Ladies Forum Guidelines & Introduction thread

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Hello!!

I'm somewhat nervous to make a post given that this forum seems like people know each other & the possibility of getting banned seems more present than on other sites. I'm a 23 year old Byzantine Catholic. I started to look into Catholicism & Orthodoxy when I was 20. I had been going to a Presbyterian Church at the time, but I met a 31-year-old ByzCath man who ended up converting me & really bringing me towards Christ in a radical way. Two and a half years later, I go to Church every single day, have an active prayer life, and will likely (God willing) get married before I turn 24.

I'm working until I have children. It's a necessity right now since I'm single & have to support myself. When not at work or Church, I'm usually reading. I have a pretty big private collection of books, and am working my way through the Western Canon so that I can provide my kids with a classical education one day. Currently I'm taking a little break from old books to read American Pilgrim. Just finished Chapter 6!!

I don't really know what else to post, so here are my icons, along with my stuffed bear I got a little kid & a heart that my boyfriend won me at a fair:
View attachment 29858

I hope to get to know some of you!!

Hi Byz, please don’t feel intimidated here! The Ladies forum has only been open since November I think, so we are all still just beginning to get to know each other, really. It’s a great group with great topics that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll fit right in in no time. Welcome!

Aslog1

Chicken
Woman
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on this site for a while.

Like many of us, I'm a former feminist and I've now turned to Christ.

I'm 26 and still single but I want to be a wife and mother so badly! I'd been seduced by the "career woman" trope and
spent most of my time since 15 years old working constantly, so I have sadly missed out on building good friendships or
even a social circle.

I live in NSW, Australia and it seems like I'm surrounded by liberals and leftist, so it seems almost impossible to build friendships
with redpilled women, let alone find a husband.

I'm rediscovering my femininity and I love it! I've even started to like doing dished, lol (something about the cleaning a order speaks to me).

So happy to be here to learn from you ladies!

Aslog1

Chicken
Woman
Hello Ladies, recently discovered this forum and took an interest. I am in my mid-twenties, Christian and married with children. Hoping to connect with like minded individuals, as well as engage in many enlightening conversations.
Hi Debra, forgive me for being forward. But can I ask your advice? I'm 26 and single and I want to get married to a good man and have children. But I can't seem to find a good man. I live in a very liberal place and my family are leftist and sometimes it seems like I'll never marry. So do you have any advice on meeting and keeping a good man?

DelMarMisty

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on this site for a while.

Like many of us, I'm a former feminist and I've now turned to Christ.

I'm 26 and still single but I want to be a wife and mother so badly! I'd been seduced by the "career woman" trope and
spent most of my time since 15 years old working constantly, so I have sadly missed out on building good friendships or
even a social circle.

I live in NSW, Australia and it seems like I'm surrounded by liberals and leftist, so it seems almost impossible to build friendships
with redpilled women, let alone find a husband.

I'm rediscovering my femininity and I love it! I've even started to like doing dished, lol (something about the cleaning a order speaks to me).

So happy to be here to learn from you ladies!
Welcome! I also live in Australia! I didn't think NSW was full of leftists too?

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I'm older too. Single mom. I have an 11 year old girl. She is being exposed to way too much for my comfort level. But I am our breadwinner, and I work. We are looking to move to where I can afford a home and have some animals and raise her closer to nature and my values. In the process of that now.
God bless you, I was just thinking today about how difficult it would be to be a single parent and raise a child in this climate.

Selena

Chicken
Woman
Hello everyone!

I've "lurked" around this Forum for a while, but never had the courage to participate. Since there's a place for women now, I decided to say hello and leave a little intro of myself.

I'm Selena, 20 yo (almost turning 21), a practicing Christian, and I'm engaged to be married soon (hopefully by the end of summer). As you can imagine, my mind is filled with plans, hopes and fears for the future. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

God bless!

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Hello everyone!

I've "lurked" around this Forum for a while, but never had the courage to participate. Since there's a place for women now, I decided to say hello and leave a little intro of myself.

I'm Selena, 20 yo (almost turning 21), a practicing Christian, and I'm engaged to be married soon (hopefully by the end of summer). As you can imagine, my mind is filled with plans, hopes and fears for the future. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

God bless!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and marriage! Keep us posted, I love hearing about weddings and plans. There’s a thread or two with some tips if you haven’t checked them out yet.
Welcome!

Selena

Chicken
Woman
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and marriage! Keep us posted, I love hearing about weddings and plans. There’s a thread or two with some tips if you haven’t checked them out yet.
Welcome!
Thank you so much, Leeloo. I promise I'll try to participate more from now on. My wedding will be a very modest cerimony, with just our immediate family and a few friends. I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Genevieve

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
Hello, I'm 35, married for almost 9 years. Husband and I are both Orthodox Christians. I've been following Roosh's work for a while now, admittedly at first it was out of sheer curiosity after coming across him in the sphere, but later as I started exploring Orthodoxy I began to follow him more closely after his subsequent return to it. I was initially red-pilled about 10 or more years ago as I had a very skeptical mind and was drawn to "conspiracy theories". My first trip down the rabbit hole was in regards to health and the healthcare system after my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. I've been questioning and researching ever since on a wide range of topics including marriage and family, fertility, tradition, philosophy, theology, history, personal finance, genealogy, morality, home economics, biology, chemistry, etiquette and much more. I can assuredly say that I am where I am today in part because I persisted in asking the proverbial question: "Why"? I guess you could say I always had an affinity for truth and love. I always tried to live by the Golden rule.

I enjoy many feminine activities such as interior decorating, cooking and baking, antique furniture refurbishing (hubby does the hard stuff), holistic nutrition, being outdoors, health and wellness, going to the farmer's market, reading, homemaking, gardening, etc. We live in a small town and have a simple life. I've always had a love for vintage things such as furniture, buildings, movies, art, fashion, etc.

I'm a fairly private person and although I have much more to tell, I think that's enough for now until I break out of my shell. I would love to meet other Orthodox Christians and Traditional Catholics and discuss happenings in the culture war as it can get lonely at times.

God bless.

Shedlight11

Sparrow
Woman
Hello,

I am new here. I am 24 years old. I am not married and do not have any children. I was raised Catholic,but never truly understood the depth of faith. It was not until a health issue (trusting doctors for answers) and the insanity with the pandemic that brought me closer to the Lord's light and truth. I am still fairly new on my faith journey and understanding God's love for his children, but I could not be happier in the process.

I love cooking and baking. Health is super important to me as well. I am trying to learn how to garden too! I have dreams to live in an off-grid type of scenario. One where I can homeschool my future children and live off the land with family and as little government/pharma interference as humanly possible (God-willing of course)!

Currently work in the public school system and I find it to be extremely conflicting towards my faith, but that's a story for another day.

All of the corruption, evil and wicked in the world going on (because there is SO much of it) brought me to God and in that I could not be more grateful.

Also very thankful for finding this community of like minded individuals.

Looking forward to chatting.

God bless you all!

-C;)

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Currently work in the public school system and I find it to be extremely conflicting towards my faith, but that's a story for another day.

God bless you all!

-C;)
I also work in a public school system, and I understand exactly what you mean. Future thread possibility for sure...

jessmt

Chicken
Woman
Hello everyone, I'm Jess. I'm a 30year old resident, married to a surgeon. We are long distance because of training. I feel very sad recently because I had the incorrect idea that my long residency would just be a continuation of my extended schooling where everyone would do their work, be professional, friendly, and supportive, socialize occasionally as work/study/research and family time permitted. Unfortunately, these residency years have been toxic and isolating and I still have two more to go. Before I started, the two senior female residents accused ---this is a male-dominated specialty--accused another senior female resident of adultery with one of our attendings (she supports a certain politician) and this past fall, one of the women (who does not even know who Thomas Sowell is!) again stirred the pot. She tried to get one of her co-residents kicked out his coming fellowship at an elite hospital for "racism and misogyny". This is not true and certainly not a nuanced portrait of his man. I am ambivalent about politics/established powers but suspect this largely stemmed from political differences where she hates him as he is a quiet supporter of a certain (former?) politician. In this climate, being labelled as a misogynist or racist would not only have terminated his fellowship but would have made any job search prohibitively difficult--he is a married father who has worked hard to achieve board certification, etc. etc. I feel sad, lonely and also confused. Perhaps I was too un-savvy despite reading broadly about human nature. This has impacted me badly as my personality type thrives in collegial social environments. I have a hard time focusing and spend a lot of time in bed. My partner works >80hr/week, but there are not many people to socialize with in such a toxic work setting. I try to pray for God's help everyday to get me back to center, productivity, etc. I hope I can make some friends. I too hope to work in a setting that could provide a "normal", healthy quality of life if the grid were to fail (garden, composting toilet, etc.).