Ladies Forum Guidelines & Introduction thread

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Hello sisters! I'm Ally, 17 years old. The reason why I am here is I'm expecting that I'll be able to know more of my nature and the men's nature. I want to understand both, since I was really planning to marry early. (I really hope) A year ago, or let's just say months ago, I was still in this mindset of a 'career-woman', I wanted to be a lawyer, but by grace of the Lord my eyes opened and I'm now looking forward to do the right path for womanhood. I've been manipulated by the ideologies of our degenerate modern society. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn from my fellow sisters on how to be a good wife, and a good mother. To my fellow brothers, hoping, I'll learn some tips from you by reading your testimonies and stories about your family and wives, how to discern a good man to marry. I actually like a man, he's very masculine, and also a Christian, he's one of the main reason why I knew Roosh, and the things that I know now, he helped a lot. Too bad, he's not attracted to me. And also, I think, my baby fever grew stronger,

Anyways, I'm also a protestant, but I'm highly considering turning into an Orthodox Christian, it's just too bad that Orthodoxy isn't very much known in our country, and there's just about 5 Orthodox churches and even far in my household, which is really making me sad, hopefully I'll be able to attend the physical church soon.
Welcome ally :) When you mention, you "knew Roosh", do you mean personally or from social media? In my social circle we don't use that term unless it's personal. We use "know of".

ally

Pigeon
Woman
Welcome ally :) When you mention, you "knew Roosh", do you mean personally or from social media? In my social circle we don't use that term unless it's personal. We use "know of".
Thanks for letting me know, sister. I'll put that into consideration next time, but yes, just on social media. :)

P. Montclair

Chicken
Woman
I'm P.

I'm a young aspiring homemaker here for self-improvement tips, and to be around like-minded conservative religious women.

Sometimes I sing, sometimes I draw, but most of the time I'm reading.

I like to study 'eccentric' ideas like: Flat-Earth theories, Sovereign Citizens, Police Auditors, Child Protective Service corruption, anti-vax, evidence for mythical creatures, etc.

I enjoy mathematics, and look forward to, hopefully, homeschooling my children utilizing all the math tips I've learned over the years. (I've got a tip for counting by 8's and 9's if anybody is interested, it's easier than you think)

I'm currently learning to sew using vintage sewing patterns and internet tips. I love vintage sewing patterns. (Don't even get me started on the wedding dresses!)

If I had a bucket list, chasing a tornado would definitely be on it.

One of my pet peeves are when people talk trash about New Jersey. Other than the Capitol city and the high cost of living, all other criticisms of New Jersey that I've heard seem to be an overexaggeration at best, and stereotypes at worst. Especially when compared to other states. (But don't think I'm going to actually be triggered by criticism of NJ, I just really love that little state.)

And lastly, my favorite Bible verse is Heb 10:27
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. (KJV)

Thanks.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm P.

I'm a young aspiring homemaker here for self-improvement tips, and to be around like-minded conservative religious women.

I like to study 'eccentric' ideas like: Flat-Earth theories, Sovereign Citizens, Police Auditors, Child Protective Service corruption, anti-vax, evidence for mythical creatures, etc.

I enjoy mathematics, and look forward to, hopefully, homeschooling my children utilizing all the math tips I've learned over the years. (I've got a tip for counting by 8's and 9's if anybody is interested, it's easier than you think)

I'm currently learning to sew using vintage sewing patterns and internet tips. I love vintage sewing patterns. (Don't even get me started on the wedding dresses!)

One of my pet peeves are when people talk trash about New Jersey. Other than the Capitol city and the high cost of living, all other criticisms of New Jersey that I've heard seem to be an overexaggeration at best, and stereotypes at worst. Especially when compared to other states. (But don't think I'm going to actually be triggered by criticism of NJ, I just really love that little state.)

For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. (KJV)

Thanks.
Welcome! I won't talk trash about New Jersey, haha. I've never been there.

Tornado chasing; nope, nope, nope. My bucket list includes staying very, very far from all tornadoes. :)

I do homeschool my kids and am happy to give advice, whether on threads or in PMs.

Enjoy the forum!

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm P.

Thanks.

Hi, and welcome!
Let me know if you ever need pattern or sewing tips. I’ve been a trained seamstress/tailor and pattern maker for many years. At some point I can dig out some of my vintage patterns from storage and see about how to share them with you here!

catholicmom

Sparrow
Woman
Welcome! I'm one of the Ladies Forum resident conspiracy theorists (also summoning @Kitty Tantrum). Please be my friend. :laughter:
I understand if this is too personal of a question for the forum. Do you plan on raising your children undocumented? This idea is thrown around a lot in some of my birth groups. It would be something I would consider if, say, the COVID gene therapy jab became mandatory with no exceptions, if the Beast System were to be put into full force, etc...in that case, I don't think I would want to register any of my future children with the state. But for the time being, I don't think the benefits outweigh the costs.
If this derails the thread too much, I'd be happy to start another thread on it.

P. Montclair

Chicken
Woman
Welcome! I'm one of the Ladies Forum resident conspiracy theorists (also summoning @Kitty Tantrum). Please be my friend. :laughter:
I understand if this is too personal of a question for the forum. Do you plan on raising your children undocumented? This idea is thrown around a lot in some of my birth groups. It would be something I would consider if, say, the COVID gene therapy jab became mandatory with no exceptions, if the Beast System were to be put into full force, etc...in that case, I don't think I would want to register any of my future children with the state. But for the time being, I don't think the benefits outweigh the costs.
If this derails the thread too much, I'd be happy to start another thread on it.

I'd love to be friends!

There's a lot more studying I have to do before I can be confident in my belief, but, yes, I am leaning toward undocumentation for my children.

With mandatory vaccinations swiftly creeping up on the American people, and a rising number of Child Rights activists who believe that people should be tested before government can grant them the right to have children (read the comments of any news story where parents were abusing their children, and you'll see many people who naively agree with this), as well as the sodomite agenda to promote trangenderism to children without the consent of the parents - or in direct contrast to the parents authority over their own children, I do think somwthing needs to be done to protect children from Daddy Government.

A older man that I know who wanted to raise his children without SS but didn't, said to me, "You do have rights in America, you just have to fight for them". Which is my biggest hesitation. To go against the grain and become fluent in legalese so my children

P. Montclair

Chicken
Woman
Sorry, I accidently clicked reply before I was done.

To go against the grain and become fluent in legalese just so my children can get jobs and drivers liscenses seems really intimidating.

I'm unmarried and childless, so there's not a sense of urgency in me, but it's always good to be prepared. If you have any further information on the topic, I'd love to hear it.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Hi P! Welcome

... I like to study 'eccentric' ideas like: Flat-Earth theories, Sovereign Citizens, Police Auditors, Child Protective Service corruption, anti-vax, evidence for mythical creatures, etc.

I enjoy mathematics ...
Me too lol! CPS corruption is very real and I also am interested in the evidence of mythical creatures. I also enjoy math though I never progressed beyond calculus 1 given that I changed my major at the time.

Having children but not documenting them is really interesting and I think would make for a great thread topic.

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
Hello!!

I'm somewhat nervous to make a post given that this forum seems like people know each other & the possibility of getting banned seems more present than on other sites. I'm a 23 year old Byzantine Catholic. I started to look into Catholicism & Orthodoxy when I was 20. I had been going to a Presbyterian Church at the time, but I met a 31-year-old ByzCath man who ended up converting me & really bringing me towards Christ in a radical way. Two and a half years later, I go to Church every single day, have an active prayer life, and will likely (God willing) get married before I turn 24.

I'm working until I have children. It's a necessity right now since I'm single & have to support myself. When not at work or Church, I'm usually reading. I have a pretty big private collection of books, and am working my way through the Western Canon so that I can provide my kids with a classical education one day. Currently I'm taking a little break from old books to read American Pilgrim. Just finished Chapter 6!!

I don't really know what else to post, so here are my icons, along with my stuffed bear I got a little kid & a heart that my boyfriend won me at a fair:
20210321_153648 (1).jpg

I hope to get to know some of you!!

P. Montclair

Chicken
Woman
Hi, and welcome!
Let me know if you ever need pattern or sewing tips. I’ve been a trained seamstress/tailor and pattern maker for many years. At some point I can dig out some of my vintage patterns from storage and see about how to share them with you here!

I would really love to incorporate the old-fashioned feminine collars into a modern style clothing. Have you ever sewed collars like these?
I hope they're not too blurry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-014152_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-014152_Chrome.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210322-014139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-014139_Chrome.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210322-014530_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-014530_Chrome.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 6

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I would really love to incorporate the old-fashioned feminine collars into a modern style clothing. Have you ever sewed collars like these?
I hope they're not too blurry.
The Butterick and Simplicity ones look pretty straight forward. Very elegant and wouldn’t be too difficult. The ones in your other screen shot are pretty interesting and complex. I especially like the third lady, second row with the super pleated collar. That would be a fun one to do!

Stefani

Chicken
Woman
Hello there, I'm a married, muslim woman living in Canada. I read Lady and Game as book recommendations, and since there aren't many forums out there for women to participate with other women, I thought it would be nice to check this one out.

I've been studying intergender dynamics for about a year, and since understanding more about the relationship dynamic between men and women, I've grown to love and appreciate my husband even more. We were separated, but have since reconciled when I realized how insidious feminist thought had infiltrated my mindset - and I was never a feminist, but more of a supporter of traditional gender roles.

I hope to learn from everyone here, as many of the women I know are Christian, and it's a relief to have a common ground of modesty and respect for ourselves and the opposite gender.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
The Butterick and Simplicity ones look pretty straight forward. Very elegant and wouldn’t be too difficult. The ones in your other screen shot are pretty interesting and complex. I especially like the third lady, second row with the super pleated collar. That would be a fun one to do!

@P. Montclair : you and @Leeloo should create a thread - this would be very helpful too see other woman create cloths. We have a sewing machine that needs to be used too; and what an inspiration this would be!

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Hello!!

I'm somewhat nervous to make a post given that this forum seems like people know each other & the possibility of getting banned seems more present than on other sites. I'm a 23 year old Byzantine Catholic. I started to look into Catholicism & Orthodoxy when I was 20. I had been going to a Presbyterian Church at the time, but I met a 31-year-old ByzCath man who ended up converting me & really bringing me towards Christ in a radical way. Two and a half years later, I go to Church every single day, have an active prayer life, and will likely (God willing) get married before I turn 24.

I'm working until I have children. It's a necessity right now since I'm single & have to support myself. When not at work or Church, I'm usually reading. I have a pretty big private collection of books, and am working my way through the Western Canon so that I can provide my kids with a classical education one day. Currently I'm taking a little break from old books to read American Pilgrim. Just finished Chapter 6!!

I don't really know what else to post, so here are my icons, along with my stuffed bear I got a little kid & a heart that my boyfriend won me at a fair:
View attachment 29858

I hope to get to know some of you!!
Can you describe for us your icons? Very beautiful.

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
Can you describe for us your icons? Very beautiful.
I second this, I am looking at getting some more icons. You have such a beautiful collection.
Above the frame of my bed is Christ, and below that are the pre-Christian philosophers (Socrates, Solon, Aristotle, Plato, Pythagoras, Thucydides, Homer and Apollonius), who help to teach but are later completed in Saint Paul and Saint Justin the Philosopher (pictured in center with halos).

On the wall to the side of my bed, going down from the top, and then left to right on each row.
Top Row: icon of Chris creating the heavens and earth.
Second Row: Noah's Ark.
Third Row: Sts. Cyril and Methodius (gave the Slavs language), Sts. Peter and Paul, Theotokos with child, a Byzantine cross, Christ, Melchizidek, and the archangels.
Fourth Row: Elias riding his chariot of fire, St. Mary Magdalene, Theotokos with child, Transfiguration beneath her, St. John the Forerunner and St. Gregory Palamas.
Fifth Row: St. John Chrysostom, St. Macrina, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. Nicholas.

Quite a few are gifts, but I got most of them from Holy Transfiguration Monastery (an Old Calendarist one in MA). They have a massive online store where most icons are only $30.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Above the frame of my bed is Christ, and below that are the pre-Christian philosophers (Socrates, Solon, Aristotle, Plato, Pythagoras, Thucydides, Homer and Apollonius), who help to teach but are later completed in Saint Paul and Saint Justin the Philosopher (pictured in center with halos).

On the wall to the side of my bed, going down from the top, and then left to right on each row.
Top Row: icon of Chris creating the heavens and earth.
Second Row: Noah's Ark.
Third Row: Sts. Cyril and Methodius (gave the Slavs language), Sts. Peter and Paul, Theotokos with child, a Byzantine cross, Christ, Melchizidek, and the archangels.
Fourth Row: Elias riding his chariot of fire, St. Mary Magdalene, Theotokos with child, Transfiguration beneath her, St. John the Forerunner and St. Gregory Palamas.
Fifth Row: St. John Chrysostom, St. Macrina, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. Nicholas.

Quite a few are gifts, but I got most of them from Holy Transfiguration Monastery (an Old Calendarist one in MA). They have a massive online store where most icons are only $30.
Beautiful icons! However, i must add that my priest told us not to buy icons from this monastery because they are schismatic. They are not under an Orthodox jurisdiction, although they claim to be Orthodox. Good places to buy Orthodox icons are Uncut Mountain Supply, Legacy Icons, ancient faith, and any monastery that is actually Orthodox.

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
I'm Eastern Catholic so if I bought icons from a regular Orthodox monastery, I'd be buying from schismatics. In the end, I figure that if someone is genuinely trying their best to be a good Christian, that's something that I can encourage in a limited capacity.

Last edited: