List of Suggestions & Feature Requests

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
After a few weeks of getting used to the forum's new software, below is a list of feature requests and/or suggestions.

1. Embed a PDF document in a forum post.
2. Dark Theme's link issue. When in Dark Theme mode, it is difficult to look for a link due to lack of color and/or underline style. I've had to use a mouse cursor to hover over a paragraph to see if there is any link to click on.
  • Add/create a custom link style - i.e., color, underline, etc. - that will stand out and be easily recognized to click on it.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
Embedding PDFs will be a memory hog on the browser. Plus I don't want to be browsing through the forum and be hit with a 30 page PDF that I'm not interested in.

I made the links in dark mode a bit whiter. Try it out for a few days and let me know if it's helpful.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
I made the links in dark mode a bit whiter. Try it out for a few days and let me know if it's helpful.
After playing around with it yesterday and this morning, the link's white color contrast is a bit better now. :like:

Peacock
Gold Member
1- In the old board you had to reformat picture size "by hand", by specifying size inside the tags ( for example: [img=600x350] ). The new forum resizes images automatically, but it also will not read any image tag with an "=width x length" inside . So maybe a script can be written to remove all of these "= a x b" inside the tags, which will make all these images reappear...

2- Maybe we can change the title of the "Conspiracy" Culture subforum to "Deep Forum" or "Deep Culture", because "conspiracy" is a loaded/weaponized term, and also because it doesn't describe some of the threads like the deeper discussion on the influence of technology. "Deep Forum" was also a previous subcategory in the old forum where people would invest some time into their posts and not be worried about that effort getting scrolled into oblivion.

1- In the old board you had to reformat picture size "by hand", by specifying size inside the tags ( for example: [img=600x350] ). The new forum resizes images automatically, but it also will not read any image tag with an "=width x length" inside . So maybe a script can be written to remove all of these "= a x b" inside the tags, which will make all these images reappear...
It does? I wasted so much time trying to resize some pictures...

redbeard

Hummingbird
It might be worthwhile to add a "Parenting" section under the "Family" subforum. I know we haven't focused much on parenting in the past, but (God willing) hopefully we're talking about parenting a lot more in coming years.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Take off the notification saying that someone liked one of your posts. I find myself checking it and getting a kick out of seeing who liked what post. It's unnecessary and makes me feel like I'm special when I'm not.
Additionally, I check my notifications because I think someone responded to my post or something, and then it's just a "like".

redbeard

Hummingbird
Might not be a "feature request," but is there any way to sort/search our private messages by username? I'm trying to find an old message from a member but I can't find it unless I dig through, page by page.

Roosh

Cardinal
Might not be a "feature request," but is there any way to sort/search our private messages by username? I'm trying to find an old message from a member but I can't find it unless I dig through, page by page.
Yes unfortunately this is a limitation of the software.