Leaving the USA based on election

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

Pelican
A huge clusterfuck that seems to put my life in serious, immediate danger can always change things, but my plan is staying in the US. The only places that are safer in the world are either closed off to people moving there or are just doing the same thing on a slower schedule / benefiting from being kinda irrelevant countries (being honest, not mean) that haven't gotten the full subversion treatment yet. I could do just as well moving to a more remote area of the US, which is my plan.

JiggyLordJr

Woodpecker
Singapore is great - it consistently ranks as one of the best places to raise children.

If Trump loses, I’ll probably bug out to Europe. Have second citizenship in a stable country and a game plan for when things go haywire in the US. I refuse to stay on a sinking ship, even if my family decides to stay put. The future waits for no one, and my future children wait for me.

A true warrior picks his battles wisely.

This thread is a DUPE.

Plus, the other thread has 8 pages of commentary from many long-gone members with interesting insight based on the 2016 situation. Many of the core variables of 2016 are still the same in 2020.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
I hear a lot of guys wanting to leave the country. Or go move to the middle of nowhere.
This greatly underestimates the need for strong social ties wherever you currently are, and overestimates the value of trying to guess the best location.

The most important thing right now is to have people you can count on whereever you are.
Moving abroad, moving to Idaho.. it's not going to work for anyone honestly. I won't consider moving anywhere I don't know anyone.
It's not worth it.

There are a few cities where you may not want to be (NYC, Chicago, LA), but for the most part you could move to a suburb and be fine.

It's just a huge guessing game, and it makes the assumption that wherever you go, you'll be able to level up your social connections quickly. And not to mention the financial cost of getting out of dodge. Are you going to shave years off your financial wellbeing to move to Europe?

Just think about that first.

And I won't even go into detail about the American guys trying to move to China. Are you kidding me?

bucky

Pelican
A huge clusterfuck that seems to put my life in serious, immediate danger can always change things, but my plan is staying in the US. The only places that are safer in the world are either closed off to people moving there or are just doing the same thing on a slower schedule / benefiting from being kinda irrelevant countries (being honest, not mean) that haven't gotten the full subversion treatment yet. I could do just as well moving to a more remote area of the US, which is my plan.
I had occasion to drive about an hour away from the big blue Democrat-controlled city where I live a few weeks ago. My city has been devastated by BLM and antifa over the last few months and as a white heterosexual man I avoid downtown. Out an hour away you see American flags and Trump-Pence banners everywhere and no one wears a mask. Needless to say, everyone is white. I imagine if I were to go two hours from my city it really would be a different world, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.