Ladies lounge (women only)

AdorationoftheCross

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
Hope you guys get pregnant! Seafood and fish eggs are the best fertility boosters. Getting enough nutrients from organ meats is good too. Lots of traditional cultures ate them for health.

IconWriter

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Gold Member

Attachments

• AS.jpg
    AS.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 6

IconWriter

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Gold Member
Are you familiar with Mother Olga of Alaska? She is to be canonized soon as a saint and died not long ago. She was the wife of an Orthodox priest, cared for the Alaskan ladies who were pregnant, and assisted in giving birth. There are already miracles attributed to her, such as appearing and helping someone who didn't realize who she was until later. We can ask for her prayers.

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
There is a movie playing next weekend.
It is about a Greek monastery, on Mt. Athos, where women are not allowed.Screenshot_20220922-163640_Chrome~2.jpg

It's strange I can choose to go to this, being a woman and all.

Mixed thoughts on whether I should go. I will see several parishioners of one of the Orthodox churches I once attended.

Last edited:

PineTreeFarmer

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
There is a movie playing next weekend.
It is about a Greek monastery, on Mt. Athos, where women are not allowed.View attachment 48554

It's strange I can choose to go to this, being a woman and all.

Mixed thoughts on whether I should go. I will see several parishioners of one of the Orthodox churches I once attended.
There's a free documentary that's about an hour long on YouTube in pieces about Mt Athos. I think my curiosity would get the better of me and I would have to go!

They have what they say is the only female ROCOR monastery in in US in North Georgia, and I am extremely curious. Maybe when it cools off a little!

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
There's a free documentary that's about an hour long on YouTube in pieces about Mt Athos. I think my curiosity would get the better of me and I would have to go!

They have what they say is the only female ROCOR monastery in in US in North Georgia, and I am extremely curious. Maybe when it cools off a little!
oh yes, I think you mentioned this before. I'll look it up https://www.motga.org/
this might be it....I'll look up the docu on youtube too

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
oh yes, I think you mentioned this before. I'll look it up https://www.motga.org/
this might be it....I'll look up the docu on youtube too
I won't go see that film.
I feel like being more responsible and choosing to give these Mt. Athos men more privacy and respect.
There was a post on another forum that went something like this..."we want our own space, no girls allowed, like the little rascals, you remember that show? they had a clubhouse for just the boys."
This is an extreme example; in no way compares to a holy and reverent island like Mt. Athos, save for the fact there's only men there.

That poster was right, I had never really thought about how it was a need and a right for men to have their own space, separate from women.
I thought I was so sanctimonious because I was honest I was female(not pretending to be a male poster)
Soon after, I left that forum, they had helped me and taught me and I had encouraged and admired and shown gratitude.

How could I go see this movie about private life on Mt. Athos and not give anything back to those men?

PineTreeFarmer

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
I won't go see that film.
I feel like being more responsible and choosing to give these Mt. Athos men more privacy and respect.
There was a post on another forum that went something like this..."we want our own space, no girls allowed, like the little rascals, you remember that show? they had a clubhouse for just the boys."
This is an extreme example; in no way compares to a holy and reverent island like Mt. Athos, save for the fact there's only men there.

That poster was right, I had never really thought about how it was a need and a right for men to have their own space, separate from women.
I thought I was so sanctimonious because I was honest I was female(not pretending to be a male poster)
Soon after, I left that forum, they had helped me and taught me and I had encouraged and admired and shown gratitude.

How could I go see this movie about private life on Mt. Athos and not give anything back to those men?
Idk. I haven't ever tried to pretend to be something I wasn't, I don't think? I like being a woman, for the most part, save the nature bits that dictate so much of my lifestyle.

Early in his journey, Roosh posted a video in Russian (I believe) of some mountain fathers living their day-to-day life and I watched the whole thing. It was interesting! I wish I remembered what it was. I would share it with you! The monastery was a little dilapidated, so I guess I would really just be curious to see what a really well funded mountain monastery looks like! I really like Byzantine art.

IconWriter

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Gold Member
I'm sure the monks would not have allowed the video or a movie to be filmed without permission. We can support them with donations and prayer. They pray for all of us constantly.

Women have their own monasteries. I see no problem with the separation. We know that we women are a distraction.

God knew what He was doing; only the men were priests. It's something the Orthodox Church continues and I'm thankful for that.

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
Idk. I haven't ever tried to pretend to be something I wasn't, I don't think? I like being a woman, for the most part, save the nature bits that dictate so much of my lifestyle.

Early in his journey, Roosh posted a video in Russian (I believe) of some mountain fathers living their day-to-day life and I watched the whole thing. It was interesting! I wish I remembered what it was. I would share it with you! The monastery was a little dilapidated, so I guess I would really just be curious to see what a really well funded mountain monastery looks like! I really like Byzantine art.
hmmm, I don't know of Roosh's early journey except for what I had read on that other forum with one or two linked articles.

I actually thought he was someone I had messaged with before.
It was another. So I don't know of his early journey.
Exposure: I think I read the idea on women taking responsibility for not isolating with men on private property to avoid rape writing piece and his touching eulogy article but then I discounted the rest as I believed a pua could not resist lying still.

After I thought the entity messaging me was roosh, I took more interest as it felt like reading someone I knew instead of another lying pua.

Its hilarious to me that my folly allowed a door to open to a wealth of good info and good writing. Too funny.

I still have this habit of writing as if it were only me rereading, I'm sorry. I write that I'm thinking of going to that film and it is because I need to think of why the thought of going doesn't seem right. Maybe you could have seen right away what my thoughts couldn't put into words yet(did that take me 2 days?)

I don't want to see the inside of an all male monastery now, thanks anyways.

I like Byzantine art too.

Last edited:

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
I'm sure the monks would not have allowed the video or a movie to be filmed without permission. We can support them with donations and prayer. They pray for all of us constantly.

Women have their own monasteries. I see no problem with the separation. We know that we women are a distraction.

God knew what He was doing; only the men were priests. It's something the Orthodox Church continues and I'm thankful for that.
Good points and I pray that these monks were compensated and I can only guess that there were several there who were against being filmed, being observed from the outside world. All of a sudden they are thrust into this world. They are now Of this world.

I have learned about projection and I will write that I own there's something deeper that bothers me about this.

I attended an all girls religious high school for 3 out of 5 years and there was a variety of scenarios where I felt taken advantage of or intruded upon for lack of better phrases. We did alot of community service, alot of work outside school hours and being the only high school like this in a city of over 400k we attracted alot of unusual attention that I still feel angry? that I endured. It was at this time I stopped attendance at my old church.
I want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all monks/sisters for praying for me. The prayers are working, thank you!

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
The Ten Commandment that I'm working the hardest on is "Thou shall not bear false witness"

When reading up on confession, there's guidance on what each Commandment means and how you are following or breaking it. This audit before confession builds a sheet of sins you can become contrite about and ask for forgiveness.

When wondering how to follow the Ten Commandments, first research confession and how to confess.

PineTreeFarmer

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
The Ten Commandment that I'm working the hardest on is "Thou shall not bear false witness"

When reading up on confession, there's guidance on what each Commandment means and how you are following or breaking it. This audit before confession builds a sheet of sins you can become contrite about and ask for forgiveness.

When wondering how to follow the Ten Commandments, first research confession and how to confess.
lol Protestants don't have confession! I have often thought about how Confession must be very cathartic!

I am working through idolatry with my kids.

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
lol Protestants don't have confession! I have often thought about how Confession must be very cathartic!

I am working through idolatry with my kids.
Good one to work on with your kids.

I'm sorry I am not interested in Protestantism my online friend, although my maternal grandfather was at one time Protestant. Also I just learned the late queen was anglican protestant-that must be what the Church of England is?

PineTreeFarmer

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Good one to work on with your kids.

I'm sorry I am not interested in Protestantism my online friend, although my maternal grandfather was at one time Protestant. Also I just learned the late queen was anglican protestant-that must be what the Church of England is?
My great grandma's church is probably better than none at all! All the Catholic churches here are Hispanic, and there is no Orthodoxy in the South. At least, not close enough to make it feasible.
I heard a man in Fr Josiah's zoom this afternoon from E Tennessee who was in a church hoping to change they're presbytery to Orthodoxy, and a guy from the KY WV line who had converted. It's kind of amazing to see the growth of Orthodoxy among my blue eyed neighbors! The protestant churches here are ... dyed in the wool. If anyone wants something new they have to transfer or build new.

christie2

Woodpecker
Woman
Non-Christian
Orthodox confession is different from the Catholic confession and it is much, much more than the 10 Commandments. If you wish to read further there are excellent sources out there. Here is just one on the preparation, and some of the questions you ask yourself: https://www.stgeorgehermitage.org/guideforholyconfession
Thank you for this link, it does go into more detail. I am not Catholic.
What I share on this forum is the influences I've had in studying Orthodox faith and I must gently but sternly insist the Ten Commandments are to be followed and if we are weak we must look at the Commandments and what we are succeeding and failing at before confession.
To not include this review before confession is suspicious. The more I read of those veering from the Ten Commandments, the stronger I follow them so any discouragement to not keep looking at the Ten Commandments doesn't work with me.

I'm glad I got exposed to more indepth work to do via this link, thank you