Latest UK lunacy

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
And this is our so-called Conservatives:

NEW - No more international travel for 12 to 15-year-olds without the NHS "COVID Pass," UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid proclaims.
Hopefully this is just temporary. I wonder when we can finally get back to normal.

Valentine

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
Another stroke of genius from the mayor of our capital:

Arresting for cannabis is a waste of police resources though. If it was heroin sure, but cannabis has some actual health benefits and even less potential harm than alcohol. It should be legalised and taxed, but decriminalisation is an important first step.

However the rest of class Bs are opioids and stimulants, I can't see a good reason for asking them more available.

Easy_C

Peacock
Here's one idle thought:

Maybe the particular ferocity of COVID/Great Reset/Immigration stuff directed against the UK has something to do with the globalist managers holding a grudge against the British people for very visibly and prominently snubbing the entire "globalist" vision by voting for BREXIT.

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox
Arresting for cannabis is a waste of police resources though. If it was heroin sure, but cannabis has some actual health benefits and even less potential harm than alcohol. It should be legalised and taxed, but decriminalisation is an important first step.

Absolute boomer tier nonsense.

Under estimating the malign affects of cannabis has been one of the main drivers to today's social and spiritual malaise.

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
Absolute boomer tier nonsense.

Under estimating the malign affects of cannabis has been one of the main drivers to today's social and spiritual malaise.
Actually, he is 100% right.

Law enforcement does not have infinite resources. Nonsense crimes like cannabis use suck up so much resources. Resources that could be spent on murders, rapes, organised crime, terrorism, serious drugs.

On top of that, if you legalise cannabis use, you can use it for medical purposes, and tax it just like alcohol and tobacco.

If you want to ban cannabis, you have to ban alcohol and tobacco, both are much more dangerous narcotics, unless you are a hypocrite.

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox
Actually, he is 100% right.

Law enforcement does not have infinite resources. Nonsense crimes like cannabis use suck up so much resources. Resources that could be spent on murders, rapes, organised crime, terrorism, serious drugs.

On top of that, if you legalise cannabis use, you can use it for medical purposes, and tax it just like alcohol and tobacco.

If you want to ban cannabis, you have to ban alcohol and tobacco, both are much more dangerous narcotics, unless you are a hypocrite.

There's a thread on cannabis, if you want to debate it, take it there.

Far more cohesive posters than i have refuted this.

Suffice to say i disagree emphatically.