Latvia... all clear, or lockdown horizon?...

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
Hi,

I'm planning to travel overland from Minsk to Tallinn via Vilnius next week.

I don't want to get stuck in Tallinn though, and plan to return to Minsk after a few days.

Has anyone heard/seen any CV rumblings that could lead to a border closure there?

Case spikes, mandatory masks, local lockdowns... any of the usual bullshit?

paninaro

Kingfisher
The Baltic states were in a "bubble" but that's ending as cases spiked recently.

You may need to quarantine when arriving to Tallinn: https://estonianworld.com/life/peop...ries-will-have-to-self-isolate-for-two-weeks/

and you may need to quarantine when arriving in Riga from Tallinn also:

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
The Baltic states were in a "bubble" but that's ending....
Thanks.

You're referring to these reports that say now you must quarantine when crossing the border...

Or you have heard/read that they plan to close the border entirely?

(For sure I expect they will at some point)

paninaro

Kingfisher
Thanks.

You're referring to these reports that say now you must quarantine when crossing the border...

Or you have heard/read that they plan to close the border entirely?

(For sure I expect they will at some point)
The bubble allowed free movement within the Baltic states without any quarantine. They all had low enough rates and strict entry controls so they could limit the entry from abroad.

But then it crept in as Balts were going on vacation in Spain and other places and bringing it back. I think they had to self-quarantine but weren't always doing so.

I think the new thing is they will be putting up some border controls between the Baltic states, to be able limit crossing and determine who needs to quarantine.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
Thanks...

The bubble allowed free movement within the Baltic states without any quarantine. They all had low enough rates and strict entry controls so they could limit the entry from abroad.

But then it crept in as Balts were going on vacation in Spain and other places and bringing it back. I think they had to self-quarantine but weren't always doing so.

I think the new thing is they will be putting up some border controls between the Baltic states, to be able limit crossing and determine who needs to quarantine.
Thanks...

But you do know it's all bullshit anyway, right?