January 6, 2021 Capitol Riot/"Insurrection Day" thread

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Read the comments on here. The fact that 90% of the comments are supporting the harsh sentence is almost as scary as the sentence itself. Also note that most pro-government comments got a huge like to dislike ratio. This is why I think we are going to keep getting bad leaders in America.:

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
Prosecutors were so intent on keeping these guys in solitary confinement for as long as possible, that they neglected to get one of them indicted in time:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal prosecutors on Monday asked a judge to dismiss criminal charges against a Capitol riots defendant and release him from jail, a rare admission in a court filing that the Justice Department had violated his legal right to a speedy trial.

At the same time, however, prosecutors asked permission to refile the criminal charges again, saying that apart from the Oath Keeper militia members who are facing seditious conspiracy charges, the defendant is facing "the most serious offenses charged in relation to the attack on the Capitol."

In the filing, prosecutors said they had made a mistake by failing to secure an indictment or criminal information against Texas resident Lucas Denney within 30 days of his Dec. 13, 2021 arrest, as required by the Speedy Trial Act.

Denney was charged in a criminal complaint with assaulting or resisting police, obstructing law enforcement during civil disorder and obstructing an official proceeding, among other charges.

He spent several months in jail, until the government finally secured an indictment against him on March 7, 2022 - two days after his defense lawyers formally petitioned his release and the dismissal of the charges.

During that period, for reasons that were not completely clear, Denney never made an initial appearance in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia as required, despite several failed attempts to arrange for one.

"To be sure, the government failed to comply with the Speedy Trial Act in this case," prosecutors wrote in their Monday filing. "But there is no evidence of bad faith, a pattern of neglect or something more than an isolated incident that resulted from a number of unfortunate factors."

The Justice Department has struggled to keep pace with the sprawling investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol by then-President Donald Trump's supporters, in a failed bid to block President Joe Biden's election win.

To date, more than 775 people have been charged.

According to media accounts, a U.S. magistrate judge last week scolded the Justice Department for biting off more than it can chew, and saying it should not bring so many cases if it does not have the resources.

And, they're still chasing down people who were there:

Two Indianapolis men and a Greenwood man were arrested Thursday in connection to last year’s Jan. 6 Capitol riot, according to federal court documents.

The men were identified as Jared Cantrell, Quentin Cantrell and Eric Cantrell in a criminal complaint filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.

A tipster told investigators that Jared Cantrell and his two cousins were in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6, 2021, and that Jared Cantrell posted photos to social media from inside the U.S. Capitol Building during the riot, according to the criminal complaint.

The social media accounts were linked to Jared Cantell via his verified phone number, according to investigators.

Two images posted to the Instagram account show Jared Cantrell, identified by the tipster, inside the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol, according to the criminal complaint.

Investigators identified several posts of interest from Jared Cantrell’s Facebook page from the day of the riot and the following day.

The posts read “I was one of the first 50 in,” “forceful entrance” and “I do not think I broke any laws. I have not been to the (Capitol) before and was a big reason I went in the first place. I didn’t go over any barricades or push through any police,” according to the criminal complaint.

An investigator compared videos from the riot to photographs of the three men from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, according to the criminal complaint.

Quentin Cantrell and Eric Cantrell were identified in a video showing the men on the West Terrace of the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6 during the riot, according to investigators.

A closed-circuit television from inside the U.S. Capitol Building captured all three men entering the building near each other, according to the criminal complaint.

Cellphone records for all three men indicate their phones used a cell site that provides service to the inside of the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6, according to the criminal complaint.

The three men face charges of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct in a Capitol Building and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

They were arrested at their homes in Indiana. First appearances for the men were held at a federal courthouse in New Albany on Thursday March 10, said Chris Bavender, a spokesperson for the FBI's Indianapolis office.

Jared Cantrell, 38, and Quentin Cantrell, 54, currently live in Indianapolis, while Eric Cantrell, 51, lives in Greenwood. All three men were released following their initial appearances, pending further proceedings in Washington D.C., according to the FBI.

Nine other people with Indiana ties have been arrested and charged in connection with the riots at the U.S. Capitol last year.

A Bloomfield woman became the first person sentenced for her role in the insurrection and a guitarist from Columbus was the first person charged in the attack to enter a plea.

Attorneys for Jared Cantrell, Quentin Cantrell and Eric Cantrell were not yet listed in court records. The three men did not immediately return requests for comment for this story.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

media%2FFU20FBtWQAgxsoa.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Unrelated to J6...looks like the Feds have been keeping themselves busy in Idaho.
I looked into Patriot Front a tiny bit these past few times they've been in the news and I never found any evidence they were associated with feds, and I have not seen anyone else offer evidence, only raw speculation.

I could be wrong of course, but am waiting for something to go on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ember

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member

pf.jpg

5528405f23280f56.jpeg

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I looked into Patriot Front a tiny bit these past few times they've been in the news and I never found any evidence they were associated with feds, and I have not seen anyone else offer evidence, only raw speculation.

I could be wrong of course, but am waiting for something to go on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. Patriot Front has informants within the group. Watch the video again where the Idaho cop blurted out "informants" (note the plural).

2. Patriot Front (PF) is being targeted because Biden's DHS, DOJ, CIA & FBI are going after MAGA supporters, Pro-Lifers, anti-CRT/anti-LGBQT parents, etc.

3. PF utilize social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to make announcements, recruit new members, etc. They are desperately trying to recruit new members, which is a breeding ground for law enforcement agencies to infiltrate.

media%2FFVDWWPOWIAUpzaO.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

If PF is trying to be legit, they need to stop relying on social media.

Edit. One other thing I forgot to mention is the U-Haul truck, which is supposedly a typical MO of Feds. In the below video around 2:50 mark, an independent journalist (Ford Fischer) talked about it: "...one of their aspects of their MO is that they often come in U-Haul. They rent U-Haul so they can't be ID in the vehicles."

Note the Idaho's local news station's "white nationalist" narrative.

Warning: Language.

Video description
You might have thought that the "Patriot Front" had already been laughed out of existence since they might as well have been wearing "Undercover Fed" badges. Well, apparently there was an attempt to resurrect what little credibility that group might have had by a very convenient arrest by hilariously over-geared cops in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on June 11. As you can see, even bystanders were mocking the Mutant Ninja Cops for busting undercover feds for the benefit of the cameras. Oh, and speaking of cameras, when did you ever hear of police encouraging people to film an arrest, as long as they stayed off the grass, as happened here?

Last edited: