Long-term benefits of the Coronavirus Pandemic

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Arado said:
The rise of telemedicine, which will make it easier to replace doctors with AI, saving a ton of cost in the health industry.

I don’t see how this is a benefit. History has shown that these savings never get passed down to the consumer, just pocketed as increased profit to those higher up. All it will do is eliminate more good upper middle class jobs. Perhaps inevitable, but still.

KYT88

Robin
Going strong said:
And all around the world, city hipsters, hookers, traders and moviemakers have stopped snorting coke, as the drug trade is massively disturbed by all this circus.

Not a gram of coke or heroin reach the end-customer anymore! Good news for public health, but alas, good news for local meth labs too: International drug cartels are thwarted, the market is back in the hands of local entrepreneurs.

Over the weekend dealers were promising a 20minute delivery time in London.

Easy_C said:
My question remains.

If the Deep State and the elites are all conspiring to stir up a war with China, then why on earth is every media outlet they control and the big tech giants running to bat for China to protect them and help them look good?

Try searching for Chinese real death count on Google vs. non-brand name search engines to see what I’m talking about

I have not followed all of this very closely, but from what I have seen the main stream is running cover for Chinese citizens and more importantly Chinese foreign nationals in western nations. They are not covering for the Chinese govt. I could be wrong, but this is mostly what I have seen.

The elites want to crack the Chinese govt. and put the fury on them. At the same time they don't want westerners actually feeling any sense of nationality so they will attack them trying to protect themselves from the Chinese people who brought this into Italy and into Europe.

Sword and Board

Kingfisher
AnonymousBosch said:
Sherman said:
If the West continues to trade with Communist China after this holocaust, then nothing has been gained, and the West deserves its destruction. Americans need to repent for buying cheap Chinese goods and supporting this. We have also: ignored the destruction of Tibet, agreed to isolate Taiwan from the world community, abandoned Hong Kong, profited from slave labor, ignored repression of religious groups, including Falun Gong. We have empowered an evil regime and our mortal enemy. Despite their responsibility for covering up this virus, the Communist Regime is initiating an active propaganda campaign to blame it on the United States. This says everything about their true motives.

https://mises.org/wire/chinese-regime-has-made-chinas-woes-much-worse

Funny, everyone the US has ever told me was a 'regime' wasn't. I never heard Trump use that phrase against Macron with his response to the Yellow Vest Movement.

The thing is, we did talk about this. Conservatives called us Commies and Libtards and Hippies and Bleeding Hearts. When Wall Street outsourced all our jobs to them, both Left and Right and Hollywood then mocked us as poor rednecks for saying 'they took our jobs' because capitalist profit is all that matters. We were called commies for Anti-Free Trade and Anti-stances Globalism - which were Conservative Values in 2000 because 'muh Capitalism'. If we started questioning this ten years down the road, we were then called Racists and Xenophobes by the Left. If you brought the Catholic Church's persecution in China up to Evangelical Christian groups, they were more concerned with saying you were in the 'whore of babylon' than actual human rights abuses. If you questioned why the Chinese were allowed to buy up so much land and companies in Australia and were allowed such high levels of immigration the two (((media arms))) would call you racist and bleat how (((diversity is our strength))), and questioning (((the superiority of multiculturalism))) in a public way was made illegal in our (((legal system))) back in 1994, though most Australians are unaware of this.

It's only now, that China is threatening Israel's Oil interests with their new Silk Road, that they've suddenly been upgraded the the latest Evil Empire to be defeated in the name of muh Patriotic Democracy, the two (((Media arms))) are now regularly posting emotional, Anti-China stories, and people suddenly give enough of a crap to instantly accuse you of colluding with the enemy for being very, very tired of this stupid, transparent game.

I can forgive you for not listening then, but don't expect me to pay attention now.

Its interesting the "I don't think Israel/Zionism is doing anything wrong" crowd push the narrative and wax lyrically about the so called human rights abuses of team globohomo's latest enemy.

Hansel

Robin
Easy_C said:
My question remains.

If the Deep State and the elites are all conspiring to stir up a war with China, then why on earth is every media outlet they control and the big tech giants running to bat for China to protect them and help them look good?

Try searching for Chinese real death count on Google vs. non-brand name search engines to see what I’m talking about

If they did intend to cover China in itself you would not have heard of their human rights abuses. Dalai would be known as the old asian in a Roman toga. The Hong Kong protests would be some kind of unrest in a distant rich land. If corona didn’t come around to hit the West, all you would see on the media is the ruthless Chinese response to the virus and how many instances liberties were left in the dust, just like how the narrative was 2 months ago. The media and China have never been in bed, I don’t know how people here can equal left = paid off by China. If they had taken the time to observe, the left HATES China for “unfree journalism and aggressive diplomacy.” Them outsourcing jobs is only because cash is more valuable than anything. There is no love to anything other than money on both sides.

The media simply covered China because the Chinese governance system is their wet dream and they are capitalizing on this opportunity to transform the West into one. How are they going to make Western countries into white Chinas if they don’t tell the populace how great and efficient the Chinese system is in times of need?

Plus, it isn’t like as if they haven’t neglected to take note at similar issues like Saudi killing reporters because of “acceptance of Islam”. Everything has to conform to the narrative.

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
Even though men are more likely to die, the real victims will be women because of the impact on feminism:

Purely as a physical illness, the coronavirus appears to affect women less severely. But in the past few days, the conversation about the pandemic has broadened: We are not just living through a public-health crisis, but an economic one. As much of normal life is suspended for three months or more, job losses are inevitable. At the same time, school closures and household isolation are moving the work of caring for children from the paid economy—nurseries, schools, babysitters—to the unpaid one. The coronavirus smashes up the bargain that so many dual-earner couples have made in the developed world: We can both work, because someone else is looking after our children.

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ism-womens-rights-coronavirus-covid19/608302/

Emancipator said:
John Michael Kane said:
If there are large numbers of deaths due to the Chinese Virus, housing prices should come down considerably as older people die off disproportionally. This will have a positive effect for younger couples owning their own home and starting family formation instead of the never-ending rent trap that many young people find themselves in currently.

You just know there's going to be a chunk of Millennial inheriting their parent's home and selling it under valued to fuel their consumerism.

Either rent seeking landlords or Young families will benefit from depressed prices.

No, we really don't just know.

The consumerism comes because there is nothing better to do for many Millenials. When you're never going to be able to afford a house because you simply can't afford the mortgage, what is the point in saving for a house.

Given a house, quite a lot might finally start considering starting a family.

eskimobobseal

Pelican
Gold Member
One of the benefits I'm seeing is that faggot parades are being postponed in the US and UK, so less freaks on the streets defiling the minds of children.

Easy_C

Peacock
Sword and Board said:
AnonymousBosch said:
Sherman said:
If the West continues to trade with Communist China after this holocaust, then nothing has been gained, and the West deserves its destruction. Americans need to repent for buying cheap Chinese goods and supporting this. We have also: ignored the destruction of Tibet, agreed to isolate Taiwan from the world community, abandoned Hong Kong, profited from slave labor, ignored repression of religious groups, including Falun Gong. We have empowered an evil regime and our mortal enemy. Despite their responsibility for covering up this virus, the Communist Regime is initiating an active propaganda campaign to blame it on the United States. This says everything about their true motives.

https://mises.org/wire/chinese-regime-has-made-chinas-woes-much-worse

Funny, everyone the US has ever told me was a 'regime' wasn't. I never heard Trump use that phrase against Macron with his response to the Yellow Vest Movement.

The thing is, we did talk about this. Conservatives called us Commies and Libtards and Hippies and Bleeding Hearts. When Wall Street outsourced all our jobs to them, both Left and Right and Hollywood then mocked us as poor rednecks for saying 'they took our jobs' because capitalist profit is all that matters. We were called commies for Anti-Free Trade and Anti-stances Globalism - which were Conservative Values in 2000 because 'muh Capitalism'. If we started questioning this ten years down the road, we were then called Racists and Xenophobes by the Left. If you brought the Catholic Church's persecution in China up to Evangelical Christian groups, they were more concerned with saying you were in the 'whore of babylon' than actual human rights abuses. If you questioned why the Chinese were allowed to buy up so much land and companies in Australia and were allowed such high levels of immigration the two (((media arms))) would call you racist and bleat how (((diversity is our strength))), and questioning (((the superiority of multiculturalism))) in a public way was made illegal in our (((legal system))) back in 1994, though most Australians are unaware of this.

It's only now, that China is threatening Israel's Oil interests with their new Silk Road, that they've suddenly been upgraded the the latest Evil Empire to be defeated in the name of muh Patriotic Democracy, the two (((Media arms))) are now regularly posting emotional, Anti-China stories, and people suddenly give enough of a crap to instantly accuse you of colluding with the enemy for being very, very tired of this stupid, transparent game.

I can forgive you for not listening then, but don't expect me to pay attention now.

Its interesting the "I don't think Israel/Zionism is doing anything wrong" crowd push the narrative and wax lyrically about the so called human rights abuses of team globohomo's latest enemy.

YOUR LYING IS DISGUSTING

You have repeatedly and dishonestly called me an apoligist for Zionism when I'm anything but and everyone but you knows it.

Stop lying.

Easy_C

Peacock
Challenge to you:

Find anything in my entire post history where I claim Zionists did nothing wrong.

You can't. Prove me wrong

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Enhanced Eddie said:
Dusty said:
We got incontrovertible evidence that Madonna can’t sing.

Fried fish? Fish is the symbol for Christianity. As she sings it, she does the "L" for "loser" hand sign at the camera.

Madonna is a Satanist. She's often seen wearing the red kaballah wristband. Her videos and shows are full of all kinds of Satanic symbols.

On her most recent tour she was wearing a gas mask and had dancers fall to the ground as if dead. Very reminiscent of the situation we're in now.

On the back of her latest album, she's typing on a type writer of the brand "corona". Tom Hanks recently tweeted a picture of a corona type writer too... wish I had bookmarked.

I'm sure these are all coincidences. We don't want to get too conspiratorial, right?

A friend of mine just pointed out that "pasta" is also code for sex with a young boy among the Satanist pedo elite. I hadn't made that connection when I saw this clip, but could be what she means... what do you think "no more pasta, only friend fish" could mean in that context? Anyone versed with all the pedo wikileaks lingo?

I think this crisis has shown the possibility of online education. Which may lead to free college for all. I’m opposed to waiving student debt, sorry, life lessons aren’t free and we can’t always fix things when other people screw up. I’ve mentioned free online college and most Bernie supporters are not excited about it. Because what people really want is just a good time for free. And I don’t want to pay for that.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Genghis Khan said:
Emancipator said:
John Michael Kane said:
If there are large numbers of deaths due to the Chinese Virus, housing prices should come down considerably as older people die off disproportionally. This will have a positive effect for younger couples owning their own home and starting family formation instead of the never-ending rent trap that many young people find themselves in currently.

You just know there's going to be a chunk of Millennial inheriting their parent's home and selling it under valued to fuel their consumerism.

Either rent seeking landlords or Young families will benefit from depressed prices.

No, we really don't just know.

The consumerism comes because there is nothing better to do for many Millenials. When you're never going to be able to afford a house because you simply can't afford the mortgage, what is the point in saving for a house.

Given a house, quite a lot might finally start considering starting a family.

I dont understand this.

The median price for a single family home in the US is $226k.(Even in CA its $559k )

Lets say you want a $400k house
An FHA loan for a first time buyer is 3% down. Thats $12k. With related fees lets round that off to $15k

So that's $15k down. Property taxes insurance etc you end up with monthly payments of $2300 (roughly).

of which $670 goes towards principal since mortgages are interest front loaded. So (roughly)

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
This is more of a short-term benefit. Normally I spend $75 on a week's worth of groceries, but because of the sales just spent $95 for two week's worth. The freezer has plenty of steak, chicken, salmon, spinach and broccoli. Fridge has bell peppers, mushrooms, cantaloupe and Greek yogurt. Bananas, oatmeal, almonds and cashews as well.

I was already starting to eat healthier, but long-term I will try and continue this. Good, healthy food is so important, especially for the immune system.