Ivermectin Thread

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
News Week Article From 2015

Some excerpts:

A drug used for several decades to treat tropical diseases could also be effective for preventing the transmission of malaria, according to new research.

Ivermectin is used to kill the parasites that cause river blindness and elephantiasis; the drug is also effective on intestinal worms. Now ivermectin could be the answer to the growing problem of resistance to antimalarials that are currently used throughout the world to control the mosquito-borne illness.

A few weeks ago, William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omura, the scientists who developed ivermectin, won a Nobel Prize for the research that led to development of the drug, which has vastly reduced transmission of parasitic tropical diseases. Youyou Tu, the other winner this year, is credited with discovering artemisinin, a drug that has become a mainstay in the fight against malaria but has become less effective due to a growing resistance.

Over the last three decades public health officials have administered 1 billion doses of the drug in Africa and Latin America.
It also has the potential to stymie the rapid spread of antimalarial drug resistance. According to the World Health Organization, resistance to antimalarials has been reported in three of the five parasites known to cause the disease. The problem can often lead to cross-resistance, in which the parasites develop resistance to more than one drug that's part of the same family of chemical compounds. When resistance to these drugs develops, the resistant parasite isn't completely cleared from a person's system. Combining antimalarials with a drug to interrupt transmission—such as ivermectin—could help minimize the spread of drug-resistant parasites.

Peacock
Gold Member
E-r4AAWWUAQlxt-

STG

Woodpecker
I foolishly ordered some Ivermectin. I haven't received it yet and planning on throwing it in garbage.

As I am now firmly convinced that they want whoever opposes the vaccine to be harmed by other drugs like Ivermectin and the pills that Pfyzer will soon release. On top of that Ivermectin story keeps up the false need for treatment for a virus that has never been properly isolated and keeps citizens vested in Big Pharm drugs as the solution.

Ivermectin is manufactured by Merck. It is an anti-parasitic insecticide medication with neurotoxicity properties. It kills nerves if it gets in the brain. Ivermectin use is contraindicated for use in meningitis precisely due to potential for crossing blood brain barrier theshold.

As someone who has been taking Ivermectin weekly for over a year, I call BS.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
I foolishly ordered some Ivermectin. I haven't received it yet and planning on throwing it in garbage.

As I am now firmly convinced that they want whoever opposes the vaccine to be harmed by other drugs like Ivermectin and the pills that Pfyzer will soon release. On top of that Ivermectin story keeps up the false need for treatment for a virus that has never been properly isolated and keeps citizens vested in Big Pharm drugs as the solution.

Ivermectin is manufactured by Merck. It is an anti-parasitic insecticide medication with neurotoxicity properties. It kills nerves if it gets in the brain. Ivermectin use is contraindicated for use in meningitis precisely due to potential for crossing blood brain barrier theshold.

Complete rubbish. Ivermectin is off-patent -- it's not just Merck that sells it.

If your local pharmacist is well trained and equipped like mine, then he can compound Ivermectin in his lab and give it to you for cheap. No profits to Big Pharma.

Also, your implicit claim that Ivermectin is dangerous is not supported by decades of data on its use.

Don Quixote

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer

There have been something like 5-6 billion doses administered over 60+ years and this study claims there are 28 incidents where ivermectin caused neurological side effects.

Those 28 people were either on anti-virals or anti-psychotics simultaneously, had parasite cysts in their brain, or had an extremely rare glycoprotein gene mutation.

Don Quixote

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I wonder if ivermectin is the wrench in all this that causes docs to wake up. I mean if you're a doctor and campaign against ivermectin, you're not a real doctor. Simple as that. Ivermectin is the safest pharmaceutical I can think of (when used in proper human amounts). Safer than aspirin statistically. Surely they must be raising their eyebrows on this one.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Anyone have experience with combining HCQ and Ivermectin?

This was all the rage several months ago yet has seen to have fallen off from what I have seen.

My understanding is 12 or 18mg of Ivermectin depending on bodyweight plus 400 mg HCQ first day and 200 mg for subsequent days.

Don Quixote

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Anyone have experience with combining HCQ and Ivermectin?

This was all the rage several months ago yet has seen to have fallen off from what I have seen.

My understanding is 12 or 18mg of Ivermectin depending on bodyweight plus 400 mg HCQ first day and 200 mg for subsequent days.
Don't know much about HCQ or the safety. I read a study yesterday that suggested that nigella sativa (black seed oil) is more effective than HCQ but maybe that was only in preventing Covid docking, I think HCQ has a bunch of other effects. But I wouldn't want to take HCQ personally if not necessary, it has a low safety threshold.

Batman_

Kingfisher

Did you actually read the full article? . I too stumbled across that recently. You can read the full paper here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5929173/.

The article does not explicitly state that Ivermectin is neurotoxic. It suggests the observed neurotoxic effects could be due to the particular gene expression of the population that it was used on in this study, drug-drug interactions, or due to nature of how Ivermectin works in respect to the particular African-based diseases that were being treated.

The article states early on that Ivermectin has poor permeability across the blood-brain barrier, but suggests in this particular case (due to genetics, interactions with other drugs, or due to the diseases increasing vulnerability to BBB penetration and other atypical adverse effects), it was more harmful than otherwise.

All that said, it was still a bit disconcerting. Either way, I have not seen another study that replicated these findings.

I do not necessarily think it's a good idea to take Ivermectin for prophyalxis if you're perfectly healthy, but if you develop moderate symptoms it's probably not a bad idea.

Last edited:
As someone who has been taking Ivermectin weekly for over a year, I call BS.
I think it depends on the dose. I took horse paste and accidentally took too much because I just eyeballed the amount of paste I would need. (I was extremely hazy from high fever and fatigue so I wasn't being cautious like I should have). I had weird vision blurriness that didn't start until after I started the medication. That being said, it did clear up my symptoms, and I DID take too much. So, like any other medication if you take too much it can harm you.

Edit: The vision problems went away after a few days, but that is the only time I have had that effect in my life.

Bannic

Pigeon
Took one dosis of 18mg of Ivermectin last week. 3 pills of 6mg. Had an ear ache and was traveling. So I didn´t want to take chances. Throat cleared up. Ear ache gone. Felt some stings in my liver. But it could have been psychological.

Last edited: