Jewish Democrats clash with Ilhan Omar after comments on U.S. and Israel

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
She walked back the remarks a bit once AIPAC called and threatened to support her opponent in the next election, but good on her for speaking it out anyway. Forces the Zionists to come out in the open and demonstrate how obviously in control they are. Yet if they need to do this all the time, how much control do they really have, and for how much longer?

Talk about spoiling the narrative - she does this at precisely the moment the ADL, SPLC and everyone else in the Democrat party are trying to (unconvincingly) paint the picture of "white supremacy" being the biggest terrorist threat since 9/11. Lolz.....

A group of Jewish Democrats in the House is publicly feuding with Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) after she tweeted about "unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban," in reference to investigations by the International Criminal Court.

Why it matters: The fight threatens to reopen a fault line within the party that could cost Omar her seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, writes Punchbowl News

• The House previously passed a resolution by Democrats condemning anti-Semitism in response to comments on Israel by Omar, and Republicans have long accused the Minnesota congresswoman of anti-Semitism — a charge she denies.
  • Unlike the 2019 resolution, a statement issued by Democrats late Wednesday called out Omar by name.

Driving the news: “We must have the same level of accountability and justice for all victims of crimes against humanity,” Omar tweeted at Secretary of State Antony Blinken Monday, in reference to U.S. opposition to the International Criminal Court investigating potential war crimes in the Gaza conflict and Afghanistan.

• “We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban," she wrote.
A group of 12 Jewish House Democrats then issued a statement calling on Omar "to clarify her words placing the US and Israel in the same category as Hamas and the Taliban."

• "Equating the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban is as offensive as it is misguided," they wrote. "Ignoring the differences between democracies governed by the rule of law and contemptible organizations that engage in terrorism at best discredits one’s intended argument and at worst reflects deep-seated prejudice."
  • "The United States and Israel are imperfect and, like all democracies, at times deserving of critique, but false equivalencies give cover to terrorist groups," the Democrats added.
Omar responded in a tweet, saying it was "shameful for colleagues who call me when they need my support to now put out a statement asking for 'clarification' and not just call."

• "The islamophobic tropes in this statement are offensive. The constant harassment & silencing from the signers of this letter is unbearable," Omar wrote.
  • "Citing an open case against Israel, US, Hamas & Taliban in the ICC isn’t comparison or from 'deeply seated prejudice,'" she added. "You might try to undermine these investigations or deny justice to their victims but history has thought us that the truth can’t be hidden or silenced forever."

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Hard to be on her side even against the nasty Jews considering who she is and knowing she would just as easily turn against Christians. Jews and Muslims are very similar people, they just go about it in different ways.

As much as I dislike Muslims, and not for propaganda reasons, I do pity them when it comes to israel. It’s not like the Jews conquered their ancestral lands and took it back by their strength and will, it was handed to them on false pretense and now they just think they are entitled to more having no shame about it.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Ah hell if BLM keeps talking bad about Israel and how the joos use the Holocaust as a weapon on the world I’m going to have to join BLM.

^ My sentiments exactly. Two serpents hissing over who is going to bite us in the back first and then steal all our eggs.

Two foreign-occupation interests kvetching and ululating over what to do with a bounty they don't want to share and a people they don't want to help. Start nominating your friends for positions of power, even unofficially. The neighborhood Godfather, the town watchman, private detective to report on all known marxist-communist residents with any financial or political pull. What they would call disobedience is what I would call self-preservation. Undermining these wretches is the first step, supplanting their laughable rule with your own good people is the next best step in not following any "decree" that comes from invading species.