It's all about eyeballs

I need eyeballs people. Will someone help me get eyeballs?

It doesn't matter how good a business idea is, without people knowing you exist, and seeing you (eyeballs), you won't get anywhere. It doesn't matter how good your sales blurb is, if no one sees it, you won't even get the chance to get customers. It's not about the idea, or your sales copy, your logo, or whether or not you have a .com. It's eyeballs. I'm convinced of this.

For years I've tried making an income online and it's not working.

I've tried google adwords. It doesn't work. It costs a lot of money and it just doesn't work. I've tried youtube. Doesn't work. I've tried advertising on blogs and it doesn't work. I've tried twitter and it's pointless because everyone on twitter is either an attention whore, promoting their own thing, or just passing the time, and none of those people are going to be my customers. I've tried contacting bloggers and people with youtube channels and it's crickets. As for blogging, I don't want to spend decades writing and writing and crossing my fingers in the hope of building an audience, not to mention that I'm not a blogger.

Nothing works. Nothing.

How the hell do I get in front of people?

At least with a physical business (i.e. a shop) people will see you and you'll get customers. But on the internet, until you're a somebody, you're a total nobody. How does anyone get seen online? How does anyone get customers?

I need help. Can someone tell me what I can do to get traffic?

BrainDeadSimpleCopy would help you in this regard. It teaches you the basics on how to use copy to sell and how to get it in front of people who would buy. Great intro to making money online.

What exactly are you trying to sell? A good answer depends on knowing that.

Regardless, it helps to know who your target audience is. After than, determine what's the most cost effective way to reach them: for some things, it's facebook ads; for others, hiring influencers on instagram; directly e-mailing potential costumers might also work (but do personalize each e-mail); and so on, and so forth. Again, it's a bit hard to give concrete advice without knowing more or less what you're trying to do.

It is far far more difficult to make money than many self-help influencers suggest. This is true online and offline. I speak from decades of experience and success.

Traffic itself doesn't equal sales. Qualified traffic takes time to build. It also takes time to convert. Social media is also far less effective than most people realize for making money. So are digital ads. Selling is more complex in the 2020s.

Example: I will probably buy Roosh's book on censorship. It wasn't his social media, his digital ads, his website copy, or his traffic count that sold me. Can you guess what it was?

More specific advice for you: Your post like several others you've comes off as desperate. "Clickbaity" as others have pointed out. This is on a forum where posters are likely to be worried about political persecution. There's a tone deafness there I would suggest you consider.

However, my general grey-haired advice: business will always be a risk. There will always be uncertainty. If you aren't comfortable with that or understand that, you aren't ready for business.

More specific advice for you: Your post like several others you've comes off as desperate. "Clickbaity" as others have pointed out. This is on a forum where posters are likely to be worried about political persecution. There's a tone deafness there I would suggest you consider.
I have no idea what you mean about me being tone deaf, absolutely no idea at all. But what I do know is that yes, I am desperate. My intention was to convey this. I need help. I've been trying for so long and I'm going nowhere.

How do I get qualified traffic? How do I get any traffic? At this point it would be a luxury to get anything. What I wouldn't give to have 100,000 people per month seeing what I have to offer and being completely disinterested. I'm not good at getting traffic which is why I live in the world of crickets and tumbleweed.

BrainDeadSimpleCopy would help you in this regard. It teaches you the basics on how to use copy to sell and how to get it in front of people who would buy. Great intro to making money online.
It appears to be a copywriting course rather than a course on how to get in front of potential customers. I don't think I'm too bad at writing copy. Also it's very expensive.

Pandemix

I've tried google adwords. It doesn't work. It costs a lot of money and it just doesn't work. I've tried youtube. Doesn't work. I've tried advertising on blogs and it doesn't work. I've tried twitter and it's pointless because everyone on twitter is either an attention whore, promoting their own thing, or just passing the time, and none of those people are going to be my customers. I've tried contacting bloggers and people with youtube channels and it's crickets. As for blogging, I don't want to spend decades writing and writing and crossing my fingers in the hope of building an audience, not to mention that I'm not a blogger.
We can only deduce so much from an anonymous account but most of what you have mentioned won't work the first, second, or even third time especially with how competitive all online platforms are. You say you don't want to be a writer yet you are a prolific poster here and are already skilled at copywriting, so blogging as a start sounds like a no-brainer. Plus blogs don't have to be just collections of difficult essays, but can be a more relaxed site to post memes and other short rants you're use to posting on social media/forums... the main difference being you can actually capture your audience to an email list.

I've heard it said many of the best writers don't enjoy to write and I think there's a lot of truth to it. You don't have to do it forever, but you have to start (or in your case continue) with what you've got.

We can only deduce so much from an anonymous account but most of what you have mentioned won't work the first, second, or even third time especially with how competitive all online platforms are. You say you don't want to be a writer yet you are a prolific poster here and are already skilled at copywriting, so blogging as a start sounds like a no-brainer. Plus blogs don't have to be just collections of difficult essays, but can be a more relaxed site to post memes and other short rants you're use to posting on social media/forums... the main difference being you can actually capture your audience to an email list.

I've heard it said many of the best writers don't enjoy to write and I think there's a lot of truth to it. You don't have to do it forever, but you have to start (or in your case continue) with what you've got.
I can write, but I can't write about just anything, especially long term. I have to be interested not only in the topic, but also interested in writing about the topic. i.e. a person can like reading or thinking about philosophy but have no interest in producing content about it. Not to mention that there's only so much you can say about a topic, especially if it's to do with a business idea that is very narrow in terms of what can be said about it.

What I post on here is nothing more than thoughts that pop into my mind. Ideas, opinions. Nothing that I'd want to expand on. To be honest I prefer to keep my opinions to myself most of the time, and I can't stand petty, meaningless chat that goes on forever, which is what most blogs are. Blogs are endless magazine articles.

Also as I say blogging takes chunks out of your life before there's even the remotest chance of building an audience. I'm just not prepared to put myself through that, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's not for everyone. I'm just not a content producer. Not because I can't write or make a video, but because my mind isn't built for it long term.

What I hate about this internet world is that although in theory anyone can do well, in reality, to do well you have to be everything. It's not good enough to write a book or provide a consulting service or make a film or whatever, you also have to bend over backwards to get in front of people. Not many people are wired to do both.

Last edited:

ginsu

Robin
Nothing works. Nothing.

How the hell do I get in front of people?

At least with a physical business (i.e. a shop) people will see you and you'll get customers. But on the internet, until you're a somebody, you're a total nobody. How does anyone get seen online? How does anyone get customers?

I need help. Can someone tell me what I can do to get traffic?
you answered your own question. become somebody instead of trying to sell some soulless products you don't care about, or writing texts just for the sake of SEO. Be congruent. The faster way to expert status is focusing on a niche that most others don't and providing a service ( fix a problem ).

If you cant grow your business drawing in customers passively, then start drawing them in actively. Approach businesses and start posting/networking in the Facebook groups/forums or events where your potential customers are. Its possible to run a business just from networking/word of mouth/events alone.

After you've successfully serviced them for a while 1 - 2 years you could package your experiences into products that can be sold more passively. You still need to learn how to do SEO/blogging or social media correctly for that step to work though. There is no getting around learning marketing if you want this type of selling to go well.

With starting as a service first you are not at the mercy of some google algorithm and can make money from the start. It will allow you to have more time to wait until the passive income grows ( if it ever does ). So active income first then try to add the passive income later. An example of this is fitness coach > online coaching > fitness ebooks whatever. dont do fitness though go with something boring ( that has money ) because it wont be sexy almost no one else is targeting the niche, once you are good at helping this niche and making money then passion will come naturally.

Last edited:
It appears to be a copywriting course rather than a course on how to get in front of potential customers. I don't think I'm too bad at writing copy. Also it's very expensive.
Do research to find products customers would buy. Look on reddit or forums to see what people are complaining about. Then make or find something that cures the problem.

For example, I’m sure someone could make a product that helps us find more traditional women, based on the complaints here, and sell it to us, using our own words. Or a guide on how to expatriate to a more sane country. Stuff like that.

I can write, but I can't write about just anything, especially long term. I have to be interested not only in the topic, but also interested in writing about the topic. i.e. a person can like reading or thinking about philosophy but have no interest in producing content about it. Not to mention that there's only so much you can say about a topic, especially if it's to do with a business idea that is very narrow in terms of what can be said about it.

What I post on here is nothing more than thoughts that pop into my mind. Ideas, opinions. Nothing that I'd want to expand on. To be honest I prefer to keep my opinions to myself most of the time, and I can't stand petty, meaningless chat that goes on forever, which is what most blogs are. Blogs are endless magazine articles.

Also as I say blogging takes chunks out of your life before there's even the remotest chance of building an audience. I'm just not prepared to put myself through that, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's not for everyone. I'm just not a content producer. Not because I can't write or make a video, but because my mind isn't built for it long term.

What I hate about this internet world is that although in theory anyone can do well, in reality, to do well you have to be everything. It's not good enough to write a book or provide a consulting service or make a film or whatever, you also have to bend over backwards to get in front of people. Not many people are wired to do both.
You may want to get into social media marketing. Maybe pick up a book based on marketing on Twitter.

I have no idea what you mean about me being tone deaf, absolutely no idea at all. But what I do know is that yes, I am desperate. My intention was to convey this. I need help. I've been trying for so long and I'm going nowhere.

How do I get qualified traffic? How do I get any traffic? At this point it would be a luxury to get anything. What I wouldn't give to have 100,000 people per month seeing what I have to offer and being completely disinterested. I'm not good at getting traffic which is why I live in the world of crickets and tumbleweed.
Research buying expired domains that have existing backlinks from sites with mid to high authority. Just a few of those can help your site rank higher up on the first page, then of course your content/pitch needs to be compelling enough to keep them there.

Other than that, try getting on a podcast or two in your niche, even if their audience is tiny. Then pitch your landing page at the end of the interview.