Karen meme

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
A meme that has caught on is describing uptight and/or authoritative white mother "Karen". I have not seen it used on minority women.
Karen is a slang term used as an antagonistic female character in memes. "Karen" is generally characterized as an irritating, entitled woman, sometimes as an ex-wife who took custody of "the kids."
In the past couple of weeks, it seems to be used for any white woman that someone doesn't like.
2a0.jpg

This is the Karen of the day:

Poor dog.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
In the name of equality, we would also need default names for other races...

Black woman - Leticia
Hispanic - Maria
Asian - Young-Soo
Indian - Bhanumati

Can't say I have ever seen any of these races act in an authoritative manner and enlist the cops at the drop of a hat.
Leticia and Maria yells and screams on her own for prideful nonsense, and Bhanumati is similar but from a princess standpoint and much less physically aggressive. I don't know about the asian women.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
Mika Brzezinski is being accused of being a Karen.

Trump has been bringing up uncomfortable facts about Mika’s husband Joe and the intern who mysteriously died in his office. By the way, there’s video of Joe joking about banging then killing his intern.

Anyway, Mika’s been “calling the management“ of Twitter (I.e., Jack) and demanding that the president of the United States be banned from Twitter.

she even has a Karen haircut.

1590464029866.jpeg

Last edited:

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
For over a decade, white women have been putting men "on blast" and shaming men for virtually any action they take or words they speak.

There's "mansplaining," "manspreading," allegedly "interrupting" them, the imaginary "wage gap," "all men are rapists," talking to them in elevators, saying the word "dongle," making jokes at work, etc. There's also the false rape accusations and articles, phony cries of discrimination, complains about "dead white male" authors, and more complains about anyone "stale, male, and pale."

Normally, I'd consider the Karen meme in racial terms. But considering how white women have behaved online for over a decade, I see it as payback. It's a justified response to a class of people who have drummed up trouble for too long and who have rarely gotten called on it.

Someone is finally calling these women out on their incessant complaining and belittling others. What goes around comes around and all that.

Last edited:

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
For over a decade, white women have been putting men "on blast" and shaming men for virtually any action they take or words they speak.

There's "mansplaining," "manspreading," allegedly "interrupting" them, the imaginary "wage gap," "all men are rapists," talking to them in elevators, saying the word "dongle," making jokes at work, etc. There's also the false rape accusations and articles, phony cries of discrimination, complains about "dead white male" authors, and more complains about anyone "stale, male, and pale."

Normally, I'd consider the Karen meme in racial terms. But considering how white women have behaved online for over a decade, I see it as payback. It's a justified response to a class of people who have drummed up trouble for too long and who have rarely gotten called on it.

Someone is finally calling these women out on their incessant complaining and belittling others. What goes around comes around and all that.
I think "payback" is not the right concept - this is just identifying and describing a phenomenon / trope / meme that we see in real life, it's not some kind of revenge for how women have treated men. Kind of like "crazy homeless hobo" is a trope.
Calling it payback is what feminists would say.

The phenomenon is definitely mostly observed in white women in the western world but it's a universal concept - the mayor's or politician's wife expecting special treatment from the front line worker or police officer and wants to speak to their superior - "don't you know who I am? I'm someone more important than you"
Karens has an innate sense of entitlement regardless of her actual position or connections - she is just a white woman in the first world so everyone owes her deference and must humor her caprices and her strong opinions.

This meme could be taken too far.

If Karen wants to scream in my face because I'm not wearing a mask, she can f*** off.
But what if, for example, Karen complained about the streets covered with garbage? Or if she complained about some kids playing obnoxiously loud music in public transportation?
Would we say to her "Ok Karen"?

kel

Ostrich
Yeah, "Karen" is now being applied to any white woman who notices decay in the world, who remembers there was a time when things weren't shit and that that social contract has now broken down. Those above saying "Karen" is some anti-feminist slur haven't been paying attention.