Ladies Forum Guidelines & Introduction thread

Mancipium Mariae

Sparrow
Woman
Hey I'm Eliza, brand new member.
I'm a recent convert to the Catholic Church and I'm a hardcore traditionalist. I'm 22 years old and single, and I don't know what God has planned for my future as far as marriage goes. I am discerning religious life and I visited a traditional Benedictine convent about a month ago which I loved, but strongly felt I didn't belong there. The wise old nuns told me I was always welcome to visit, but that I would need to wait before they would allow me to enter as a postulant because I have only been Catholic for just over a year. But as much as I loved that particular house, I couldn't shake the feeling that God did not want me there at all. It was strong.
I was brought into the church last April at a Novus Ordo parish but I am strongly considering transferring my membership to the Society of St. Pius X in Florida (I live in GA) since they asked me to replace their soprano in their Gregorian chant choir. I only attend the Tridentine Mass now, as I recently got to a point where I could no longer attend a Novus.
I am a musician and I teach private lessons for a living, flute, violin, piano, and guitar. I also run Gregorian chant workshops and sing Latin masses usually a couple times a week plus feast days. Life is good since my conversion, but I am unsure about God's plan for my future. I don't know if it is marriage or religious life, but the religious life route is currently closed for me so alas I must wait and see what my mission is. As of now, I still live with my parents and we have chickens and bunnies and I take care of them. I enjoy manual labor in addition to music, so every now and then I work on a pig farm with my sister. I suppose my dream, if I am not called to enter a convent, is to live on a farm or small homestead, married with children if God should will it. I would love to teach in a homeschool environment too, hopefully I can do that soon in Florida if I end up moving there. All in God's time of course

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
I'm a recent convert to the Catholic Church and I'm a hardcore traditionalist. I'm 22 years old and single, and I don't know what God has planned for my future as far as marriage goes. I am discerning religious life and I visited a traditional Benedictine convent about a month ago which I loved, but strongly felt I didn't belong there. The wise old nuns told me I was always welcome to visit, but that I would need to wait before they would allow me to enter as a postulant because I have only been Catholic for just over a year. But as much as I loved that particular house, I couldn't shake the feeling that God did not want me there at all. It was strong.
I was brought into the church last April at a Novus Ordo parish but I am strongly considering transferring my membership to the Society of St. Pius X in Florida (I live in GA) since they asked me to replace their soprano in their Gregorian chant choir. I only attend the Tridentine Mass now, as I recently got to a point where I could no longer attend a Novus.
I am a musician and I teach private lessons for a living, flute, violin, piano, and guitar. I also run Gregorian chant workshops and sing Latin masses usually a couple times a week plus feast days. Life is good since my conversion, but I am unsure about God's plan for my future. I don't know if it is marriage or religious life, but the religious life route is currently closed for me so alas I must wait and see what my mission is. As of now, I still live with my parents and we have chickens and bunnies and I take care of them. I enjoy manual labor in addition to music, so every now and then I work on a pig farm with my sister. I suppose my dream, if I am not called to enter a convent, is to live on a farm or small homestead, married with children if God should will it. I would love to teach in a homeschool environment too, hopefully I can do that soon in Florida if I end up moving there. All in God's time of course
Eliza, welcome to our friendly Ladies forum!

You are indeed living a blessed life, I see.
I believe all areas of life is religious, so whatever or wherever God has you presently is His will, as long as you do it to His glory, He will direct your future.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Blessings!

Mancipium Mariae

Sparrow
Woman
Eliza, welcome to our friendly Ladies forum!

You are indeed living a blessed life, I see.
I believe all areas of life is religious, so whatever or wherever God has you presently is His will, as long as you do it to His glory, He will direct your future.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Blessings!
Thank you! I think you're right. When I say "religious life" I mean very specifically the call to a religious vocation as a consecrated soul in monastic life. But you're certainly right, the Christian life, regardless of vocation is "religious life" in the general sense

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
Hi Eliza,
Welcome!!
I'm from Georgia as well, and will be moving back there at the end of June. Before moving out to the West Coast for a year, I also attended a non-Novus Ordo Church there, that I plan to begin attending again once I'm back.
I understand the confusion with discernment. I deeply desire to be married and raise children, but my Spiritual Father and a long-term friend who is currently in seminary both think that I really really ought to consider becoming a nun instead. This video has put a lot of stuff into perspective for me and I've come back to it often during the past year. I'd recommend that you watch it as well if you feel confused. The nun in it was 29 when the video came out, so she's around our age.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Good afternoon -

I've been lurking on the forum but never joined. But I have questions that I would like to ask, so I have finally decided to sign up and take part! I am married with 3 teenagers, consider myself orthodox for the past 3 years but not been baptised yet. Originally from USA but now live in Scotland.
Welcome!

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Yes I will consider that. I just don't want the males to subconsciously post in order to seek approval from women.
Since I don't have the privilege to "Like" your post, here it is:
"Are we gossiping women, speculating on why two people are dating?

This topic isn't suitable for the forum."

LIKED :blush:

DanielaEverheart

Sparrow
Woman
No wonder I'd love to visit Georgia the next time I'm in the U.S.!! *sigh*. All of the U.S. South really.

Welcome Eliza! I really hope God continues to Bless you on your journey.