Just How Astro-Turfed Were The 1960's & 70s Counter Cultures?

Maddox

Sparrow
I've always thought the song, Mother's Little Helper was written by someone a bit more mature than a 23-year old Mick Jagger. It wouldn't surprise me if he and Richards had a helping hand in writing this song about a woman who is rejecting the ways of old.

Things are different today, " I hear every mother say
Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake, and she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day

These are the types of lyrics that play into the counter culture and speak directly to the young women of that day to feed feminism into their minds.

El Draque

Robin
I've always thought the song, Mother's Little Helper was written by someone a bit more mature than a 23-year old Mick Jagger. It wouldn't surprise me if he and Richards had a helping hand in writing this song about a woman who is rejecting the ways of old.

Things are different today, " I hear every mother say
Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake, and she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day

These are the types of lyrics that play into the counter culture and speak directly to the young women of that day to feed feminism into their minds.

I'm not sure i buy that. The song is (ultimately negative) about prescription sleeping pills & uppers. It's a somewhat dark bit of social commentary, but i don't see any feminist angle in it per se.

Maddox

Sparrow
I'm not sure i buy that. The song is (ultimately negative) about prescription sleeping pills & uppers. It's a somewhat dark bit of social commentary, but i don't see any feminist angle in it per se.

Well, maybe the feminist angle is a bit of a leap...but there is obviously social commentary here that supports the counter-culture movement and a move away from tradition.

El Draque

Robin
Well, maybe the feminist angle is a bit of a leap...but there is obviously social commentary here that supports the counter-culture movement and a move away from tradition.

To paint pre counter-culture London as being wholly trad, is a bit flawed though. Of course it feels halcyon, compared to today, but looking through 60s eyes, they wouldn't see it that way. It was an urban sprawl with 7M people crammed in. Only 15-20 years since the Blitz bombings, the war, lot of PTSD, lot of people walking around with tragedy of lost loved ones etc.

60s urban redevelopment pre-dated it, they tore down the old 'slums', which for all their lack of material comfort, were at least community centred, and erected tower blocks.

You could argue that M.L.Helper is commentating on what seemed at the time a somewhat dystopian future. The 60s also saw the beginning of 'Tv dinners', frozen foods, modern labour saving designs like washing machines & such.

I dont know, maybe i'm stretching now. Ultimately i dont think it's a particularly degenerate song, as they go. Not when you compare it to likes of Sympathy For The Devil and they're out and out junkie degen paens from Exile, Hot Rocks etc.

Peacock
Gold Member

The feminist angle is glaring here, equating the domestic life of a housewife (Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag) with a nagging daily burden. It's at the very foundation of second wave feminism.

If you want a 60s song from a leading group that was clearly not composed and written by 23 year old pop stars, I give you the Beatles' I am the Walrus, which was a hymn to masonic Britain's twin European genocides of the Irish and the South African Boers.

El Draque

Robin
The feminist angle is glaring here, equating the domestic life of a housewife (Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag) with a nagging daily burden. It's at the very foundation of second wave feminism.

If you want a 60s song from a leading group that was clearly not composed and written by 23 year old pop stars, I give you the Beatles' I am the Walrus, which was a hymn to masonic Britain's twin European genocides of the Irish and the South African Boers.

"Genocides of the Irish"

Oh please.

Their inability to master basic crop rotation, and the English governments unwillingly to continue bailing the place out after 4 years of proto-welfare, does not constitute 'genocide'.

El Draque

Robin
Interesting read re Freemasonry & The Beatles.

Hadnt recalled that Aleister Crowley was on Sgt Peppers, or being aware that his poem Winged Beetles, fits with McCartney forming Wings, and effectively becoming a 'winged beatle'.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
Interesting read re Freemasonry & The Beatles.

Hadnt recalled that Aleister Crowley was on Sgt Peppers, or being aware that his poem Winged Beetles, fits with McCartney forming Wings, and effectively becoming a 'winged beatle'.
As a child in the 80s, i wondered so many Journey album covers featured a beetle with wings. This picture of the Crowley book in your link explains a lot.

Screenshot_20210606-162328_Opera.jpg

Peacock
Gold Member
"Genocides of the Irish"

Oh please.

Their inability to master basic crop rotation, and the English governments unwillingly to continue bailing the place out after 4 years of proto-welfare, does not constitute 'genocide'.
You're clearly misinformed on the Irish genocide, mislabeled as "Irish Famine", it is in fact a deliberate mass starvation operation that is very similar to the Soviet Holodomor.

El Draque

Robin
You're clearly misinformed on the Irish genocide, mislabeled as "Irish Famine", it is in fact a deliberate mass starvation operation that is very similar to the Soviet Holodomor.

And a book written by an Irishman will prove this right?

It was a potato blight, that affected Britain as well. But unlike in Ireland, the British had basic crop rotation. The British government supported Ireland for 4 years with mass payments. Then when the blight kept returning, they realised they could either pay welfare indefinitely to a population that could never provide for itself, or encourage outward migration.

Peacock
Gold Member
The Irish have always had a variety of food sources, Ireland being blessed with mild weather and plentiful rainfall, including a lot of dairy production, cereals and livestosk. Those sources of food were systematically seized and confiscated at gunpoint by the British army. Britain had half of its entire army stationed in Eire in the 1840s, because people don't let a foreign army confiscate their entire livelihood without resisting.

Perhaps you might benefit from at the very least listening to Tim Kelly's interview of Fogerty posted above, because history as always, is written by the victors. To be frank there is not enough interest from the huge and affluent Irish diaspora in N. America into their own history, mostly because they have been very successful wherever they've emigrated, and unlike some other tribe who was persecuted, they don't keep talmudic grudges.

Nevertheless, this episode is a crucial piece of history, and by no means is it an isolated event in the history of the British masonic empire, when you look at what happened not only in India and China, but also at the systematic starvation of the European Boers in South Africa.

El Draque

Robin
The Irish have always had a variety of food sources, Ireland being blessed with mild weather and plentiful rainfall, including a lot of dairy production, cereals and livestosk. Those sources of food were systematically seized and confiscated at gunpoint by the British army. Britain had half of its entire army stationed in Eire in the 1840s, because people don't let a foreign army confiscate their entire livelihood without resisting.

Perhaps you might benefit from at the very least listening to Tim Kelly's interview of Fogerty posted above, because history as always, is written by the victors. To be frank there is not enough interest from the huge and affluent Irish diaspora in N. America into their own history, mostly because they have been very successful wherever they've emigrated, and unlike some other tribe who was persecuted, they don't keep talmudic grudges.

Nevertheless, this episode is a crucial piece of history, and by no means is it an isolated event in the history of the British masonic empire, when you look at what happened not only in India and China, but also at the systematic starvation of the European Boers in South Africa.

Nonsense. The food was sold by the farmers. The alternative was a never ending welfare state for the Irish, paid for by the British government, 100 years before any welfare for the British ever existed.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Nonsense. The food was sold by the farmers. The alternative was a never ending welfare state for the Irish, paid for by the British government, 100 years before any welfare for the British ever existed.
Come on man, stop with the rule Britannia, philanthropic patricians crap. The British (((merchant))) Empire wasn't some benevolent outreach drive, "ok chaps, let us conquer the world for the benefit of Johnny Foreigner", it was subjugation of the peasantry for profit, may the best plunders win. It was driven by avarice. The British Empire rode in on the coattails of the East India Company, not patriotic fervour (though the useful idiots had their fare share of that). In fact there was a time when the East India Company and British government were almost indistinguishable, such was the clout of the company and the number of shareholders in the political sphere. And the Irish were viewed as fodder for the company, lest the Frenchies exploit them.

El Draque

Robin
It was a famine ffs, were the British callous after the blight kept returning? Yeah maybe, likesay, they're not going to bankroll a rural population in Ireland that had grown too large to be able to support itself in a post-blight agricultural environment forever.

The Irish grew literally one type of potato, and that was the one the blight affected. If they'd had any basic crop rotation they would have been as affected as Scotland and Belgium were, eg bad, but not enough to cause a famine.

It was a famine ffs, were the British callous after the blight kept returning? Yeah maybe, likesay, they're not going to bankroll a rural population in Ireland that had grown too large to be able to support itself in a post-blight agricultural environment forever.

The Irish grew literally one type of potato, and that was the one the blight affected. If they'd had any basic crop rotation they would have been as affected as Scotland and Belgium were, eg bad, but not enough to cause a famine.

One of the main causes of the famine in Ireland was due to the Popery Act.

The English operated under a system of male primogeniture whereby the oldest son inherited the family estate.

Irish Catholics were forced BY LAW to divide land between all the male siblings which made their land holdings unsustainable.

El Draque

Robin
One of the main causes of the famine in Ireland was due to the Popery Act.

The English operated under a system of male primogeniture whereby the oldest son inherited the family estate.

Irish Catholics were forced BY LAW to divide land between all the male siblings which made their land holdings unsustainable.

Primogeniture came across with the Norman Conquest. First son would get the estates and the lands, second sons would get not much beyond a bit of funding to go and win lands of their own. This system lies way back in the depth of the Viking age, and essentially lay the way for further conquests elsewhere.

The Welsh never employed it, thus were forever dividing their estates up and having sons & cousins and such tied up in petty squabbles and disputes.

Whatever else primogeniture was a very efficient way of maintaining a more manageable aristocracy. More concentrated power, ultimately.

Fact is that Britain had to take Ireland on account of them collaborating with British enemies on mainland, to the point of landing armies there, with a view for invasion. There is no feasible way in which Britain could have maintained its defenses against invasion, without securing Ireland.

Last edited:
Primogeniture came across with the Norman Conquest. First son would get the estates and the lands, second sons would get not much beyond a bit of funding to go and win lands of their own. This system lies way back in the depth of the Viking age, and essentially lay the way for further conquests elsewhere.

The Welsh never employed it, thus were forever dividing their estates up and having sons & cousins and such tied up in petty squabbles and disputes.

Whatever else primogeniture was a very efficient way of maintaining a more manageable aristocracy. More concentrated power, ultimately.

Fact is that Britain had to take Ireland on account of them collaborating with British enemies on mainland, to the point of landing armies there, with a view for invasion. There is no feasible way in which Britain could have maintained its defenses against invasion, without securing Ireland.

I agree that it might have made strategic sense for the British to invade Ireland.

Catholic Ireland was allied with Catholic France and Spain.

The famine in Ireland happened for a lot of reasons.

For example, the landlord class wanted to remove tenant farmers in order to expand their estates.

The same thing happened in Scotland during the 'Highland Clearances'.

North America was developing and they needed labour - just ship the farmers off to America or Canada.

El Draque

Robin
I agree that it might have made strategic sense for the British to invade Ireland.

Catholic Ireland was allied with Catholic France and Spain.

The famine in Ireland happened for a lot of reasons.

For example, the landlord class wanted to remove tenant farmers in order to expand their estates.

The same thing happened in Scotland during the 'Highland Clearances'.

North America was developing and they needed labour - just ship the farmers off to America or Canada.

I agree, but i still maintain it was just a famine, that after 4 years of effectively paying welfare, with the blight occuring and the ubiquitous potato variety that the Irish grew still affected, the British washed their hands of it.

Certainly the late managing of it was callous, but i would absolutely draw the line at calling it a genocide.

Slim Whitman

Sparrow
A good read on the subject, very comprehensive and well-sourced, from a recent article in Winterwatch:

Cultural-Marxism.jpg

“A government could also supply drugs to help control a population. This method, foreseen by Aldous Huxley in Brave New World (1932), has the governing element employing drugs selectively to manipulate the governed in various ways.” — Louis Jolyon West, “Hallucinations: Behavior, Experience, and Theory” (1975) [p. 298]

Timothy Leary was a key operative of cultural Marxism, proclaiming in 1967 that a new race will evolve to replace the old. After urging Congress to make drugs like LSD illegal, he shows up in the San Francisco area preaching a Madison Avenue style message of “tune in, turn on, drop out”. The idea was to focus rebellious energies on navel gazing.

Read “In Plain View: Jaw-Dropping Video of LSD Promoters Holding 1979 Meeting”

(((Allen Cohen))), another character in this battle of the cultures, said, “Hippies felt they were agents of a dawning of a new age. An age in which the warrior spirit that vaulted western man to domination would be dissolved in the spiritual transcendence of the saint.”

In December 1965, (((Bill Graham))) (aka Wulf Grajonca) came in and got control of The Fillmore theater in San Francisco after its black owner mysteriously died. Suddenly, the great black vocalists of that era made way for the introduction of psychedelic acid-rock bands

images-6.jpg

Also arriving on the scene was the “Breaking Bad” biochemist drug cooker of the era, one (((Dr. Alexander “Sasha” Shulgin))). Somehow Shulgin managed to obtain a DEA Schedule I permit to concoct 230 psychoactive compounds (including ecstasy) that just so happened to make the rounds, spreading rapidly in the Bay Area and eventually the country. At this time, Shulgin was also appointed by (((Bob Sager))), the head of the U.S. DEA’s Western Laboratories, to advise on drug compounds, including providing samples.

The scene’s movers and shakers rarely, if ever, suffered any serious legal consequences for their rampant and very open use of — and sometimes trafficking of — illicit drugs. The question posed is why, if these people were really challenging the status quo, did the state not use its law enforcement powers to silence troublemakers?

doors-300x174.gif
Jim Morrison and friends
Other promoters were (((Abbie Hoffman))), who said, “Kill your parents.” (((Bob Dylan))) (aka Robert Zimmerman) preached a “reorganization of culture.” To quote Dylan, “I have to go within.”

This is essentially magical thinking designed to influence toward individual isolation and prolonged childhood. Degenerate Jim Morrison of The Doors and known as the “Lizard King” said matter of factly to the NYT that he was “interested in revolt, disorder and chaos.” The photo above shows Morrison with an Aleister Crowley idol.

“Boy love” promoter, ’50s Beat poet and closet communist (((Allen Ginsberg))) (1926-1997) wrote inane prose for “chosen people,” who understood his secret code. For the other 99.9% of us on the “uncool” plantation, Ginsberg’s so-called “poetry” reads like yet more pilpuring — and very perverted at that. Ginsberg defined moral relativism with his refrain: “What is obscenity and to whom?”

As we pointed out in our mention of Star Wars in yesterday’s post, the pithy phrase “Feel- Don’t Think” was used as neuro-linguistic programming.

The fonte of this modernity struggle for ethics and morality started in earnest with denazification after WWII. This was the opening to implement it on large populations. The OSS hired a large number of native German speaking European Jews (such as Henry Kissenger) to run intelligence operations against the Axis powers. This gave these players a big toehold after the war when the “denazification” program was instituted. These Jews were then given carte blanche to undertake whatever schemes their hearts desired. This was the primary complaint of General George Patton before his assassination.

Patton Assassinated to Suppress His Criticism of Post-War Policy

Capture-13-300x91.gif

The godfather of this re-education was (((Kurt Lewin))), who pushed a strategy of tension to break down so-called “authoritarian personality,” “anti-Semitic” or “fascistic tendencies”. Fascistic characteristics would include the promotion of mental acumen, respectability, orderliness, cleanliness, and physical prowess.
ca7372fc1eaa30bf.jpg

(((Gyorgy Lukas))) was a kingpin of promoting degraded culture as the focus of Red Vanguard anarcho-tyranny which is being ramped up to end game levels at the present time.

György Lukács: Practitioner of Red Vanguard Anarcho Tyranny

As a centerpiece of this campaign, the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations was launched in 1946 as an Institute for Mind Control and Human Behavior. This was funded by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation. It became known as the focal point in Britain for psychoanalysis and the psychodynamic theories of (((Sigmund Freud))) and his followers. Eric Trist, a co-founder of the Tavistock Institute, was the protégé of Kurt Lewin.

The Tavistock Method of Brainwashing and Social Psychiatry

The authoritarian personality studies came from a book penned by (((Theodor Adorno))), one of the founders of cultural Marxism from the Frankfurt School that the National Socialists booted out in 1933. I have gone through the book and, per usual, it is page after page of gibberish and pilpuring. One can read 15 pages before coming across a coherent thought. It essentially states that “Nazis” (aka “fascists”) tend to have fundamental good (strong family ties, paternal, masculinity) worldviews that should be eradicated.

As a centerpiece of this campaign, the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations was launched in 1946 as an Institute for Mind Control and Human Behavior. This was funded by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation. It became known as the focal point in Britain for psychoanalysis and the psychodynamic theories of (((Sigmund Freud))) and his followers. Eric Trist, a co-founder of the Tavistock Institute, was the protégé of Kurt Lewin.

hippie.jpg

Chapter 23 of the book gives the basic punchline claim and tenet: that “the tolerant are more happy because they can engage in self-gratification [aka do as they wilt] behavior.” Therefore, “eros” is recommended to counter the fascist personality.

Eros stems from (((Sigmund Freud’s ))) crackpot theory on repressed sexuality
, and that men want to have intercourse with their mothers, are obsessed with their anus, etc, etc.

Next foundation backed Albert Kinsey was rolled out to create fraudulent made up data about sexual behaviors and norms to support the eros meme.

(((Herbert Marcuse))) took this repression theory and wrote more gibberish in a book called “Eros and Civilization.” The short version is that Eros (pleasure principle – leisure and pleasure) and hedonism should flourish. Cultural Marxism, also known as Critical Theory, was essentially destructive criticism of the main elements of Western culture, including Christianity, small scale non-monopolistic capitalism, authority, the family, patriarchy, hierarchy, morality, tradition, sexual restraint, loyalty, patriotism, nationalism, heredity, ethnic identity, convention and conservatism.

images-5.jpg

Incidentally, in looking at these books, they are footnoted in the extreme. Indeed, it is a who’s who of the whole Jewish cultural Marxist regime. And they love to give each other a big circle jerk of citations.

In the U.S., this philosophy was taught in spades at the shit-storm universities, such as Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, and Berkeley. It was institutionalized via foundation grants (the Macy Foundation was key). University Ph.D. paper mills were set up in the quarter century after the war to infuse cultural Marxism into society. Once properly ingrained, the drugs, sex and rock-and-roll phase was rolled out.

Birth rates collapsed in white regions, and we are now in the transhumanist end-game phase; as, after all, there is no need for the neurotics to worry about fascists when everybody is a robot.
Terrific post. The fact is that Western Society has been toyed with, subverted, and degraded by Jewish social engineers ever since the close of WW2, with full support from the Deep State, Academia, and the Media Industrial Complex, all of which were also fully conquered by jews during that time period. Not to say that none of the groundwork was being laid in the pre-war decades, but their control was really cemented after the war, with Nazis being held up as the worst people in history and jews held up as innocent victims and enlightened saints.

El Draque

Robin
Never heard this before, but incredibly damning.

On whether Crowley was Sgt Pepper.

"The record was released 20 years on from the death of Crowley, which the band seem to draw attention to on the opening line of the album when they sing, “It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play,” which suggests that they are aligning themselves with the occultist.

This was seemingly confirmed by Lennon’s 1980 interview with Playboy’s David Sheff. In the interview, Lennon seemingly repeats Crowley’s most famous teaching, “Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law,” when he said, “The whole Beatle idea was to do what you want, right? To take your own responsibility, do what you want and try not to harm other people, right? Do what thou wilt, as long as it doesn’t hurt somebody.”

The fact that Lennon uttered these words suggests that this is more than just another Beatles conspiracy theory like the infamous ‘Paul Is Dead‘ myth and there is some substance to the belief that Crowley is the true Sgt. Pepper.
"