Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

joseph15

Sparrow
After analyzing this stuff a little bit more and reading from pilots on twitter, it seems pretty evident to me that the pilot is to blame basically entirely in this situation. He was a VFR pilot (the type that relies on visuals rather than instruments) and he had to request special clearance from above to fly through unusually heavy fog on a day when nobody else was flying. Maybe it's hard to say no to kobe but man, that's part of your job. You don't risk all those lives to save an hour worth of driving for a meaningless 8th graders basketball camp. Just atrocious decision making from top to bottom.

Human error is a bitch.

https://twitter.com/Mason_T18/status/1221649529134600192?s=20

look how foggy it was.

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
Rotten said:
I hated those Lakers Teams.

Shaq came within an inch of ending Brad Miller's life on the court because he was enraged and out of control. He got a joke punishment and his team rallied around him. Kobe probably did rape that girl, who was under a huge amount of pressure from all sectors of society to just go away (she took a settlement and declined to testify, not the usual false-rape-claim fact pattern). They were a bunch of thugs, and Kobe was the killer. Even when Kobe won his titles without Shaq, they were with the help of Artest, the instigator of the fight that almost got Miller killed.

NBA basketball was pretty much unwatchable between Jordan's retirement from the Bulls and Lebron's decision to go to the Heat. Not coincidentally, these were the years where Bryant was the face of the league.

Dude... just STFU! You're clearly a Hater coming out to bask on his casket! I can guarantee you that no NBA Baller has EVER raped a Woman... EVER! NBA Rookies actually receive counseling when entering the league about how to deal with Groupies! Let that sink in for a minute! They've got GROUPIES ORIENTATION! Even the Bum warming the Bench has access to the women of his dream by snapping his fingers... and a Mega-Star like Kobe would've Raped 1 of them! Oh Please!

MajorStyles

Kingfisher
This quote from The New York Post is very telling. According to Rob Pelinka, general manager of the Lakers, Kobe was extremely brazen regarding his helicopter rides:

Kobe used a chopper to play a trick on Pelinka, the LA Times reported in 2017. Bryant had the pilot do military maneuvers on the chopper with Pelinka on board, and even turn the engine off in midair.

“My life was flashing before my eyes,” Pelinka told the newspaper. “I almost had a heart attack. Kobe’s just sitting there calm and collected.”

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
Captain Gh said:
Rotten said:

Shaq came within an inch of ending Brad Miller's life on the court because he was enraged and out of control. He got a joke punishment and his team rallied around him. Kobe probably did rape that girl, who was under a huge amount of pressure from all sectors of society to just go away (she took a settlement and declined to testify, not the usual false-rape-claim fact pattern). They were a bunch of thugs, and Kobe was the killer. Even when Kobe won his titles without Shaq, they were with the help of Artest, the instigator of the fight that almost got Miller killed.

NBA basketball was pretty much unwatchable between Jordan's retirement from the Bulls and Lebron's decision to go to the Heat. Not coincidentally, these were the years where Bryant was the face of the league.

I can guarantee you that no NBA Baller has EVER raped a Woman... EVER! NBA Rookies actually receive counseling when entering the league about how to deal with Groupies! Let that sink in for a minute! They've got GROUPIES ORIENTATION! Even the Bum warming the Bench has access to the women of his dream by snapping his fingers... and a Mega-Star like Kobe would've Raped 1 of them! Oh Please!
I'm the first one to never #BelieveHer, but let's be realistic. Some player at some point surely did. Just highly doubt it was Kobe. A. There were no shortage of available women and B. He had too much to lose to bum-rape a hotel worker.

The Wire

Kingfisher
Gold Member
911 said:
The guy who died from his first helicopter ride is a 1 in 500,000 case, he's like the guy who won a lottery jackpot. Heli pilots do rack up the hours, their occupation is considered fairly dangerous, but on par with roofers or even truck drivers, statistically speaking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...es-25-most-dangerous-jobs-america/1002500001/

I'm not sure about landing and takeoff being the bulk or near entirety of the risk of crashing. I think that's more true of fixed wing planes, the main/bigger risk of helicopter crash is actually from lower altitude flight, where you can hit something (the ground, a wire, a low-flying large bird), especially in low visibility conditions, or simply because you don't have the time and space to react to any mechanical malfuntion.

Correct, it's extremely unlikely dying on your first helicopter ride but I venture it's a lot more likely than dying on your first car ride.

My main contention with the car statistics in general because it's broadly pulling in every single scenario including a drunk 17-year-old leaving a party at 1am running into a tree.
You can greatly minimize those statistics given how you drive and what you drive (especially when you are ultra-wealthy). Using broad crash stats to determine if Kobe would be safer driving or flying doesn't work. He's ultra-wealthy and has complete control of his commute. Single-vehicle crash deaths are extremely preventable (don't speed, don't drive aggressive, don't drive under the influence) which is why run off-road crashes are most likely under 24 years old.
Multi-vehicle crashes are the main danger and some of this can be prevented by smart driving (sometimes not) but you can also minimize injuries with certain vehicles. Let me put it this way, if Kobe opted to have a qualified driver take him through LA traffic not driving aggressively using a S600 Pullman Guard which weighs 11000 pounds he would be about as safe as you could possibly be for travel and extremely comfort. Heck even a Bentley would be fine in a lot of scenarios.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Rotten said:
Rob Banks said:
wannable alpha said:
Stefan Molyneux on Kobe's death. Talks about the worship and deification of talent over morals and then the details of the rape case.

This woman met Bryant at his hotel and, after flirting with him, voluntarily agreed to go to his room. Are we supposed to believe that she thought they were just going to talk and watch TV together? There is no way in hell she was that naive.
The woman was in the hotel room because it was her job to take care of guests in the hotel.

Plus, even if she was willing to sex him within minutes of meeting him for the first time and there is no evidence that she was, that doesn't give him the right to go directly to the pooper. I think that would require a special additional consent.

Meanwhile the pressure that she was under to just go away was immense.
We weren't there & there's no way we can for sure know what happened. There are some skeezy hoes out there dude. Including ones that might even want it in the poop chute upon the first time meeting heh. Come on dude, although it's not the norm, you know they're out there. As others have pointed out, this gal was mentally unstable as well.

I just can't take the feminist side of this situation & I could care less about old basketball team rivalries. I cerainly don't want to disrespect a highly influential dead man that never killed anyone or personally wronged me. But hey, we can be men and always agree to disagree.

Peacock
Gold Member
Bottom line - I agree helicopters are on average riskier than cars, maybe on par with or safer than motorcycles, and safer than a sailboat. That doesn't mean you're playing russian roulette every time you take a chopper ride.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Captainstabbin said:
Captain Gh said:
Rotten said:

I can guarantee you that no NBA Baller has EVER raped a Woman... EVER! NBA Rookies actually receive counseling when entering the league about how to deal with Groupies! Let that sink in for a minute! They've got GROUPIES ORIENTATION! Even the Bum warming the Bench has access to the women of his dream by snapping his fingers... and a Mega-Star like Kobe would've Raped 1 of them! Oh Please!
I'm the first one to never #BelieveHer, but let's be realistic. Some player at some point surely did. Just highly doubt it was Kobe. A. There were no shortage of available women and B. He had too much to lose to bum-rape a hotel worker.
One of the things Ive learned about women over the years is they all have a "little fantasy movie" running in their head about how things are "supposed" happen and/or be. When shit doesn't follow their pre-scripted story "unhappiness" is the result.

Life as we all know rarely, if ever, unfurls exactly how we expect it to. I believe there is a direct correlation between one's ability to "roll with the punches" and contentment: aka "happiness".

Some women are just more capable of handling the deviations. Some not at all and are endlessly insufferable cunts. Its a corollary to The Happy Gene.

This chick who was 19 yo probably had a different "little fantasy movie" run up in her head when Kobe showed up at the hotel. She herself admitted to being star struck. She obviously could tell he wanted to fuck her and she obviously wanted him to as well. (C'mon...you know when they know you want to tax it and Kobe without a doubt had women throwing vagina at him daily. )

What she probably didnt expect in her little fantasy reel was to be unchanged by the event. There was probably some albeit subconscious expectation that fucking this mega star was somehow going to change her or her life. Maybe she had fantsies about being "discovered" (Cinderella syndrome)

It didn't. Coupled with the fact that he probably gave her the boot right after he got his nut: that wasnt how the movie was supposed to go either

It later came out that this girl was bipolar, and had at least two suicide attempts prior to her meeting Kobe. Sexual promiscuity is a common theme with women on the emotional disorder spectrum.

Kobe didnt rape her. What he did was ruin her "little fantasy movie" and to her that was way way worse

jcrew247

Kingfisher
Yeah, girls want that RomCom romance and if a guy is rushing or being too aggressive she will feel guilty and get angry, even if she likes the guy. I wonder if she was intimidated or felt uncomfortable being with a Tall black guy. Do you think white girls, especially in very white places like Denver, will be more likely to file charges against black guys? I wonder if she felt slut-shamed by her co-workers for going into his hotel room.

Peacock
Gold Member
If she's carrying in her the semen of two other men, I don't think slut-shaming would be a thing for her.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
911 said:
If she's carrying in her the semen of two other men, I don't think slut-shaming would be a thing for her.
Quite the contrary. The more depraved a chick is in her secret life, the more she'd want to pretend being pure and dignified in public.

In any case, the Kobe dude was probably just the same, all saintly and role-model in public, sure, but getting strange pussies on the side. Not that I have precise data on this, but, it's just that uber rich men are like that, aren't they - and I bet Kobe was no exception (he even confessed his shenanigans, through his lawyer).

It's also quite ridiculous that people who never talked to the dude, never got anything from him, never shared a drink with him, are crying. Like, the man was Mother Theresa or the Abbé Pierre, maybe? Was he Favaloro, did he invent heart-surgery? Was he Pasteur, did he invent some medication or some? Did he write a book or symphony that made your soul better? No, he just played sports, ruthlessly throwing plastic balls at suspended trashbins.

Now, I love sports, sports are great, sportsmen are interesting characters, but believe me, not one of them is worth crying for, if you're just a fan. No sportsman would shed a tear for any dead fan, keep that in mind before worshipping them. Sportsmen can occasionally be good people, but they're mostly egotistical and principally doing their stuff for money (and it's their right). In any case, 99% of professional sportsmen profoundly despise their fans, and that's a fact.

Peacock
Gold Member
I think you're projecting a bit here GS, and doing sweeping generalizations. Kobe was a devout Catholic father.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
911 said:
I think you're projecting a bit here GS, and doing sweeping generalizations. Kobe was a devout Catholic father.
A "devout Catholic" cannot and should not have two billions of dollars in a bank. "Devout Catholic Father" to increase his sponsorship commercial value (while occasionally and kinda admittedly sodomizing some slutty 19 years-old) - is not the same as a real devout Catholic father who earns normal money and strictly sleeps with his wife.

But I'm genuinely interested, can you explain how a Devout Catholic Father ends up hoarding 2 billion dollars? How does a Devout Catholic live in incredible perpetual daily luxury, travelling by helicopter, living in gold-plated castles, etc? Can you be a Devout Catholic and spend for your luxuries, 20k usd per day?

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
Sooth said:
You like quoting Matthew? Well, what about Matthew 19:24 then?

You think the Christ would have seen billionaire gold-plated Kobe, with his possee of slaves (pilots, trainers, bodyguards, cooks, cleaning ladies, agents... ), as a Devout Christian?

placer

Kingfisher
Going strong said:
what about Matthew 19:24 then?
“it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God”

Here, the “eye of the needle” was actually a narrow gateway which towns of the time had. It was possible to fit a camel through one, but it was a tight fit.

Anyway, going back to Kobe: I think people have a right to mourn someone who has died, regardless of whether they ever met the person. I mourned Steve Jobs’s passing, even though I despise Apple’s products (the walled garden approach of iPhones and iPads is very annoying for a hacker geek, and I hate how I can only legally use MacOS on inferior Apple hardware) and never met the guy.

In terms of Katelyn Kristine (the accuser), I don’t think Kobe Bryant committed rape, in the sense that I think Katelyn wanted intimate relations with Kobe. She was not expecting the kind of rough choking sex Kobe wanted (hence the bleeding and bruses, but the blood could also have been menstrual blood, with Katelyn lying about when she had her period), and she was expecting him to do something romantic for her after he finished. The experience was so bad, she ended up calling the cops within 24 hours of the encounter, although one witness (Trina McKay, the hotel’s night auditor) said that Katelyn looked and sounded OK that evening after having sex with Kobe.

The fact of the matter is this: There were only two people in that hotel room when Kobe had adulterous sex with Katelyn Kristine. One of those people is dead, and the other is too mentally ill to clearly recall the events. There was also no trial conducted to determine the facts of the situation. Considering she consented to being in the hotel room with him, touched Kobe’s penis after a brief but passionate make out session, and considering the high regard she had for Kobe, a reasonable man in Kobe’s shoes would have inferred that Katelyn Kristine wanted to have sex.

We are real gentlemen here, not SJW scum. We are not gossiping old women (That would be I Timothy 4:7, since we’re dropping scripture in this thread). We should not say or insinuate someone a rapist without iron clad proof (or a creep, or a child molester, etc.). Jeffrey Epstein liked having sex with teenage girls under 18, but there is no evidence he was a pedophile, i.e. girls under the age of puberty. Wanting sex with someone who can give you a baby nine months later is not pedophilia, as much as the SJWs try to change the definition of this word [1]. Michael Jackson: He was a weird genius, but there isn’t enough proof there to call him a pedophile, and the FBI investigated the matter and declined to press charges when he was still with us. Gary Glitter, on the other hand, is a straight up pedophile; he has been tried and found guilty.

[1] Since it has to be said, I am in no way advocating having sex with a teenager under the legal age of consent, but pedophilia it is not.

Buck Wild

Kingfisher
The day he was killed, he got up early and took his daughter to church where they received Communion. We only know this because he is deceased---in matters of family & religion he was a rather private person. It's obvious to me that his life had moved in a completely different direction after his actions in 2003. In any case, I'm going to step out on a limb and suggest that he was probably a better father/husband/man/human than any of his critics here.

RIP.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
MajorStyles said:
This quote from The New York Post is very telling. According to Rob Pelinka, general manager of the Lakers, Kobe was extremely brazen regarding his helicopter rides:

Kobe used a chopper to play a trick on Pelinka, the LA Times reported in 2017. Bryant had the pilot do military maneuvers on the chopper with Pelinka on board, and even turn the engine off in midair.

“My life was flashing before my eyes,” Pelinka told the newspaper. “I almost had a heart attack. Kobe’s just sitting there calm and collected.”
I had a pilot do that (so-called "military maneuvers") while my squad and I were in the back of a UH60, on our way to a field exercise in Korea. He flipped the bird sideways and did a dive from I don't know how high up, careening to earth - thought the bird was going to break apart. Side doors were slid open & locked in place; we were buckled in with rucksacks & all our crap on our laps, holding onto it all for dear life. Luckily nothing fell out before he leveled it off and caught it just before kissing the ground.

Motherfucker is lucky we didn't beat his ass senseless when he dropped us off at the LZ. We should have reported him up the chain - he'd have gotten a major ass chewing from his commander. That kind of shit is nothing more than stupid showing off, especially when there's a cargo of innocents along for the ride while the pilot gets his jollies impressing the one next to him up front.

Surprise, surprise, the one in the seat next to him that he was trying to impress was a female captain, a less experienced aviator newly assigned to the unit. Not sure she was impressed.

I'm going to step out on a limb and suggest that he was probably a better father/husband/man/human than any of his critics here.
I'm going to step out on a limb and say I hope he went to confession at least a few times.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
Hypno said:
wannable alpha said:
Stefan Molyneux on Kobe's death. Talks about the worship and deification of talent over morals and then the details of the rape case.

A WaPo journo got suspended for tweeting this 3-year old story and got many death threats
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-...ce-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

Another good one
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-01-26/what-happened-kobe-bryant-sexual-assault-case
If you read those artlicles with even a modicum of skepticism, which are anti-Kobe, you realize that he was falsely accused. For example, the defense established through DNA evidence that she had sex with someone else 15 hours later, yet the prosecutor was charging Bryant with a felony. Also, in interviews her credibility was very poor and her own lawyer was concerned.

So the criminal charges were dropped, and its unfair to say he's a rapist, but that doesn't stop SJW from pissing on his grave.

So these false accusations never go away, not even at death.
It's tempting to write this off as another SJW false accusation, but the circumstantial evidence was pretty strong. The major reason she bailed was as discussed in the video. Had it not been Kobe Bryant and just an average schmuck, even with expensive lawyers he'd have probably done some time. Consider the alternative - where a not-so-famous athlete gets convicted under circumstances which could more easily be argued as consensual drunk sex. He gets six months; SJWs still flip out and want to throw the judge off the bench. I can think of a case just like that.