Joe Biden thread

Tucker did talk about Susan Rice later in the show, but not in that segment.
His guest Dana Perino seems to think it won't be her. She also thinks it would be a bad choice, but I am not sure I agree with that, especially if you compare them to the other supposed main contenders. Rice seems more credible as a person to me than Harris and Bass, though she's hurt by her association with the Obama administration though I don't know how significant of a factor that will be given the fact that Biden being Obama's VP already makes his presidential campaign associated with the previous president, anyway.

I hope he picks either Harris or Bass, and not Rice. People think Harris has already been picked, but that "accidentally" posted Politico article could be A/B testing. I remember Biden saying that he would announce his pick on August 1st, but later he implied that it would be a little bit later, so perhaps they are testing the waters to see what the reaction to Harris is among the Bernie crowd and independent voters.

JohnKreese

Pelican
Probably the most evil thing Obama ever did was plant the seed that Kamala Harris was attractive into the minds of future voters:

Give me a break. Guys who think you're voting for a fine chick in Kamala...you're not.

She's not even the most attractive of her parents' kids

Her sister is no beauty queen but probably won't require nearly as much botox.

Jestx

Robin
His guest Dana Perino seems to think it won't be her. She also thinks it would be a bad choice, but I am not sure I agree with that, especially if you compare them to the other supposed main contenders. Rice seems more credible as a person to me than Harris and Bass, though she's hurt by her association with the Obama administration though I don't know how significant of a factor that will be given the fact that Biden being Obama's VP already makes his presidential campaign associated with the previous president, anyway.

I hope he picks either Harris or Bass, and not Rice. People think Harris has already been picked, but that "accidentally" posted Politico article could be A/B testing. I remember Biden saying that he would announce his pick on August 1st, but later he implied that it would be a little bit later, so perhaps they are testing the waters to see what the reaction to Harris is among the Bernie crowd and independent voters.
Harris or Bass would be easy for Trump to attack. Both of them pretty much embody the leftist, anti-white male attitude that dominates the Dem Neo-liberal discourse these days.

Rice is just kind of "meh" and is basically a signal that Biden is "bringing back the Obama gang" which voters basically rejected in 2016. Rice also has a pretty bad foreign policy record and is not good in interviews, and this election is almost entirely focused on domestic issues/chaos.

To be honest, Biden's "best" pick would probably be Warren as she bridges somewhat to the Bernie crowd and is less overly threatening to suburban women voters and white voters.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Susan Rice might not scare away as many voters as someone like Kamala Harris, but she would be the worst pick for the country.
She was Obama's National Security Advisor (these types are always bad--George HW Bush was the last one we had running things) and was behind all the wars that Obama got us into, and is a huge cheerleader of the Russia conspiracy theory nonsense. She was one of the top figures behind spying on the Trump campaign, which is basically what Nixon got impeached over.

Rice was a "consummate ally of grubby despots"
Her style matched Hillary Clinton, deploring peace, nonviolence, diplomacy and social justice. Her outbursts reflected bullying, bluster and arrogance.

She proved herself a monument to wrong over right, disgracing positions she held, abrasively making more enemies than friends.

She backed US imperial wars on Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria, blaming their leaders for US high crimes.

She advocated “no daylight” between US and Israeli policy, fundamentally against Palestinian rights, hostile to Iran. She endorsed permanent US imperial wars against independent countries.
She would be an absolute disaster for America, and the world. Foreign policy is the last thing I care about in a president, and I want one who is the least active in this area, since they all end up taking the wrong side on about every foreign issue, from gay sex in Botswana to "regime change" (the modern term for violent revolution) in a handful of countries around the world.

Anyway, I thought Tulsi shredded Kamala Harris already, and perhaps even more importantly, she is note woke enough, and has some troubling questions to answer as a prosecutor that aggressively went after minorities for marijuana and other crimes (California has decriminalized marijuana) and hid evidence that would have freed an innocent man in death row. She's a pretty weak candidate, and no one likes her except the media talking heads (same with Susan Rice).

If we do have to get stuck with Biden, Pocahantas Liz Warren is probably the least bad choice (she's basically an old school Republican). Susan Rice would be the worst and Kamala would be right behind her. The good news is I think a lot of America is not ready for a woman president (particularly a minority woman). Many people even admitted this to pollsters when Hillary Clinton ran. Biden may have condemned himself to defeat by promising to run with an affirmative action hire.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
I guess. Perhaps this is that sarcastic form of humor that appeals to brave strong independent females of today that I really dislike.

But how is something like this not an actual Biden slogan:
I guess they just find it "ironic" that they will have to settle for their second choice on the ballot?
Is this supposed to be funny?

http://instagr.am/p/CBgGxivAjgk/

Biden's running mate mate announcement pushed back, likely will not come next week
Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, previously said the announcement of his running mate would be in the first week of August.

But that announcement has been pushed back.

A source familiar with the process said that an announcement isn't likely next week. According to the New York Times and CNN, the announcement will come the week before the Democratic National Convention, which is scheduled for Aug. 17 to 20.