Jewelry

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Do you wear it? I'm partial to earrings and the occasional bracelet (besides wedding band, I do wear my baptismal cross on special occasions because I'm scared about losing it).

I liked costume jewelry when I was younger, but have scaled back a lot. Not into dangly earrings or multiple bangles much these days. (I have tiny white gold hoops in most of the time.)

joost

Kingfisher
I think jewelry looks good in discreet amounts, like a thin gold necklace, small earrings… you don’t want to go full-retard like certain celebrities trying to push “bling bling” crap. Usually you see older ladies putting a lot to compensate their gone beauty.

In some cultures women love jewelry since it’s liquid money and it becomes their “savings account” during hard times (or divorce).

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I wear my wedding band always (tbh I don’t know if I could take it off lol…) The other regular jewelry I wear is the cross my grandma gave me and more recently I’ve added my blessed St. Mary medallion from high school to the same chain. Other than that, I really don’t wear anything. If I’m getting dressed up, I might wear earrings and my engagement ring and a bracelet but never on a regular day.

Also, I don’t buy jewelry for myself. I think jewelry should always be a gift. Every piece I have was given to me as a special gift and so every piece is very special to me from my husband, parents, friends, etc.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I think jewelry looks good in discreet amounts, like a thin gold necklace, small earrings… you don’t want to go full-retard like certain celebrities trying to push “bling bling” crap. Usually you see older ladies putting a lot to compensate their gone beauty

Yeah, I can feel that sometimes though. We went to a wedding last night and I broke out some of the sparkles because I never wear it, haha. (I have a Swarovski crystals set from my grandfather that is too heavy/flashy generally, but fine for holidays and special occasions. I lost the bracelet at another wedding, though, so I just have the necklace left.)

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
My only daily jewelry is my wedding ring set. Other than that, I am extremely minimalistic about jewelry. I will wear a delicate necklace or small pair of earrings once in a great while. Like Starlight, these pieces were gifts.

I'm just really minimalistic in general, so that tendency definitely extends to jewelry.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
When the world was a little more normal, I wore a bit of jewelry - mostly a few pretty pieces handed down from my mom and gifts. I prefer angel aura or clear crystal with a little sparkle, a little bit of freshwater and traditional pearls, nothing too flashy, classic and sometimes with a little flair.

Now a year and a half into Covid, I hardly wear any jewelry at all. It just feels a bit superfluous during these times. I will occasionally throw on a necklace, some earrings, or a bracelet for fun.

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
I wear an Orthodox cross daily, Russian or Greek, inside or outside my clothes, and simple pierced earings. My jewelry collection is of sentimental things, gifts from loved ones, hand-made items, souvenirs from travels, and my mom's collection of pins which she wore often on her dresses and pantsuits. I don't often wear them as as prefer to handle and look at them, remembering their origins with love. Most are stored in clear pockets, a jewelry hanger. I want to slip a little note into each pocket, describing it's significance, to hand down to my daughter eventually.

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
I wear an Orthodox cross daily, Russian or Greek, inside or outside my clothes, and simple pierced earings. I wear the cross daily and have lost it once or twice. It miraculously turned up each time, so I'm not afraid of losing it anymore. My jewelry collection is of sentimental things, gifts from loved ones, hand-made items, souvenirs from travels, and my mom's collection of pins which she wore often on her dresses and pantsuits. I don't often wear them as as prefer to handle and look at them, remembering their origins with love. Most are stored in clear pockets, a jewelry hanger. I want to slip a little note into each pocket, describing it's significance, to hand down to my daughter eventually.

Gracie

Sparrow
Woman
I wear a small silver cross and my ring. I also wear a watch. No earrings, nothing that stands out wildly. I prefer modesty in my jewelry.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I wear my cross necklace, wedding ring and engagement ring daily and a wooden prayer bracelet. I only wear earrings and switch out my cross for a different necklace for occasions. Last year I really cut down on my jewelry box and only have special pieces that I would wear for occasions.