Just When You Thought Covid Propaganda/Stupidity Couldn't Get Worse (If You Need A Laugh)

Shedlight11

Pigeon
Woman
I can't even believe the world we live in some times, but this made me laugh (and cry a little inside). I am so over the stupidity. Lord send your wrath.......

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
I can't even believe the world we live in some times, but this made me laugh (and cry a little inside). I am so over the stupidity. Lord send your wrath.......

I really think this entire thing couldn't have happened without social media. Back when people watched the nightly news or read articles (that take time to research), the reaction time was slower. And then all it took was another report for people to go, "That's it!"

Now we have people glued to their phones and afraid of insults 24/7

Shedlight11

Pigeon
Woman
I agree. I believe technology has done more harm than good.

Good in the sense where likeminded individuals can link up and share information and personally, I love it for sharing/learning recipes.

I do agree that this couldn't have happened at this magnitude without social media.It is insane that at the click of a button you have access to news, but on most main streams its the news they want you to see and talk about, which is why most can't shut up about their Pfizer or Moderns. Or why random people think its okay to ask me on the street if I am vaccinated.Back then it was just TVs which was bad, but now theres this opinion factor added with social media.If you don't conform to the hive mind you are put in a box and labeled or even "cancelled".
Critical thinking can get you in some serious trouble these days, but I always like to think of John 15:18,

“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

Tech today is really bizarre because these iPhones and apps have made it to countries where people are extremely poor. My sister-in-law comes from a poor area in DR, yet the people there all have smart phones. It's definitely strange and was done on purpose.

This whole tech industry is completely unnatural, unhealthy and has a much more sinister motive.

kurtybro

Woodpecker
I really think this entire thing couldn't have happened without social media. Back when people watched the nightly news or read articles (that take time to research), the reaction time was slower. And then all it took was another report for people to go, "That's it!"

The flip side is that the social media "news" is much more superficial and only really 'ingrained' one layer deep. It's very primitive. It should be just as easy to reverse, it's all built on a fickle house of cards, really.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
This whole tech industry is completely unnatural, unhealthy and has a much more sinister motive.
That was the Roosh post I read originally (The Internet Was Created as a Surveillance Network) that caught my attention. I remember Roosh from the old days and never liked him much (haha sorry Roosh if you're reading this), though he seemed to have a lot more going for him intellectually and spiritually than other goofballs in the same field, like Mystery. (I had an internet friend who got into pick-up artistry and just found the whole thing funny. It's like watching aliens trying to understand humans and failing but still trying really hard, but then coming up with elaborate theories why they're failing.

The same friend later worked for Google as an engineer but quit over ethical concerns about privacy issues, data collection, etc)

I spent a lot of time on the internet as a teenager and it interests me how these things really are reshaping us.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member

We know that. Remember SARS in 2003? What was by far a bigger threat, was pretty much ignored by most of the planet. If SARS happened in 2020 the world would have been Mad Max by now.

Social media is driving this panic.