Libertarian Party discussion

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Johnson actually did have an answer: Vicente Fox, the "terrific" former president of Mexico.

Damn, this guy is an idiot.

DamienCasanova

Ostrich
Gold Member
Slim Shady said:
At the recent town hall, when Gary Johnson couldn't come up with the name of one current foreign leader he admires (to be honest, there aren't many, I would personally go with Putin in Russia, or Modi in India) his mate Bill Weld chimed in, saying FUCKING MERKEL.

That tells you all you need to know.

Libertarian Party are a bunch of frauds:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/781278922201718784

Voting for these clowns basically means you don't give a shit about America's future and would put it in the hands of totally incompetent people.
Easy Answer.

Duterte in the Phillipines

Wow, they really did find a real choice fuckup to lead their party. I'm guessing this guy is the inspiration for the Family Guy character Mayor West .

Even Ron Paul would be doing better than Gary Johnson right now. I hope he doesn't drop out though, the majority of his voters would probably choose Hillary over Trump.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
That guy is high as giraffe pussy. People think smoking dope doesn't affect the way you act. Look at him.

He swears if he's elected he'll stop smoking dope. I think that's hilarious.

Trump: I promise to build a wall

Hillary: I promise to fix the economy

Gary: I promise to stop getting high

On top of that, he hates cronyism. He's the president of a huge marijuana company. Anybody that knows anything about that business knows its the biggest who-you-know kickback situation out there.

Aloha!

Slim Shady

Ostrich
Gold Member
More proof that the Libertarian party candidates are complete shills.

Weld says that he "definitely doesn't want Donald Trump to be President", and that "he's not sure anyone's more qualified that Hillary Clinton to be President".

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Libertarian cucks crying out for "freedom".

puckerman

Ostrich
I started this discussion because I was hoping to have a discussion thread for libertarians to discuss the campaign and the party. Instead, I just got a bunch of trolls posting misinformed comments about libertarians, our beliefs, and just about everything else.

puckerman said:
I started this discussion because I was hoping to have a discussion thread for libertarians to discuss the campaign and the party. Instead, I just got a bunch of trolls posting misinformed comments about libertarians, our beliefs, and just about everything else.
Are those trolls Johnson and Weld themselves?

chicane

Woodpecker
Gold Member
puckerman said:
I know a number of Libertarians. I think they are of naive and unreasonably optimistic, but I'll try to avoid being a troll.

You should start attending the "Texans for Accountable Government" and the "Speaking of Liberty Toastmasters" meetings.

chicane said:
I know a number of Libertarians. I think they are of naive and unreasonably optimistic
I think if as a libertarian, you think voting for Johnson and his Libertarian Party will improve liberty in the US, you're beyond naive and unreasonably optimistic. You're probably mad as a hatter.

Real libertarians, those who actually want more liberty for all, instead of just an outlet for sperging out or a place to find fellow stoners, should be campaigning for two things only and simultaneously: the election of Donald Trump; and the invocation of Article V.

I also think OP is what I call a "failed member". 1200 posts, only deserving of a total of 4 reps. One banned rep, and one for a quite farcical statement: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-44252-post-933134.html#pid933134 . Everybody justifiably attacked this joke of a party, and so he got triggered and had a little whinge about it.

OP: Johnson is a fucking stoner headcase wierdo and you should disavow him and his party.

ElFlaco

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'm embarrassed to have once been a libertarian.

Phoenix said:
Real libertarians, those who actually want more liberty for all, instead of just an outlet for sperging out or a place to find fellow stoners, should be campaigning for two things only and simultaneously: the election of Donald Trump; and the invocation of Article V.
Although there are libertarians against open borders, the libertarian 'party line' is open borders all the way. They stomp their feet impetuously, refusing to see that the welfare isn't going anywhere, so open borders is an untenable policy for that reason alone. Also, they have no understanding of the importance of culture whatsoever (spergy autism, as mentioned above). We're all interchangeable parts to them. I would consider them dangerous if only they weren't so ineffectual.

heavy

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I feel it's a good time to post this Dinesh D'Souza speech from a few weeks ago. Give it a listen. It starts slow but gets better all the way until the end.

There is a difference in the Republican and the Democrat party. The reason the Dems have Hollywood, the Press, and Education is because conservatives have said "just don't bother with me and my life" (basically what I think) rather than standing up for the Republican party.

In the end, I get being annoyed with the political conversation between the two sides. I get having a stand-offish philosophy of don't mess with me, I don't want to play identity politics. At least understand the history of the two parties.

Delta

Kingfisher
You can pound away at Johnson's idiotic gaffes all you want, but I'd argue it's not all that relevant. Some people just suck in front of an audience, but are brilliant when they sit down and think about things. The guy was a popular two-term governor, so he's capable of being an effective executive. The mainstream media decided he's a joke because polls began showing that he was pulling slightly more votes away from Hillary than from Trump. It's similar to how they actively dismiss someone like Jill Stein despite obviously agreeing with most of her positions.

Even if you dislike him, it's not like there's any chance of your vote electing him president. To me, it's more about raising awareness of third parties to eventually break up the duopoly.

weambulance

Hummingbird
Gold Member
SirTimothy said:
Libertarian John Mcafee shames libertarians for being white males. Sad and low energy!

What a fucking faggot. Isn't this guy supposed to be smart? He has a tenuous grasp on the concept of cause and effect, I have to say.

Delta

Kingfisher
SirTimothy said:
Dear Libertarian Party,

STOP TRYING TO APPEAL TO SJW'S. They are never becoming libertarians. Just take one look at a comments thread on reason.com. It is pure, unanimous contempt for SJW's. Someone who thinks like a SJW will never think like a libertarian. Just face it. You have a much better chance recruiting people who are sick of this kind of bullshit. There is no shortage of such people. Forget about being trendy like your leftist friends and open your fucking eyes.

Samseau

Owl
Gold Member
The libertarian party is a sad sack of shit. We've hijacked the Republican party with Trump and now we just need to finish the process at the local level. Stop wasting time and energy on the Libertarian party and redouble your efforts to transform the Republican party.

Kurgan

Kingfisher
Perry was quite fun to watch at the Libertarian debate. He's very passionate about drugs to the point of slamming a pen on the desk about how hard it is to use drugs. His concession speech made him sound like a manchild just because he didn't win the nomination.

Yeah, the debate was interesting to say the least. I watched it last summer. McAfee looked like he was baked the whole time, Gary Johnson is wondering to himself "Why did I become a Libertarian again?" and whining, Austin Petersen reminds me of Jim DeMint for some reason, Perry actually reminded me of Eric Harris (one of the Columbine shooters) if he took a different path instead of shooting up his school and Dr. Feldman, how did they find him? Apparently, Dr. Feldman died afterwards in a motel room.

Why was there some fat guy stripping in the middle of the convention? It makes the other two parties look sane.

Jean, I've watched that video numerous times. If Sam maybe would stop being a little arrogant, Perry might have had something rational to say instead of interrupting him the whole time.

Kurgan said:
Perry was quite fun to watch at the Libertarian debate. He's very passionate about drugs to the point of slamming a pen on the desk about how hard it is to use drugs. His concession speech made him sound like a manchild just because he didn't win the nomination.

Yeah, the debate was interesting to say the least. I watched it last summer. McAfee looked like he was baked the whole time, Gary Johnson is wondering to himself "Why did I become a Libertarian again?" and whining, Austin Petersen reminds me of Jim DeMint for some reason, Perry actually reminded me of Eric Harris (one of the Columbine shooters) if he took a different path instead of shooting up his school and Dr. Feldman, how did they find him? Apparently, Dr. Feldman died afterwards in a motel room.

Why was there some fat guy stripping in the middle of the convention? It makes the other two parties look sane.

Jean, I've watched that video numerous times. If Sam maybe would stop being a little arrogant, Perry might have had something rational to say instead of interrupting him the whole time.
The problem there was very clearly not with Sam. Perry came off as a loon.