Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
Buck Wild said:
The day he was killed, he got up early and took his daughter to church where they received Communion. We only know this because he is deceased---in matters of family & religion he was a rather private person. It's obvious to me that his life had moved in a completely different direction after his actions in 2003. In any case, I'm going to step out on a limb and suggest that he was probably a better father/husband/man/human than any of his critics here.

RIP.
I don't think he necessarily was a "better human being" than most of us here. On a (mostly) Christian forum are we supposed to take for granted that billionaire stars are "better beings" than us, just because they carefully mount their nice public show in the media?

To begin with, the smart dude kept like 2 billion dollars worth in the banks or on Wall Street, getting insanely richer by the day (Nike for example gave him 6 millions last month to do nothing)... Whereas, for example, as a moderately devout Christian, I would have given a quarter of the sum to the Church, a quarter to various right-wing politicians (from Duterte to Orban), and only kept half for me (and my friends and family).

Also, I noticed that apparently Kobe invested only in non-specifically Christian companies and shares; indeed he invested in non-productive, ugly endeavours: shiny sport clothes made in sweat shops, unhealthy sugary drinks, nefarious video games companies. Parasitic endeavours. Whereas, I for instance would have invested in agricultural lands, pharmaceutical research labs, or gun factories: positive, useful companies and endeavours.

To end with, Kobe, though branded a "Devout Christian", and being a huge star, said (unless I'm mistaken) nothing against lesbians and gay sodomites. Compare this to Margaret Court: on the Tennys Sandgren thread here, I explained that Margaret Court is indeed a Devout Christian, having sacrificed her commercial and sponsored life in order to publicly denounce the LGBT mafia.

Wheras Kobe did nothing (unless I'm mistaken). Apparently too afraid to lose his sponsors (the few remaining of them, after the "rape" scandal and the defection of McDonald's) to speak up against the current number-1 danger facing the world (lesbianism, gayness). He's not alone in this : even a man I respect and like a lot like Djokovic, is too afraid to speak up in favor of Margaret Court and against the LGBTs.

I mean, Djokovic (one of Kobe's best friends) might be a supposedly "Devout Orthodox" but he let Margaret Court suffer alone under the public insults of unhinged McEnroe and monstrous Navratilova. At least, Djokovic, as I wrote on his thread here, built a restaurant free of charge for Christian consumers, and gives money to isolated Orthodox churches, so, he's a moderately-good Christian (in spite of his fear of denouncing lesbians). But Kobe, I heard of no Conservative Christian action in which he got involved.

So, well, it's quite probable that Kobe was like Federer : just cultivating his image of global good guy, in order to increase his commercial value - which is fine by capitalistic values, but not really by Christian values... Many of us here, if we had possessed the (insane) wealth, fame and billions of Kobe, we would have given a part to the Church, built free haute-cuisine restaurants for believers, funded hospitals and spoken publicly against the lesbian/gay global mafia. Kobe or Federer, to the best of my knowledge, do or did nothing of that.

Generally speaking, they just hoard billions and sleep on their mountains of gold, these global sport stars (except the likes of Margaret Court or Gasquet) : Devout Christians they're not, they're just clever egoistic capitalists.

renotime said:
Man paints a very vivid picture of what he saw and heard.

Also just read this on NYT. He had to get special permission to fly through the fog.

The helicopter that crashed on Sunday with Kobe Bryant and eight other people on board, killing everyone, had received approval to fly even though weather conditions were worse than usual standards for flying.

The helicopter flew north from Orange County after takeoff on Sunday morning and circled near Burbank, waiting for clearance to keep going. According to audio records between the helicopter’s pilot and air traffic control at Burbank Airport, the helicopter was given what is known as Special Visual Flight Rules clearance, meaning they could proceed through Burbank’s airspace on a foggy morning in Southern California.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/sports/kobe-bryant-death.html
Sounds about right - often some celebs and powerful people sorely underestimate the dangers of flying thinking that their shit does not stink and since they have flown countless times, that a little fog won't hurt them. There have been presidents in history who regularly force pilots to land under perilous conditions in order not to miss their important date. This is likely one of those cases. Instruments in certain areas don't mean jack shit and this looks to be one of those cases - possibly that Kobe even put some pressure on the pilot, having a full crew on board and thinking that the pilot is hot shit anyway. He may very well be, but all it takes is one error of judgement.

As for Kobe's rape charges - we don't have to go into detail of why that is very unlikely and how our times are awfully slanted in propaganda and feminism even if he settled out of court. In saner times this would have been laughed out of court. It only matters to SJWs who then suddenly take glee in the death of a man who they had convicted via their rainbow hate mob.

Shit happens - this was an accident likely caused by bravado of both the passangers and likely also the pilot. Though I wouldn't blame the guy too much - chances are that he might have been fired if he hadn't begun the flight. We won't know. But I do know that pilots have been fired over those things by powerful men in the past.

Men who normally behave logically underestimate those dangers - they would never order their drivers to accelerate to 150 miles an hour when it's foggy and the road is ice-covered, but this is what they do when they order a guy to fly into a fog.

rainy

Woodpecker
You'd think there would be more respect for a man who repented, changed his ways and became a great family man and devout Catholic on a forum where the owner has recently done similar, of all places.

MajorStyles

Kingfisher
Simeon_Strangelight said:
Shit happens - this was an accident likely caused by bravado of both the passangers and likely also the pilot. Though I wouldn't blame the guy too much - chances are that he might have been fired if he hadn't begun the flight. We won't know. But I do know that pilots have been fired over those things by powerful men in the past.

Men who normally behave logically underestimate those dangers - they would never order their drivers to accelerate to 150 miles an hour when it's foggy and the road is ice-covered, but this is what they do when they order a guy to fly into a fog.
Goods points, Simeon. Let’s go ahead and pose the question(s), since they are quite plausible (although highly unpleasant for many to ask):

Did Kobe Bryant cause the death of eight innocent people? Did he order the special clearance in a dangerous situation? Did he put pressure on the pilot to make the trip?

We have three details that would affirm these questions:

1.) Bryant had previously ordered his pilots to perform dangerous maneuvers in the air
2.) Somebody asked for special clearance. This request would come from the pilot, or from a high-profile client such a Bryant
3.) Bryant was known to have a domineering personality. This was part of his professional success: i.e. pressuring his teammates to perform at a higher level

This is all speculation, of course - I could be 100% wrong. But it's worth asking in my opinion.

< I think that is the most likely scenario - some pressure certainly being applied. And I wouldn't even be so hard on Kobe - he did previous stunts before, aka - ordered his pilots to do it and it worked out fine - it didn't work out this time. But it's not different to a father of 3 who hurries back from home and thinks that he can pass those next 2 cars - when he suddenly finds out that he can't and crashes into another car killing more people with him.

It's the same when you pressure your pilot to do something risky - Kobe lived an intensive life and took many risks, likely had multiple brushes with death before, so taking one next risk isn't such a big deal.

I am sure that Kobe is sorry about it now just as the father who crashes his car killing people, sometimes also his own family had no such intention to do it. Hindsight is always superior but too late.

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
https://brobible.com/sports/article/ari-shaffir-celebrates-kobe-bryants-death/

Dude literally tweeted
“Kobe Bryant died 23 years too late today. He got away with rape because all the Hollywood liberals who attack comedy enjoy rooting for the Lakers more than they dislike rape. Big ups to the hero who forgot to gas up his chopper. I hate the Lakers. What a great day! #Fuckthelakers.”
I’m not even a sports fan much less a Kobe fan but geez, how could you not expect some blowback. It was a bad joke at best and just plain malicious at worst. He said he got hacked but also posted a video gloating about the Kobe’s death on his Instagram. Not too surprising though, dude seems like a total POS and got blasted for drugging his friend on Joe Rohan’s podcast. I wonder how Joe will react to his comments.

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Going strong said:
Generally speaking, they just hoard billions and sleep on their mountains of gold, these global sport stars (except the likes of Margaret Court or Gasquet) : Devout Christians they're not, they're just clever egoistic capitalists.
Egoistic indeed.

Do you donate half of your earnings?

This is devastating, I would say Kobe is a Mount Rushmore player, up there with bird, magic, mj, and lbj. It's frustrating that the extremely wealthy suffer from accidents like this with advancements in aerospace technologies. I heard that visibility was poor but you would think having the latest technologies might have prevented this from happening. Rip Kobe.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
renotime said:

Also just read this on NYT. He had to get special permission to fly through the fog.

The helicopter that crashed on Sunday with Kobe Bryant and eight other people on board, killing everyone, had received approval to fly even though weather conditions were worse than usual standards for flying.

The helicopter flew north from Orange County after takeoff on Sunday morning and circled near Burbank, waiting for clearance to keep going. According to audio records between the helicopter’s pilot and air traffic control at Burbank Airport, the helicopter was given what is known as Special Visual Flight Rules clearance, meaning they could proceed through Burbank’s airspace on a foggy morning in Southern California.
Sounds about right - often some celebs and powerful people sorely underestimate the dangers of flying thinking that their shit does not stink and since they have flown countless times, that a little fog won't hurt them. There have been presidents in history who regularly force pilots to land under perilous conditions in order not to miss their important date. This is likely one of those cases. Instruments in certain areas don't mean jack shit and this looks to be one of those cases - possibly that Kobe even put some pressure on the pilot, having a full crew on board and thinking that the pilot is hot shit anyway. He may very well be, but all it takes is one error of judgement.

As for Kobe's rape charges - we don't have to go into detail of why that is very unlikely and how our times are awfully slanted in propaganda and feminism even if he settled out of court. In saner times this would have been laughed out of court. It only matters to SJWs who then suddenly take glee in the death of a man who they had convicted via their rainbow hate mob.

The rape case didn't happen in the days of SJW, it happened in 2003.

The pilot, Ara Zobayan had over 8000 hours of flight time without any accidents. According to friends he was very professional and had a great safety record. To say that Kobe forced the pilot to fly a certain way is highly speculative. And it'd be pretty dumb for an experienced pilot to listen to a guy with zero experience.

Bray said Zobayan was “very by-the-book.” She recalled Zobayan telling her how he, albeit in a bit of a joking way, once reprimanded Bryant for showing up to his ride late.

“He doesn’t take any chances,” she said.
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/01/...m-as-a-skilled-pilot-with-passion-for-flying/

Kobe's former pilot refuses to speculate in this video and only tells us what he knows.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
BlastbeatCasanova said:
https://brobible.com/sports/article/ari-shaffir-celebrates-kobe-bryants-death/

Dude literally tweeted
“Kobe Bryant died 23 years too late today. He got away with rape because all the Hollywood liberals who attack comedy enjoy rooting for the Lakers more than they dislike rape. Big ups to the hero who forgot to gas up his chopper. I hate the Lakers. What a great day! #Fuckthelakers.”
I’m not even a sports fan much less a Kobe fan but geez, how could you not expect some blowback. It was a bad joke at best and just plain malicious at worst. He said he got hacked but also posted a video gloating about the Kobe’s death on his Instagram. Not too surprising though, dude seems like a total POS and got blasted for drugging his friend on Joe Rohan’s podcast. I wonder how Joe will react to his comments.
Ari Shaffir is a disgusting ((()))

Shout outs to the good, noble tribesmen out there that will break bread with Christians but Ari is the type of scum that gives the tribe a bad name.

Worthless hack.

Repo

Hummingbird
MajorStyles said:

Goods points, Simeon. Let’s go ahead and pose the question(s), since they are quite plausible (although highly unpleasant for many to ask):

Did Kobe Bryant cause the death of eight innocent people? Did he order the special clearance in a dangerous situation? Did he put pressure on the pilot to make the trip?

We have three details that would affirm these questions:

1.) Bryant had previously ordered his pilots to perform dangerous maneuvers in the air
2.) Somebody asked for special clearance. This request would come from the pilot, or from a high-profile client such a Bryant
3.) Bryant was known to have a domineering personality. This was part of his professional success: i.e. pressuring his teammates to perform at a higher level

This is all speculation, of course - I could be 100% wrong. But it's worth asking in my opinion.
Worth asking who? Their all dead. Geez.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
renotime said:

The rape case didn't happen in the days of SJW, it happened in 2003.

The pilot, Ara Zobayan had over 8000 hours of flight time without any accidents. According to friends he was very professional and had a great safety record. To say that Kobe forced the pilot to fly a certain way is highly speculative. And it'd be pretty dumb for an experienced pilot to listen to a guy with zero experience.

Bray said Zobayan was “very by-the-book.” She recalled Zobayan telling her how he, albeit in a bit of a joking way, once reprimanded Bryant for showing up to his ride late.

“He doesn’t take any chances,” she said.
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/01/...m-as-a-skilled-pilot-with-passion-for-flying/

Kobe's former pilot refuses to speculate in this video and only tells us what he knows.

< No idea whether he actually raped her, but to her detriment - she admitted to willingly having kissed him, then reported to not have wanted to go further.

2013 isn't the first time false allegations have happened. The case looks better for the woman for sure, but not that much better. It's certainly not a slam-dunk false rape accusation case of Mike Tyson where the girl admitted to have went to his room, pulled down her panties and she even had a previous false rape case against her which was not allowed to be discussed in court.

Kobe paid her off and obviously she did preferred to take the big cheque instead of pressing for justice - whatever that was. The charges were also lowered to sexual assault it seems. The injuries are also rather minor and possibly that he was too big for her and did not want to stop once he started. Now this gets a bit more tricky going back. There were also no further cases since 2003 and he paid her off well. I would say to let it be bygone and in some instances I wouldn't mind people to be able to pay themselves out of a prison stint. This was also a case that isn't that much slam-dunk. Besides - false rape allegations just increased, but were always around - even back before the 1930s - they were just suing the men for false marriage proposals.

Oh - and the pilot normally going by the book is one thing, but on that day he certainly did not go by the book as he was the one who demanded to be able to fly. Sure - he was likely pressured to do so, but not wanting to lose a job/disappoint an important client - that was part of his job - not only flying.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
AneroidOcean said:
Going strong said:
Egoistic indeed.

Do you donate half of your earnings?
I most certainly don't, and won't anytime soon. But I'm not touted and don't sell myself as a "role-model Devout Christian", now, am I? If I were, I would feel compel to give half of my earnings, sure.

Matter of fact, even without being a Devout Christian, if I had 2 billions in the bank or Wall Street like Kobe, I'd give away huge chunks of it, certainly, which he did not. I'd give hundreds of millions to medical research, pro-gun lobbies, pro-life politicians and dignified religious leaders, and probably keep hardly one billion for my family and I.

I'm not saying that Kobe was under any obligation to give massive money to Christian endeavours, or to courageously speak against Lgbt (and much respect once again to Margaret Court, the only real sport hero here). But, as he gave (apparently) precious little, he was therefore no "role-model Devout Christian". Just a regular intelligent capitalist entrepreneur cultivating his public image and relations (Djokovic even said that Kobe taught him all about carefully building a nice commercial image).

In any case, if you're over 15, you should not worship a sportsman or cry in case of his (unfortunate) death. You absolutely can admire and respect sport stars (like I do with Djokovic or Sandgren or Court or Connors or El Pipa or Riquelme), but please, don't worship them. They're just very talented, hard-working but ruthless, people who entertain us but do this strictly for their personal financial gain.

Let me repeat this, if I might: All big sportsmen are in this for the money, to ensure a life of immense luxury for them and their families. We can respect them as hard-working professionals and entertainers, but to love them is exaggerated. Also, do note that, in general, they consider us fans to be like the De Niro character in the sport movie, "The Fan". We fans are awkward and a bit ridiculous, in their billionaire eyes, don't forget that.

Don't be that guy!

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
< No idea whether he actually raped her, but to her detriment - she admitted to willingly having kissed him, then reported to not have wanted to go further.

2013 isn't the first time false allegations have happened. The case looks better for the woman for sure, but not that much better. It's certainly not a slam-dunk false rape accusation case of Mike Tyson where the girl admitted to have went to his room, pulled down her panties and she even had a previous false rape case against her which was not allowed to be discussed in court.

Kobe paid her off and obviously she did preferred to take the big cheque instead of pressing for justice - whatever that was. The charges were also lowered to sexual assault it seems. The injuries are also rather minor and possibly that he was too big for her and did not want to stop once he started. Now this gets a bit more tricky going back. There were also no further cases since 2003 and he paid her off well. I would say to let it be bygone and in some instances I wouldn't mind people to be able to pay themselves out of a prison stint. This was also a case that isn't that much slam-dunk. Besides - false rape allegations just increased, but were always around - even back before the 1930s - they were just suing the men for false marriage proposals.

Oh - and the pilot normally going by the book is one thing, but on that day he certainly did not go by the book as he was the one who demanded to be able to fly. Sure - he was likely pressured to do so, but not wanting to lose a job/disappoint an important client - that was part of his job - not only flying.
I'm merely pointing out that it was 2003, back before SJWs existed. This was when girls were mostly normal and not all on prescription drugs.

As far as pilot being pressured, we have no idea if that happened, but he pilot didn't demand to be able to fly. He requested special permission to fly by sight in worse than normal visibility when he was already in the air. After he made the request he hovered until it was granted. It's not like he was berating ATC into giving into his demands. That is clear on the audio communications.

I'm not a pilot and I'm guessing you aren't either, so it's an arm chair quarterback thing to question the actions of a guy with 8200 flight hours. It's kind of like when Stephen A Smith talks about MMA.

Have to agree with GS - people having strong emotions about an athlete's death are weird. I've also seen a few people in this thread get triggered by criticism of Kobe, it's fucking weird. The dude made money by shooting balls through a hoop. This is a culture desperately in need of better heroes.