Let's praise our men!

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
We all know how much toxicity is out there towards husbands and men in general. Let's take a moment, if you wish to join me, in praising our husbands or significant fellas; or, if you're unattached, tell us some things about your dad, grandpa, brother, etc. that you love and appreciate! I'll start.

My husband is funny; patient; hard-working; knowledgeable; handsome; an involved dad; generous; loves God; loves conservative values. I was raised with a dad who was family-centered; hard-working; kind; generous; and selfless.

How about you ladies?

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
My husband is a true gem! He has always been kind, respectful, hard working and generous. He is a wonderful dad. I recently had surgery and couldn't do much. My guy took care of me, the house, the kids, the dogs, both of our business and prepared our family for long haul move. I thank god everyday for bring him into my life.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I thank the Lord daily for my hubby. He worked revolving shift work for decades to provide us with a secure living. He‘s naturally compassionate and merciful without being a soy boy. He strikes the perfect balance between understanding and boundaries. I have nothing but respect for him. He‘s a believer, and has always been conservative. He cherishes me and I adore him.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
My husband brought me 6 “no reason” roses this morning. He rarely does this and it was very sweet. I’m making him homemade gnocchi today in return. I am very thankful to have this honest , hard working, self-secure man in my life!

esli

Chicken
Woman
My father is a very hard working man, he was always working and on the road until late, to provide for us as a family. He has always put his family first. He is a happy, peaceful and just an allround awesome father, a solid rock in my life. He was very sick last year, so we were afraid of losing him, thankfully all is well now. This thread inspired me to write him a postcard expressing my gratitude, thank you.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm really grateful for my dad, too! Plenty of questionable life choices under his belt, but he raised me with my eyes wiiide open. No "red pills" needed. And when I was little, he'd often buy me the dresses my mother said were too impractical! Love my dad.

My brothers are also some of the best men I know. I'm incredibly blessed to have them. My big brother and I are only about a year and a half apart, and we were pretty much inseparable best friends growing up. My younger brother and I are a few years apart, so we didn't really start catching up as peers until a few years ago - when we did I found out he's a lot like the male version of me, which is usually pretty great, and even when we have squabbles it's usually just funny. There is absolutely nothing like having good brothers.

And of course, my husband. I could probably sing his praises all day long. He is genuinely exceptional. Absolute breath of fresh air in this gay hell we call a society. He is very handsome, and very manly. Loyal. Honest. Incredibly good with my boys. Served his country for 20 years (US Navy). He loves me and is very affectionate. He doesn't expect me to be his equal. He's a good provider - and a good match for me, because he is content with living simply and frugally. He's really smart, like probably smarter than me (and I was always p. smrt), and really good at a lot of things. He's a really good driver. Also a really good cook, actually. He's very gentlemanly. And one thing in particular that I really really really love, is that he reads to me. I love that man a lot. He's actually quite a bit more liberal than I am (most are), and sometimes I think he thinks I'm a little nutty, but he humors me and always treats me well. :laughter::blush:

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm really grateful for my dad, too! Plenty of questionable life choices under his belt, but he raised me with my eyes wiiide open. No "red pills" needed. And when I was little, he'd often buy me the dresses my mother said were too impractical! Love my dad.

My brothers are also some of the best men I know. I'm incredibly blessed to have them. My big brother and I are only about a year and a half apart, and we were pretty much inseparable best friends growing up. My younger brother and I are a few years apart, so we didn't really start catching up as peers until a few years ago - when we did I found out he's a lot like the male version of me, which is usually pretty great, and even when we have squabbles it's usually just funny. There is absolutely nothing like having good brothers.

And of course, my husband. I could probably sing his praises all day long. He is genuinely exceptional. Absolute breath of fresh air in this gay hell we call a society. He is very handsome, and very manly. Loyal. Honest. Incredibly good with my boys. Served his country for 20 years (US Navy). He loves me and is very affectionate. He doesn't expect me to be his equal. He's a good provider - and a good match for me, because he is content with living simply and frugally. He's really smart, like probably smarter than me (and I was always p. smrt), and really good at a lot of things. He's a really good driver. Also a really good cook, actually. He's very gentlemanly. And one thing in particular that I really really really love, is that he reads to me. I love that man a lot. He's actually quite a bit more liberal than I am (most are), and sometimes I think he thinks I'm a little nutty, but he humors me and always treats me well. :laughter::blush:
Good dads are so underrated. I can’t even begin to explain how fortunate I am to have my father. A truly great man, hard working and family oriented. He worked his way out of urban poverty from losing his dad at age 12 when his mother had to struggle to make ends meet. He is very grounded in faith and created a suburban middle class life though the sweat of his brow for my mom, my brother, and I. We were raised very ‘old school’ and I’m endlessly grateful for it. Traditional roles were the norm, although both he and my homemaker mom taught my brother and I both the life skills we would need as successful adults (sewing, laundry, changing oil, gardening, cleaning, etc).
My dad has always been a rock and a lifelong source of inspiration and advice. I have a husband now for those things as well, but no one can take the place of a great father.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
My father is a very hard working man, he was always working and on the road until late, to provide for us as a family. He has always put his family first. He is a happy, peaceful and just an allround awesome father, a solid rock in my life. He was very sick last year, so we were afraid of losing him, thankfully all is well now. This thread inspired me to write him a postcard expressing my gratitude, thank you.
Glad to hear he is doing better now. I’ll bet your thoughtful postcard means so much to him.