Joe Biden thread

Tigre

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Sp5 said:
Biden will beat Trump in every state Hillary won plus PA, OH, MI, WI. Maybe FL too
No, he won't. Because he won't get the nomination.

Identity politics will make sure of that.

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Sp5 said:
SamuelBRoberts said:
He is ancient, yeah.

That and the pedo thing are about the biggest issues.
Nobody buys the "pedo thing," they just see him as they touchy uncle or grandpa.

But at his age, Biden will have to pick a very strong running mate ready to go in case he pulls a William H. Harrison.

Someone with a national security background, either in Congress or a retired general or admiral. Probably a woman, too.
The "#Metoo" hysteria is real. Biden took soft punches because the media shielded him the best they could. In a POTUS race lots of his skeletons will come out if the closet (again). It was always an open secret in DC circles that Biden was a creepy and touchy dude. If there are other women lurking to dump stories about him it could snowball.

Biden is the normie safe pick. The electoral college is cast aside from the swings and outside of the rust belt Biden dosnt have any advantages.

Also, people over estimate the romantics for the Obama years. Aside from crazy costal lefty's not many people are clamouring for the return of the Obama years.

Biden vs Trump would result in a tight Electoral College race but I still think that Democrats only have demographics to save them, thier actual pokciynsnd direction is shit and I am of the opinion that the upcoming candidate primary circus will further hurt their brand.

What is Biden main selling point ? He can't say he is more presidential and more of an adult than Trump as he has been sleazy creepy guy? Will he sell a return to the Obama years? All he has (and always has had) is his persona which took a major blow with his creepy stories coming out. He poles well as a normie but he dosnt offer anything to the table.

He can't point to the economy, war, etc as Trump has already doubled up on what Obama has done. Trump can detail the number of bombs Obama and Biden dropped to the #, Trump can detail how many more jobs he has created, T

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Sp5 said:
SamuelBRoberts said:
He is ancient, yeah.

That and the pedo thing are about the biggest issues.
Nobody buys the "pedo thing," they just see him as they touchy uncle or grandpa.

But at his age, Biden will have to pick a very strong running mate ready to go in case he pulls a William H. Harrison.

Someone with a national security background, either in Congress or a retired general or admiral. Probably a woman, too.
The "#Metoo" hysteria is real. Biden took soft punches because the media shielded him the best they could. In a POTUS race lots of his skeletons will come out if the closet (again). It was always an open secret in DC circles that Biden was a creepy and touchy dude. If there are other women lurking to dump stories about him it could snowball.

Biden is the normie safe pick. The electoral college is cast aside from the swings and outside of the rust belt Biden dosnt have any advantages.

Also, people over estimate the romantics for the Obama years. Aside from crazy costal lefty's not many people are clamouring for the return of the Obama years.

Biden vs Trump would result in a tight Electoral College race but I still think that Democrats only have demographics to save them, thier actual pokciynsnd direction is shit and I am of the opinion that the upcoming candidate primary circus will further hurt their brand.

What is Biden main selling point ? He can't say he is more presidential and more of an adult than Trump as he has been sleazy creepy guy? Will he sell a return to the Obama years? All he has (and always has had) is his persona which took a major blow with his creepy stories coming out. He poles well as a normie but he dosnt offer anything to the table.

He can't point to the economy, war, etc as Trump has already doubled up on what Obama has done. Trump can detail the number of bombs Obama and Biden dropped to the #, Trump can detail how many more jobs he has created, T

Tigre said:
Sp5 said:
Biden will beat Trump in every state Hillary won plus PA, OH, MI, WI. Maybe FL too

For this to be true, there'd need to be a competitor for the identity politics types to coalesce around.
Who would that be? Kamela Harris? Nobody likes her, she's a nasty, scowling bitch.

Hypno

Hummingbird
Tigre said:
Sp5 said:

If it doesn't, that is the risk, because you will have two white males going against each other, one slightly conservative and one left leaning most times. There is a risk that Biden will get more of the voters in the middle.

The key will be if the crazies in the primary, like Communist Bernie, will drag him further left so he loses voters in the middle.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
SamuelBRoberts said:
Tigre said:
Sp5 said:

For this to be true, there'd need to be a competitor for the identity politics types to coalesce around.
Who would that be? Kamela Harris? Nobody likes her, she's a nasty, scowling bitch.
Mind you, a nasty, scowling bitch is perfect for the Left's identity politics. After all, most Leftist voters are themselves nasty, scowling bitches (or nasty, scowling fags). So, well, I fear she could be picked as VP.

As to Biden, he might be the best Leftist candidate, as he has got 70% of the Black vote guaranteed, in loving memoriam of Obama, plus the devious LGBT vote (on account of him being a sniffing perv), plus, as a somewhat reassuring (if he does not come close to your hair) old White dude, he would get 30% of the White vote (from disconnected old wealthy Whites, or young tattooed drug users). Might be enough to steal the election, unless of course more dirt is found on him, which it should.

Biden's biggest weakness would be his lack of energy and saddening face, compared to President Trump's high energy and humor.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
One thing Biden has going for him v. Trump that Hillary didn't have, is his presence during the debates. Hillary came off as cold, hard and calculating in the debates and Trump came off as fun, boastful, and able to outwit Hillary after she gave another PC diatribe with her cold heart mannerism.

Biden comes off as empathetic. Sure it is fake as hell, but the people in the middle will likely buy into it. Trump will try to make a joke, like he did against Hillary, and instead of playing the role of teacher's pet, Biden will give a sad face and say "people are hurting, this isn't a laughing matter to me".

It is really too bad Trump didn't do something for his base. They are demoralized and the Democrats are fired up. As bad as Biden is, he will give Trump one hell of a run.

With AG Bill Barr “investigating the investigators” and with likely embarrassing stuff surfacing connected to the Obama administration, I wonder whether Biden might be dead in the water by summer.

He also has some shady stuff with his son and Russia. President Trump could mop the floor with him.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
CaptainCup said:
With AG Bill Barr “investigating the investigators” and with likely embarrassing stuff surfacing connected to the Obama administration, I wonder whether Biden might be dead in the water by summer.

He also has some shady stuff with his son and Russia. President Trump could mop the floor with him.
The Democrat voter base doesn't care about that stuff. All they care about is "orange man bad!". And they are fired up about it. And they are growing in numbers every year.

The people in the middle care, but they care more about their towns being destroyed with out of control legal and illegal immigration, job opportunities disappearing, cost of living increasing without pay increases, and drugs destroying their communities. Trump ran on this in 2016 and he will try again in 2020, but will they believe him after he let them down? I guess we will find out.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
The 2020 swing isn't going to be about policy. It's going to be entirely about turnout.

As you say, Trump is going to have to promise all the shit he didn't deliver the first time around and although the alternative might be worse there are going to be a shitload of people on the R side that simply can't find the motivation to donate, to campaign and to even vote.

On the other hand the left has a powerful drive to destroy orange man so all the voters that couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for Haggard Hill will vote twice for whatever stooge the Democrats toss up on the stage this time around.

Smart time and smart effort is on putting yourself somewhere to ride out the storm and possibly thrive afterward. God forbid maybe lend a hand in throwing the shackles off if the opportunity presents itself. Fuck all of these charlatans.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
One more thought. I believe I heard Project Veritas got kicked off payment processors. If this is true, the biggest friend the GOP had in fighting voter fraud is extremely weakened, if even able to operate. And the GOP is no where to be seen in helping these guys out.

Add in likely massive voter fraud to favor the Democrat nominee if this is true about Project Veritas.

DamienCasanova

Ostrich
Gold Member
Joe Biden's Electability
http://filesforprogress.org/misc/is-biden-electable.pdf?wpisrc=nl_thetrailer&wpmm=1

Conclusion

Voters are clearly concerned when exposed to negative information about Joe Biden, a candidate who has not yet been exposed to the kind of relentless criticism a candidate in a general Presidential election will face. Troublingly, information about his past has the clearest and strongest effects among clear Democratic partisans and moderate and Independent voters, populations with whom the eventual nominee will need to perform strongly to be competitive in 2020. In our sample, that movement was enough to flip Biden from Biden narrowly defeating Trump to Trump safely beating Biden. We also caution that these statements were presented in a format maximally beneficial to Joe Biden. The statements were paired with similar statements about Donald Trump, and thus were contextualized by reporting Biden’s past on roughly equal footing with that of his would-be competitor. The survey environment is also contrived in that information was made available symmetrically: Both candidates were given equal air time, so to speak, which is unlikely to be the case in 2020. In a case fairly generous to Biden, we detected statistically distinguishable movement away from Biden from relatively balanced, issues-driven negative statements. Considering how much worse things will be in the general election, this should give us pause about Biden’s current strong reputation. That reputation is not necessarily as resilient to the vicissitudes of campaigning as it needs to be in order to defeat Trump in 2020

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I don't think "air time" is really very relevant now.

Trump went into the election under the planetary alignment of Silicon Valley being at war with the MSM for market share of human attention. As such he was able to get his message out because he was able to get coverage from two competing sources of information.

The mid-terms made clear what was speculated, that Silicon Valley and the MSM had come to a power sharing agreement or at least a truce.

This is how it will go down. The die-hard Trump supporters will get a steady stream of articles showing that Biden is being smashed, and they will ignore anything the MSM report as being fake news. Meanwhile everyone else in the country will be getting a dramatically different diet through their social-media pig-feeding line. It will be all anti-Trump all day long, and the MSM will support what they're seeing. It will be overwhelming. Biden could rape a child in Times Square and people in the flyover states will never hear about it.

Laugh this stuff off at your own risk. You cannot comprehend how other people are going to act until you realise what's running across their phones, their laptops, their monitors and their TVs. They are not experiencing the same world that you are.

Permit entrance to that basin.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
It_is_my_time said:
One more thought. I believe I heard Project Veritas got kicked off payment processors. If this is true, the biggest friend the GOP had in fighting voter fraud is extremely weakened, if even able to operate. And the GOP is no where to be seen in helping these guys out.

Add in likely massive voter fraud to favor the Democrat nominee if this is true about Project Veritas.
Why would the swamp help those to hurt the swamp?

estraudi

Kingfisher
Gold Member
It_is_my_time said:

Project Veritas must not be very smart to be using money methods that are unfriendly to their cause.

For christ sakes illegals use western union like it's an actual bank.
They could at least use western union.

rpg

Ostrich
Biden says there was not one whisper of scandal during the Obama administration.
Biden's greatest gift is his continual foot in his mouth. Biden sinks Biden.

Speech patterns

I’ve always tended to give a huge weight to the characteristics of people’s speech in forming my opinion of them; and while I realize it’s possible to carry that too far, I have to say that the audio clips of Joe Biden’s voice that I’ve heard in the last year or two worry me. He sounds old and tired, not dynamic; and he has a tendency to slur his words here and there that I don’t think he had in the past, and that’ll almost certainly get worse with time. And keep in mind that it’s now still almost two years before he’d take office if he were to win the election, and almost ten years before he’d leave office if he were to serve a second term!

I think it’d be ill-advised of the American public to seriously consider the presidential candidacy of someone who’s already showing clear audible signs of declining mental function and declining energy.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
TheRedPillCalledSexium said:
I’ve always tended to give a huge weight to the characteristics of people’s speech in forming my opinion of them; and while I realize it’s possible to carry that too far, I have to say that the audio clips of Joe Biden’s voice that I’ve heard in the last year or two worry me. He sounds old and tired, not dynamic; and he has a tendency to slur his words here and there that I don’t think he had in the past, and that’ll almost certainly get worse with time. And keep in mind that it’s now still almost two years before he’d take office if he were to win the election, and almost ten years before he’d leave office if he were to serve a second term!

I think it’d be ill-advised of the American public to seriously consider the presidential candidacy of someone who’s already showing clear audible signs of declining mental function and declining energy.
Don't forget an ~18 month long campaign schedule for Biden, should he be the eventual DNC candidate.
Haggard Hillary barely held it together back in 2016, & with the no. of progressives Biden has to best at first (Sanders, Harris, Buttguy).
It won't be an easy 18 months.