Kyle Rittenhouse case

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
This argument could be applied to any armed rebellion/revolution in history.
Exactly.
So what does your correct observation tell us about all these militias, even those that did their actions in His name - even though His written word commands otherwise? Reason it out to the logical conclusion, SpaceShredder - you're already half-way there.

I’m not sure things would have turned out well for humanity if grown men didn’t fight for what they believe in. No Protestant Reformation, no stopping the spread of Islam into Western Europe, no American Revolution, and probably no Christianity at all.
The first century Christians made it without any armed rebellion; why would the hand of God be cut short in the centuries following?
If our God is so weak that we have to form earthly 'Christian' militias to fight in His behalf/protect ourselves, then that would make our God and religion just as pathetic and worthless as the religion of Islam and the non-existent god allah whom they serve.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
No one is asking YOU to do anything.

Retreat into your shell while you can. Pray you never are confronted with the evil on your doorstep. What is the Christian Directive? to do nothing. To refuse to do good when you have the opportunity?

We don't know what influence this kid, now a young man, had in his life before that night. But it looks like his father (who lived in Kenosha) raised a pretty articulate, courageous, and good person supposing he had influence in his life. I have 5 kids. All boys. I wouldn't want any of them doing what he did. But I know that I would be proud of them for acting the way that he did. I would hope that I would shelter them from that, but having been in the military and seen a few things, I also know there is a certain need for experiences that young men must seek out to realize their sense of self. (Good or bad)

Again, tell me where he did anything that is not inline with Christianity? He showed up after being asked, to help people, in his community... he provided aide to people who got injured... and when attacked by multiple assailants he defended himself.

When you are involved in killing you have remorse. Unless you're a sociopath. It is pretty clear the kid has been raised with a Christian outloook by his actions. ITs pretty clear he has PTSD for what he's been through. Unless you are going to say that every person who's served in the military and had to take a life because of the circumstances of the moment (even as the Church has many Saints who are Military members/have killed) are inherently un Christian due to what they had to deal with circumstantially.
I was responding to @thejoyofhate , where he had used "you" in addressing me with a question; hence why part of my post (which you have chosen to focus on) used the first-person "I" in a portion of the reply.

I have used the Bible to back my 'sermon', while you keep refusing to address those scriptures. Given your background, I understand why this may be a stumbling block for you to accept. But be careful in how you are attempting to rebuke what I have already posted - in conveniently dodging the scriptural evidence I am using to support my viewpoint, it is not my words that you are actually resisting.

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Third round of posts and a thread derailment is developing, of which I'm clearly contributing to. Out of respect for the actual intended subject matter of the OP ('the trial'), my comments will go only as far as this one.

I will conclude with this - Would the following hypothetical scenario ever have occured among the first century Christians?

"The brothers over in Iconium are having some big persecution trouble from the Jewish leaders and we've just received a letter from them asking for our help. We're now getting a few of our boys together to go assist. Make sure all the brothers from our congregation here in Lystra remember to bring their swords for the trip, as we're expecting trouble once we get there."

Ponder on this^, gentlemen, please; you will find the answer if you want to.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Orthodox
I was responding to @thejoyofhate , where he had used "you" in addressing me with a question; hence why part of my post (which you have chosen to focus on) used the first-person "I" in a portion of the reply.

I have used the Bible to back my 'sermon', while you keep refusing to address those scriptures. Given your background, I understand why this may be a stumbling block for you to accept. But be careful in how you are attempting to rebuke what I have already posted - in conveniently dodging the scriptural evidence I am using to support my viewpoint, it is not my words that you are actually resisting.
You didn't address my comment about military Saints, so I'm not going to get into a scriptural debate with someone on the internet. There are ways to take The Word and make it into Whatever you want it to mean whole obfuscating The Truth for legalistic purposes.

God bless you, and I wish you well... But
as far as i see it... this is internet commando from a person who is voyeuristically condemning someone for a situation they have NEVER been in as though you have some insight to pass judgement.

I stand by my comment. We need more Kyle Rittenhouses in our community. We need more Kyle Rittenhouses who will come into Holy Orthodoxy. We need more Kyle Rittenhouses who will stand by the courage of their conviction to help their community. Do i literally mean Kyle Rittenhouse? No. I mean young men who are willing to stand up for a good cause and protect their community.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
that would make our God and religion just as pathetic and worthless as the religion of Islam and the non-existent god allah whom they serve.

Be careful writing this above, as, even though many Christians contend that Muslims do not worship God, the same God ("you can't know the Father if you reject the Son"), Muslims themselves believe that they worship the same God as Christians. So if you insult their god, whom they say is our God, you might very well commit a sin.

As to your thing about "God can destroy our enemies Himself, why should we create an army to fight in His name", well, God might very well want us to defeat Evil. In His name, but, ourselves. He can't do everything for us all the time.

BarrontheTigercat

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Kyle's college career is in jeopardy. Like I said before, there is nothing he can do to change how the left views him because they do not believe in mercy, forgiveness or second chances.

Called it.

he will never have a normal life again.

He doesn't have to make Nick Sandmann money off the back of this.

He needs to make "become a living question mark and disappear" money.

At a certain level of wealth it won't matter what people think of him or what he does. he will have bought anonymity.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
Called it.

he will never have a normal life again.

He doesn't have to make Nick Sandmann money off the back of this.

He needs to make "become a living question mark and disappear" money.

At a certain level of wealth it won't matter what people think of him or what he does. he will have bought anonymity.

Lawsuits and he'll presumably get a book deal. He seems like a good kid who doesn't necessarily want a lifetime in the public eye and I hope he's able to live as normal of a life as possible.

He also has the Fox News contributor/edgy podcast host/gun manufacturer shill route open to him and that would likely ensure his financial security and a certain degree of physical safety but I don't get the sense he would necessarily want to go in that direction unless he doesn't have any other choice, so I hope he doesn't have to resort to it (think Dan Bongino--nothing against that as I'm a huge fan, but Bongino clearly enjoys it and on the other hand I just don't get the sense it's what Kyle wants from his life).

He would've made a great 68W or FMF corpsman but I can't imagine that's an option now.

JohnKreese

Pelican
Catholic
Kyle's college career is in jeopardy. Like I said before, there is nothing he can do to change how the left views him because they do not believe in mercy, forgiveness or second chances.

This is literally what/who is chasing Kyle out of Arizona State

asu-256.png

Should anyone be even mildly surprised?

Gimlet

Kingfisher
It's not about Kyle, it's about the university system and forcing them to heel and cancel someone in service of zog. The mob goes away if the organization they try to control does not heel. See Aaron Rogers and his State Farm contract. See Rogan and Spotify. See Chappelle and Netflix. The mob slinks away defeated when told NO to their demands. Kyle will be forgotten within weeks if ASU says NO.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian

He could likely sue. He was found not guilty in a court of law. ASU is stuck with him and his thousands of dollars for overpriced university tuition.

Tradcatholic

Robin
Catholic
For starters, Kyle did not know one of the men was a pedophile (that was found out later) so that "appeal to emotion" argument can't be used.
Secondly, yes, I would have told him to stay home. We can shelter/hide our fellow believers, but organizing little militias to effect systemic change is not the Christian directive.
Third, no one has addressed the scriptural passages I have directly referenced. Why is this?

We must also remember that these "communities" are suffering from the system they have created. It is not my responsibility to save them from themselves. I take no pride in "community", neither do I identify or align myself with any secular institution.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ - 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
You could argue that it would have been more prudent for him to stay at home that night. That part of the case is murky to me; I'd be more inclined to believe that it's good that there are courageous, self-sacrificing young men out there willing to put their safety on the line to protect property when everyone else is sheltering at home. But okay, maybe the argument could be made that it was a bit reckless of him to go out that night.

It doesn't follow, however, that he wasn't acting in self-defense, without malice, when he killed and injured those men.

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Oligarchs and their media shills have decided trial by jury and freedom of movement have to go - they don’t want any more “wrong” verdicts like in the Rittenhouse trial to emerge.

They’ve really decided that all traces of democracy, liberty and human rights (except for their woke parrots and pets) are passé:

If Kyle Rittenhouse didn’t break the law, we should change the law”

Last edited:

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant
So Kyle is having the AR-15 used in the shooting destroyed. However, the Gun Owners of America were going to award him another last month. Did he accept that one?

KoolDoon

Banned
Protestant
I saw his Kirk interview yesterday on the killstream. I will never downplay what Kyle went through, but him being a con inc shill is really disappointing and he comes across as one, the things he says and how he says them is just terrible.

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I saw his Kirk interview yesterday on the killstream. I will never downplay what Kyle went through, but him being a con inc shill is really disappointing and he comes across as one, the things he says and how he says them is just terrible.

Unfortunately I have to agree. He and his mom are being controlled by deep-state shill David Hancock who is creating a lot of division in conservative circles.

Journalist Gordon Rose goes into it quite a bit here.