It Is Time To Leave The West

MeaningfulMan

Woodpecker
I used to read Chateau Heartiste before Wordpress deleted him/them?/xir?

CH advertised a photojournalism section on the right hand of the webpage.

One part was titled something like “The Fall of America”
The other part was something like “The Rise of America”

Powerful content. Highly meme-able, easily understood.

I wish RVF had a similar thread!

kingtufti

Sparrow
Honestly i think this is really brinksmanship, leaving now.

The time to get out was this summer at latest. You could conceivably get out now, if you can travel light and just jump on a flight, but for sure you wont be able to get much done once out.

In Ukraine they are ramping up for a lockdown again, it's blatant. Mandates for civil servants - eg staff at govt admin centres. If you want to get residency, then you would need to do all the admin, then leave the country, apply at a Ukranian embassy outside ukraine, then re-enter, before going through the admin to flip that 90day into a full annual rolling visa.

All a ball ache at the best of times, but to do so this winter? I'd say borderline impossible.

Alternative is just to go somewhere and live illegally beyond the 90 day tourist visa. TBH that's very easily done, all you'll get is 200usd fine when leaving country. But you cant buy property, and have to constantly be wary of papers please!, which is basically the future.

That said, they'll extend the quarantine rules no doubt, which will mean a cessation of the 90 day overstay fines, but still, if you want to live beyond in an airbnb, and put down any kind of roots, it's tough on such shakey foundations.

Maybe...

The other way to look at it is you really don't know if it will be possible to move next summer.

I'm thinking of going to Serbia... right now it's open...

At a minimum, the borders will close for winter, and next summer they'll demand proof of vax...

If they sign-up for that WEF blood scan CP, it's done.

I'm sick of the cold, so I might just do it.

Sure, it's late, but like that saying, the best time was summer, the second best time is now.

On that, anyone heard any rumblings of closing border, lockdown etc?

It might take me a week to get things sorted.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Maybe...

The other way to look at it is you really don't know if it will be possible to move next summer.

At a minimum, the borders will close for winter, and next summer they'll demand proof of vax...

Sure, it's late, but like that saying, the best time was summer, the second best time is now.

Ok but what you going for, to get VISA or just a 90 days trip. The concern for me would be getting a VISA, which involves appointments and paperwork, embassies and admin etc might be tricky in any lockdown situation.

Garuda

Pelican
Maybe...

Serbia just implemented a social passport for bars and restaurants.

kingtufti

Sparrow
Summer 2021...

You could have made a lot of places look great.

January 2022 is the worry...
A rare look into Moscow, summer 2021.

Ok but what you going for, to get VISA or just a 90 days trip. The concern for me would be getting a VISA, which involves appointments and paperwork, embassies and admin etc might be tricky in any lockdown situation.

Visa, absolutely... but impossible in a lockout situation.

kingtufti

Sparrow
Also, I can't believe it's too stringently enforced, or a reality at all outside of Belgrade.

At the highest estimates, Belgrade vax is at 70%, and some villages as low as 6%?

They're risking locking a lot of people out of the economy, who have shown they'll happily riot.

Garuda

Pelican
Also, I can't believe it's too stringently enforced, or a reality at all outside of Belgrade.

At the highest estimates, Belgrade vax is at 70%, and some villages as low as 6%?

They're risking locking a lot of people out of the economy, who have shown they'll happily riot.
It's really one of those wait and see scenarios. They're going to apply it only at night and go from there so it's not a tight restriction.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
In Kiev people have become utterly normalised in masks at this point in supermarkets. Yet ever since getting residency i never wear one in the large supermarket near here, which i visit most days.

In all this time i've seen about 3 people tops doing likewise in there. Yet i walk past security, buy stuff from the women at the deli counters, pay the cashier, ask staff where items are etc, no one has ever said a single word to me in this time.

I do same on Metro and likewise. During summer mask use was down on there, now it's i'd say 95%. I dont wear and no one says anything. Walk past the guards, nothing. Maybe i get a few bad looks from some passengers, but i've noticed a lot more positive responses from others. When you see others without masks down there it's almost like an unspoken 'good on you'.

Paradoxically i'd say on busses usuage is as low as 40%. It just seems people here have got it into their heads they have to have them in supermarkets and metro. In malls its maybe 70%.

Not doing this to pat myself on back, just to point out that this whole thing stops if people dont go along with it. No one is enforcing it, it's all just group engineered compliance.

It's important to show people that they can just disregard it at will. It's like the Elites idealogy and their obsession with 'consent'. Just do not consent to it.

I hate being a foreigner and breaking the law in a country, but ultimately people need to see others ignoring this crap, it will encourage them to do likewise.

Padouk

Kingfisher
In Kiev people have become utterly normalised in masks at this point in supermarkets. Yet ever since getting residency i never wear one in the large supermarket near here, which i visit most days.

In all this time i've seen about 3 people tops doing likewise in there. Yet i walk past security, buy stuff from the women at the deli counters, pay the cashier, ask staff where items are etc, no one has ever said a single word to me in this time.

I do same on Metro and likewise. During summer mask use was down on there, now it's i'd say 95%. I dont wear and no one says anything. Walk past the guards, nothing. Maybe i get a few bad looks from some passengers, but i've noticed a lot more positive responses from others. When you see others without masks down there it's almost like an unspoken 'good on you'.

Paradoxically i'd say on busses usuage is as low as 40%. It just seems people here have got it into their heads they have to have them in supermarkets and metro. In malls its maybe 70%.

Not doing this to pat myself on back, just to point out that this whole thing stops if people dont go along with it. No one is enforcing it, it's all just group engineered compliance.

It's important to show people that they can just disregard it at will. It's like the Elites idealogy and their obsession with 'consent'. Just do not consent to it.

I hate being a foreigner and breaking the law in a country, but ultimately people need to see others ignoring this crap, it will encourage them to do likewise.

That's the way I see it too hence why I oppose the fake passes. We need to lead by example.

DRIIIVER

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer

Russian Church Invites Christian Immigrants from US and UK, Offering Humanitarian Visas​

Under Russian law, a religious organization can offer official invitations to foreigners, enabling them to receive one-year humanitarian VISAs, permitting them to live in Russia for a sufficient amount of time to complete the immigration process.

Russian Church Invites Christian Immigrants from US and UK, Offering Humanitarian Visas​

Under Russian law, a religious organization can offer official invitations to foreigners, enabling them to receive one-year humanitarian VISAs, permitting them to live in Russia for a sufficient amount of time to complete the immigration process.

From my days on Instagram looking for women, Russia seemed very sexualized and materialistic to me, not worse than the West, but also not better (rather worse). I also see the danger of islamization in Russia.

But in general, I would never allow anyone into my home who does not defend his own. I cannot imagine to live on a soil which is not that of my forefathers. Since when is running away a virtue? "My solution to globalism is to build a rocket and to be the man on the moon." Giving up your land is a sin. Be steadfast and have faith.

DRIIIVER

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Giving up your land is a sin. Be steadfast and have faith.
“Don't have any illusion. This system is global. You can't flee it. Better look the dragon straight in the eyes.”

Couldn’t agree more. It is an immense lack of faith especially with the very minimal (comparatively speaking) persecution occurring as of right now. Of course there are times when it may be appropriate, perhaps under threat of imminent death. It is important to seek guidance from God through prayer and support from your Priest and parish before making such a drastic decision. Often it is best to return home in times of war, both physical and spiritual. Cling to Christ and rely on Him to give you the grace necessary to withstand persecution.

“Don't have any illusion. This system is global. You can't flee it. Better look the dragon straight in the eyes.”

Couldn’t agree more. It is an immense lack of faith especially with the very minimal (comparatively speaking) persecution occurring as of right now. Of course there are times when it may be appropriate, perhaps under threat of imminent death. It is important to seek guidance from God through prayer and support from your Priest and parish before making such a drastic decision. Often it is best to return home in times of war, both physical and spiritual. Cling to Christ and rely on Him to give you the grace necessary to withstand persecution.
An Orthodox friend gave me the Desert Fathers to read and I never got warm with them, because they were running away. Christ and the Apostles faced persecution. And it is non-practical to run away, because one day there is no more place to run to.