Ladies Forum Guidelines & Introduction thread

stugatz

Pelican
Thank you!
Yes, I am currently an atheist but I want to learn more about Christianity and the Bible. I am currently about half way through the Old Testament. I read a little bit whenever I get the chance.
And yes, I am happy to be in this community now. I was a lurker for a few months :squintlol:
Did you return to your Roman Catholic faith or did you pick a different denomination?
Hey, you at least aren't an anti-theist, that's a start. If you made it through Leviticus, you can probably read the whole Bible without a problem. (That third book usually is where people quit. Sadly, I haven't read the whole thing yet myself.)

Yes, I'm definitely attracted to the idea. What stops me many times is how much worse the world is getting in some ways and if my family or future descendants will face persecution/censorship/imprisonment/etc. for being different and thinking differently. I guess having faith in that they would be ok is the answer really!
Life is pain, and there will always be hardships that make having a family hard in this life. But the beautiful thing is that life thrives regardless if you choose to be someone who fosters life. Every breath is a gift.

honey flame

Pigeon
Woman
Hey, you at least aren't an anti-theist, that's a start. If you made it through Leviticus, you can probably read the whole Bible without a problem. (That third book usually is where people quit. Sadly, I haven't read the whole thing yet myself.)
I'm glad I'm not an anti-theist also! A lot of well known atheists I feel not only promote atheism but also anti-theism, which personally, I just could never become a follower of.
I read the Bible in whole a few years ago but it was more of a quick read just to introduce myself to the entirety of the Bible. This is the second round I'm reading it but this time, I am reading it more with a careful eye.

stugatz

Pelican
I'm glad I'm not an anti-theist also! A lot of well known atheists I feel not only promote atheism but also anti-theism, which personally, I just could never become a follower of.
I read the Bible in whole a few years ago but it was more of a quick read just to introduce myself to the entirety of the Bible. This is the second round I'm reading it but this time, I am reading it more with a careful eye.
Any particular translation? There are dozens (I like the Douay-Rhiems, but grew up with and am most comfortable with the original King James).

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
Did you return to your Roman Catholic faith or did you pick a different denomination?

Appreciate my Catholic upbringing as a way to raise me as a Christian for 20 years, and I accept Jesus Christ as my Saviour. As for practicing Catholicism within a church/fellowship our family does not - for many reasons. However, everyday we praise and thank our Creator for all our blessings through our prayers, bible reading, and conversations about Jesus.

Catholicism, to me, has become a man-made religion disregarding traditional values. I do not accept the Pope, nor the purpose of the Pope.

I do not see Christianity as a religion, but rather a way of life and commitment to the truth.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I strongly recommend the book "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

OutlawJustice

Sparrow
Woman
Yes, I'm definitely attracted to the idea. What stops me many times is how much worse the world is getting in some ways and if my family or future descendants will face persecution/censorship/imprisonment/etc. for being different and thinking differently. I guess having faith in that they would be ok is the answer really!
I'd like to affirm something for you. You are stronger than you think.
Remember throughout history, women were having babies during wars, famine, the great depression.
(P.S. Don't take the shot. It's a sterilant.)

honey flame

Pigeon
Woman
I'd like to affirm something for you. You are stronger than you think.
Remember throughout history, women were having babies during wars, famine, the great depression.
(P.S. Don't take the shot. It's a sterilant.)
Thank you for that! And I am going to stall (hopefully permanently haha) taking the vaccine. I have an allergy and I hope that I could use it as a medical exemption.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Thank you for that! And I am going to stall (hopefully permanently haha) taking the vaccine. I have an allergy and I hope that I could use it as a medical exemption.

That’s the explanation I’m currently going with. Just say you get a severe anaphylactic reaction to vaccines. It’s valid and has been documented as something that has happened to lots of people. I say that I have had that happen before with a flu shot and don’t want to risk it happening again with the Covid vaccine.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Douay-Rhiems is the best known Catholic Bible, but as it predates the King James version, it's a challenging read.
I’m due for a Bible read-through, I haven’t done so since I was a teenager. I’m going to go with King James probably. Any tips on how to approach the read? I’ve heard you’re not really supposed to read straight through cover to cover, but begin with certain books and skip around.

stugatz

Pelican
I’m due for a Bible read-through, I haven’t done so since I was a teenager. I’m going to go with King James probably. Any tips on how to approach the read? I’ve heard you’re not really supposed to read straight through cover to cover, but begin with certain books and skip around.
I actually haven’t finished it myself. I began with Exodus (Moses escaping slavery) and the canonical gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John).

Catholic Bibles have a few more books, Orthodox Bibles have even more than that. My King James has the extra Catholic books in an “Apocrypha” section.

honey flame

Pigeon
Woman
That’s the explanation I’m currently going with. Just say you get a severe anaphylactic reaction to vaccines. It’s valid and has been documented as something that has happened to lots of people. I say that I have had that happen before with a flu shot and don’t want to risk it happening again with the Covid vaccine.
Wouldn't you need proof of having anaphylaxis before? I doubt they would just take your word for it.

Shwhite

Pigeon
Woman
I lost count how many men have told me their parents urged them not to marry young, even when they married young themselves. The problem is if you don't marry "young", you can fall for a lot of traps and end up not marrying at all. Even my own mom gave me this advice (she married at 26). I wonder if it's some sort of projection from people who fell for the "grass is greener" meme.
I think it's better to marry young if you can help it, especially when it comes to having kids. You'd want to preferably have kids when you're still young enough to be able to chase them around and play with them without totally getting tuckered out.

My mom got married when she was 20, and she considered that being an old maid at her age compared to her sister that got married at 18! The older we get, the more we get set in our ways. And marriage is partly about learning from each other and teaching each other. It feels like the older couples I've seen getting married tend to butt heads more.

ally

Pigeon
Woman
Hello sisters! I'm Ally, 17 years old. The reason why I am here is I'm expecting that I'll be able to know more of my nature and the men's nature. I want to understand both, since I was really planning to marry early. (I really hope) A year ago, or let's just say months ago, I was still in this mindset of a 'career-woman', I wanted to be a lawyer, but by grace of the Lord my eyes opened and I'm now looking forward to do the right path for womanhood. I've been manipulated by the ideologies of our degenerate modern society. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn from my fellow sisters on how to be a good wife, and a good mother. To my fellow brothers, hoping, I'll learn some tips from you by reading your testimonies and stories about your family and wives, how to discern a good man to marry. I actually like a man, he's very masculine, and also a Christian, he's one of the main reason why I knew Roosh, and the things that I know now, he helped a lot. Too bad, he's not attracted to me. And also, I think, my baby fever grew stronger,

Anyways, I'm also a protestant, but I'm highly considering turning into an Orthodox Christian, it's just too bad that Orthodoxy isn't very much known in our country, and there's just about 5 Orthodox churches and even far in my household, which is really making me sad, hopefully I'll be able to attend the physical church soon.