically correct get sponsors or funding by fans through patreon or whatever. So unless they go that route, or the sponsor decides to get political, then yes pretty much all youtubers who rely on ad revenue from their videos are controlled or influenced by google's politics.
The ad revenue restrictions are an obvious one.
People that are funded are relatively obvious if you do a Google search, or you look at how they produce their show.
I was more so referring to seemingly independent people that rely on Patreon donations, private book sales etc.
 

Aurini

Ostrich
Vox Day is straight. I've had a few interactions with him, and he doesn't give a fuck about internal politics or who you are - he just likes being right.

The worst are the "Skeptic, Anti-SJW" community. They're for sale, not only to scam artists who want to exploit their fans, but to their fans as well! They say whatever will get them popular; not an ounce of integrity in them. Sargon, Blair White, et cetera.

Owen Benjamin: I see no reason to distrust him.

Fringe Elements and Common Filth are solid.

Mark Pasio still worships Satan.

Doolittle and Mark are selling you a castle in the sky, but are too smart to sell out.

I'm suspicious of everybody else.
 
Aurini said:
Vox Day is straight. I've had a few interactions with him, and he doesn't give a fuck about internal politics or who you are - he just likes being right.

The worst are the "Skeptic, Anti-SJW" community. They're for sale, not only to scam artists who want to exploit their fans, but to their fans as well! They say whatever will get them popular; not an ounce of integrity in them. Sargon, Blair White, et cetera.

Owen Benjamin: I see no reason to distrust him.

Fringe Elements and Common Filth are solid.

Mark Pasio still worships Satan.

Doolittle and Mark are selling you a castle in the sky, but are too smart to sell out.

I'm suspicious of everybody else.
Owen Benjamin is as legit as it gets in terms of not being bought (Roosh too).

Vox day seems independent, but I question how smart he really is/how good he is at researching and breaking down issues.

The first video of his I watched was of an issue I'd spent months researching in ridiculous depth before hearing of him (I wanted to see how much he really knew his shit because Owen Benjamin always pumps him up), and he starts talking about it, and it's very clear that he's skimming off the surface and cherry picking broad principles. He says some things that are just fundamentally wrong, or he is missing the fine details in a complex issue. To be fair - Owen does that too sometimes. I guess it's kind of their presentation style - they have to keep the videos interesting as well.

We are all entitled to our opinion and sides of the argument though. I'd rather disagree with someone than them be bought off.

But yes, I agree with you overall. There's only a very small handful of people I'd look at and call genuine and definitely not sell outs in any way.
 
The Beast1 said:
OP why doesn't bother you? When you're a talking head you have to suck someone's dick because talk is cheap. Whether it's your fan base or a faceless corporation, doesn't matter. That's just the way it is!

My pet peeve is when they've sold out to companies that have absolutely zero relevancy with the channel. Think car guys hawking lackluster watches. That's an immediate dislike for me.
I disagree. You can get financially set up first (will take you 10 to 15 years) and then start talking about issues.

But you are right that if you don't do that - you are still sort of a slave to your audience who donates to you and buys your books or products. That, or you have to be prepared to 'go pick up aluminum cans for a minimum wage to support yourself' (paraphrasing Roosh) if things get really bad financially, because there will be minimal people who will employ you.

The more I think about it recently - the more you have to respect the people that are out there genuinely doing it - regardless of how much you agree with them on different issues or not.

I was listening to a recent video Roosh did with Richard Spencer where they were talking about how your bank accounts, online payment services you use for personal use (not related to a Youtube channel or site you own) etc. can get shut down, and landlords can start blacklisting you. It legitimately disrupts your life in major ways. Free speech most certainly is not free - you have to be ready for it if you decide to go through with it.
 

HTRebel

Pigeon
Aurini said:
Vox Day is straight. I've had a few interactions with him, and he doesn't give a fuck about internal politics or who you are - he just likes being right.

The worst are the "Skeptic, Anti-SJW" community. They're for sale, not only to scam artists who want to exploit their fans, but to their fans as well! They say whatever will get them popular; not an ounce of integrity in them. Sargon, Blair White, et cetera.

Owen Benjamin: I see no reason to distrust him.

Fringe Elements and Common Filth are solid.

Mark Pasio still worships Satan.

Doolittle and Mark are selling you a castle in the sky, but are too smart to sell out.

I'm suspicious of everybody else.
Owen Benjamin is for sure legit. Never heard of them other recommendations. Thumbs up.
 
Top