Karen meme

ABeast

Robin
The mere presence of public shaming of white women who took the feminist route is the kind of cultural trend that gives one hope for the future.
I don't think it's anti-feminist. Karen could very well be a traditional mother-type who is just annoying. There are people like that in every demographic/ideological group. I hate the meme though because I have an ex named Karin who was actually a nice girl, but of course is now in her late 30s and motherless!

I don't think it's anti-feminist. Karen could very well be a traditional mother-type who is just annoying. There are people like that in every demographic/ideological group. I hate the meme though because I have an ex named Karin who was actually a nice girl, but of course is now in her late 30s and motherless!

I think, fundamentally, it is anti-feminist. First off, the feminists are taking it that way:

and rightly so in that feminism, whether they admit it or not, is about "empowering" women to become selfish complainers. This complaining is usually centered around "The Patriarchy", and individual men, but when someone gets that power endorphin jolt to the brain, they begin with use it elsewhere.

Also, this meme has torn the space-time continuum for feminists between them and the rest of the leftist coalition including non-white women who would actually like to do more than just ride on white feminism's coattails. Emma Watson is a wonderful example of a Baizuo:

Why, she thought she was going to save the world! Instead, she wound up being mocked and criticized by the very groups she thought should welcome her leadership.

The ultimate, "Karen", of course, is Hillary Clinton.

Sherman

Ostrich
The Karen who called the cop on the man telling her she is breaking the law by not having her dog on a leash – think for a moment of how arrogant that is. To call a cop when you are the one doing something illegal. She has been getting away with this for a long time, perhaps years. How many men has she done this to? Through operant conditioning she became more and more bold and entitled. She got rewarded for her bad behavior. Her behavior is sick and evil. She is a bully. How many men’s lives has she destroyed with the same routine? She finally reached so high in her arrogance that she has finally been called out on her behavior. Maybe for the first time she sees herself as a human, and not a god. She has a lot of well deserved suffering to go through to bring her back to reality.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
Karens are feminists who believed that they fought the patriarchy and earned the right accoutrements, and as such they will be respected by everyone. They believe they are special and are shocked when it does not happen, so they flip out. They really believe that fighting their way into a cubicle makes them more advanced than their mothers, and hold on to that as an identity. They have no idea that the man who held that cubicle job in the previous generation saw it as a means to an end, a way to support a family. Not as social proof. They snap when people don't view them as important because of their job or nice home. They have no idea that when a man gets instant respect it's because people see it in his eyes, in the way he holds himself.

I went to a Jets game fall 2018, and during a commercial pause they put this 60 something guy on the jumbotron to lead the J-E-T-S. (He looked like the father of Seinfeld's Elaine Benis character) Now this man put one hand to his ear and did a shush and the whole damn stadium went silent and followed him. Including me. The man commanded respect, if the battle is on I would fight behind him.

The feminists want that. They have no idea what type of character it takes to get people to listen. They grew up on movies in which women act like men, but the worst types of men. Women acting like gangsters, not women who do whatever it takes to raise a family, including pleasing their spouse. And they can't handle it so they flip. And the white Karens are right, they can bring the weight of The State against you. The only saving grace is that many haven't noticed that they are way past the wall, and the further away from the wall a women is, the less they can get away with the freak out.

Last edited:

Athanasius

Pelican
Scott Greer prefers to call them AWFLs (affluent white female liberals) due to the imprecision of the meme. Most of these women tend to be liberal, but not all of them. They are just controlling women who have a vision of fairness and how they want things to be, and so they use their sexual privilege (not so much "white privilege," which is a nonsense term favored by intersectionalists) to push it. All of the married ones I've known have weak husbands who wouldn't dream of telling them to cool their jets.

Easy_C

Peacock
On racism:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the preponderance of actual racism incidents or speech actually does come from the type of nasty, virtue signaling, middle aged white woman we are discussing here.

Scott Greer prefers to call them AWFLs (affluent white female liberals) due to the imprecision of the meme. Most of these women tend to be liberal, but not all of them. They are just controlling women who have a vision of fairness and how they want things to be, and so they use their sexual privilege (not so much "white privilege," which is a nonsense term favored by intersectionalists) to push it. All of the married ones I've known have weak husbands who wouldn't dream of telling them to cool their jets.

Here's a child-Karen. She'll grow up and make us proud! (Listen to the 10 second, time segment audio)

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
We've been using the term "Karen" in Hawaii for quite some time. I myself have been a victim of Karening.

There are a few Instagram accounts that have huge followings and are usually more accurate than the actual news sources. Since these shutdowns started, these accounts have gotten bigger. These accounts frequently highlight and bring attention to island people being Karened.

Hilo Karen is very popular right now:

There are quite a few other Karen videos going around. Considering Hawaii's borders are closed right now, there are very few white folk here. The ones that remain probably feel very out of place. I can't embed it, but there is a fantastic video of a white woman walking right by the huge grocery line of island people. She tries to show the store worker a note from her doctor that says she doesn't have to wait in lines. She gets denied and throws a tantrum. It's hilarious.

Also, for years, the Hawaiian term for a male Karen is a Kyle. I have also been Kyled.

Aloha!

JayR

Woodpecker
Through operant conditioning she became more and more bold and entitled. She got rewarded for her bad behavior. Her behavior is sick and evil. She is a bully.

If you listen to the video, she screams "I'm calling 911 and I'm going to tell them that an African American man is threatening my life! Did you hear me? I'm going to tell them AN AFRICAN AMERICAN MAN IS THREATENING MY LIFE!"

It's as if she thinks these are magic words that will cause two things to happen:

1) The dispatcher taking her call will assume this is the equivalent of World War 3, and all available resources must be immediately deployed to defend her and her dog from death at the hands of the ultimate evil, an AFRICAN AMERICAN MAN.

2). The poor black guy will recognize these words to mean that every white knight on earth will soon descend upon the scene to defend her and lynch him, so he better immediately back down and flee.

The sense of entitlement is astonishing, as she did/said all this AS SHE KNEW SHE WAS BEING RECORDED.

In the end, justice was served....

She surrendered the dog she was strangling back to the shelter from which she adopted it, and she was shitcanned from her overpaid job at some investment firm, Templeton something.

I don't think a person's life should be destroyed based on few moments of bad judgment, but the schadenfreude of this Karen getting force-fed a lesson humility is just too delicious.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Basically it's the 8th panel of this comic.

QQQ0Org.jpg

Turns out that woman is apparently a liberal.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/amy-cooper-central-park-racist-dog-walker-trump-a9533581.html

This fits well. Politically correct enough to call him an 'African American', entitled enough to call the cops for nothing, stupid enough to get caught on camera while doing this and thinking nothing's gonna happen.
I'd hate to use the cuck 'democrats are the real racists' but most white liberals just use liberalism to show their status over 'deplorable' working class whites. They project all their internal hatred and prejudices, like some other groups do, onto working class whites.

As I wrote elsewhere:
it's a perfect example of a woman misusing the state's authority - if this guy was white and/or not recording it, he'd be out of a job and/or in jail and the media would not care.

It is also a good illustration of the low-level mental illness our dystopian society has created. - and remember this woman had an important job at a major investment bank and she's very obviously mentally unbalanced Think of all the decisions she and people like her make every day.... Absent of faith, stable society /family and living in a chaotic distracted nihilistic world a significant portion of the population is taking some sort of medication for anxiety or self medicating with alcohol and/or cannabis.

bucky

Ostrich
Can't say I have ever seen any of these races act in an authoritative manner and enlist the cops at the drop of a hat.
Leticia and Maria yells and screams on her own for prideful nonsense, and Bhanumati is similar but from a princess standpoint and much less physically aggressive. I don't know about the asian women.

I think of Laquisha and Consuela as the go-to equivalents of Karen for black and Latina women. Not sure for Asian and Indian.