Kyle Rittenhouse case

Easy_C

Peacock
I found this one on LinkedIN from Pollard. It's relevant for reasons that should be obvious:
In litigation, lots of people lie. Plaintiffs lie. Defendants lie. Individuals lie. Companies lie. Your client might be lying. Or the other side might be lying. There are liars everywhere. It's par for the course.

Over the past decade, I have litigated hundreds of cases. And I have seen countless lies ranging from little lies to big ones--- absolute whoppers.

I've had a Fortune 500 company swear up and down that there was no video evidence. Then had a whistleblower reach out to me and confirm that there WAS video but that the company intentionally destroyed it. You think corporate America tells the truth and plays by the rules? Nonsense.

The latest and greatest: In one of my (many) cases, the other side called me a liar and said that my clients must have fabricated certain emails. They swore up and down that they never sent those emails.

Well, I didn't just crawl in here out of the cotton fields and this isn't my first rodeo. What do you think I'm going to do in a situation like this? Freak out? Drop the case? Just take their word that we're liars? When there's millions of dollars at issue? No way.

We ran it down. We got all the forensic data. We got IP addresses. We plotted those addresses on the map. And - SURPRISE, SURPRISE - the IP address from the messages at issue all hit within a couple hundred feet of the company's headquarters. Coincidence? I say no way.

The big lie is a standard corporate defense tactic. When a corporate defendant is caught in something really ugly, that increases the odds of a big lie defense.

When that happens to you, don't get shook. Don't give up. But, by the same token, don't operate on blind faith. Do your homework. Do your own investigation. Get to the bottom of it.

Most attorneys will never admit it, but here's the right approach to litigation: Assume everyone is lying and that you have to find the truth.