Long-term benefits of the Coronavirus Pandemic

The only people with long-term benefits over this are in the trillionaire and globalist camp. Not even the average billionaire will be having much from it - despite some doubling their net assets over time.

There are ways to make millions or even start businesses in this total pulldown of the West, but I take no pleasure in it. Most industries and the lives of billions will be impacted heavily by this bullshit.

It wouldn't be so bad even if 5% of the world population had to die from it. (and there is zero chance for this) Seriously - you have no idea what it will do to the world economy.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
AntoniusofEfa said:
You are telling just half the picture. Schlesien was dirty in the Soviet times, and it is still horribly polluted. The industry is the real polluter in Poland.
I'm not hiding anything. I made a remark that based on this unbeatable proof communist car hating jerk-off's who have been attacking this form of transportation for decades, claiming the alleged huge role in pollution can once and for all fuck off.

The air quality is bad because of the type of fuel used in single homes and other infrastructure. This is a problem across whole Poland, not just south. If we concentrate on the green technology for the industry and housing the problem will be done with. Then people could drive 7-liter Hemi Cuda's and make no difference from a 100g CO2/km shit boxes.

Cars might not have much impact on air pollution, but they do have a great impact on noise pollution. It's awesome being able to hear the birds chirping and singing again near my house.
The most noisy thing in a car are the tyres. Anyway, that's what the country is for if you want silence. People who expect silence in cities or build their houses in noisy neighbourhoods and then whine about it are hypocrites.

Simeon_Strangelight said:
The only people with long-term benefits over this are in the trillionaire and globalist camp. Not even the average billionaire will be having much from it - despite some doubling their net assets over time.
I hear more and more voices stating the opposite - that this epidemic (and 6 months earlier the arrest of J. Epstein) marks the end of the global cabal/mafia.
I give it 20% chance, lets wait and see. In polish Youtube there is an explosion of alternative channels popularity. Some videos get close to one million views. Since we have 10x less people than USA its like 10 million views - Joe Rogan level.

AntoniusofEfa

Woodpecker
^That is why I do not see this whole crisis being planed. Yes, the politicians are going all in fascist where they can, but I see a long term destabilizing effect, since the great Coronachan shows just how incompetent governments really are in this current situation. People, especially the unemployed, also have more time now to think. The longer this will last, the stronger the nationalistic wave will be.

Now the government will have to explain, how come they want to raise taxes after years of record-breaking levels of tax income coming into the government coffers. This is a position in which no politicians would like to be in, therefore the current leftie government would rather step down and make a coalition with the right wing parties.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I doubt this situation will weaken China as some hope the industry will come back to the West. I suspect the Gateses of the world have made a deal with the Chinese and after the virus wave comes away the Chinese will rebound and ramp up most notably the supply of 5G tech in then crumbled West.

Bury Zenek said:
I doubt this situation will weaken China as some hope the industry will come back to US. I suspect the Gateses of the world have made a deal with the Chinese and after the virus wave comes away the Chinese will rebound and ramp up most notably the building of 5G towers in then crumbled West.
If the West shuts down for months or 1.5 years as Australia wants to do, then you cen bet your life that the only countries with a somewhat functioning economy will be China, Japan, Korea (both Koreas).

China has returned to work and Tokyo never really stopped:

Shibuya:

Bury Zenek said:
Do you have a video of Japanese streets from recent days?
That was 1st of april - guy was standing there. You can also watch it live on the Shibuya crossing:

I see many people in body-bags and the sick keeling over!

This thing is the best thing ever for the elite:

"Let us save you by totalitarianism and making you poor and destitute - just how we like it - desperate and accepting any handout that we may give you!"

ilostabet

Kingfisher
People who expect silence in cities or build their houses in noisy neighbourhoods and then whine about it are hypocrites.
I would move to the country if I could.

But more importantly, quiet is not like some preference between chocolate or vanilla ice cream. It's an actual requirement for sanity and connection with God. It is thus no surprise that cities are notoriously godless and full of mentally unstable people.

So I do not expect cities to not be noisy, but I do think cities should be dismantled, along with the machinery that creates a majority of the noise pollution.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
People will hopefully be able to recognize more lies as such. Examples follow ..

dicknixon72 said:
I would gladly pay $250 more for an American television set
Ok so what's the price of a tv set, a grand ?
So you'd be ready to pay 25% more ?
If it had to be made in the west it would probably cost 10k.
Same for your clothes, $10 basic shirt ? More like a hundred now.

RexImperator said:
The coronavirus smashes up the bargain that so many dual-earner couples have made in the developed world: We can both work, because someone else is looking after our children.
More like "we both have to work because shit is expensive, and someone else is looking after our children".
Correlation, not causality.

Going strong said:
Every family with teens I've talked to, are currently getting crazy in quarantine.

One week more and teens and parents will be at each other throats, in all quarantined cities.

One month more locked in the same small apartment
Good, people will finally understand that living in rabbits'cages is crap, and that there are some things you cannot have in an apartement.
Like pets, children, or a GODDAMN SUBWOOFER [email protected]#$

questor70 said:
If you tried to rearrange society back to the 1950s, our overall level of prosperity would drop considerably.
Define overall level of prosperity ?
US companies make trillions a year, mostly going to tax havens afterwards.
Divide that by the current population, what do you get ?

Anyway, examples abound but time is scarce - hope you're all well !

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Ok so what's the price of a tv set, a grand ?
So you'd be ready to pay 25% more ?
If it had to be made in the west it would probably cost 10k.
Same for your clothes, $10 basic shirt ? More like a hundred now.
USA made shirts are about 25 dollars at the Msrp,

https://www.authenticallyamericanbrand.us/

Not 100 dollars for a shirt.

As for television sets. There are plenty of TV sets made in the USA that are on par in price and quality with the Asian counterparts. Like Vizio. You don’t have to pay 250 dollars more. The reason? Machines do most of the work

Stop lying, I’m not sure what your point was or if you even have one.

The one item that would cost a lot more in the USA would be smartphones as they are made on an assembly line. I don’t think American manufacturing could compete with that, they require a lot if parts and built and assembled in countries with cheaper labor. We could make smartphones but not as cheaply.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
RexImperator said:
^^^I didn’t write that, it was a quote from some feminist author.
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to imply you write it, just wanted to point that fallacy from the article - that it's a good thing you can offload the kids and go make some money you don't need, when the reality is that you're a slave abandoning your beloved children to hostile strangers.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
eradicator said:
There are plenty of TV sets made in the USA that are on par in price and quality with the Asian counterparts.
lol no.
You are delusional if you actually believe this.
Unless we have different definitions - by made I meant made obviously, not just assembled.

For t-shirts sure you can get some made locally for 20 bucks - equivalent in quality to what you can buy from china for $2, so approx. an order of magnitude still holds.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Oberrheiner said:
eradicator said:
There are plenty of TV sets made in the USA that are on par in price and quality with the Asian counterparts.
lol no.
You are delusional if you actually believe this.
Unless we have different definitions - by made I meant made obviously, not just assembled.

For t-shirts sure you can get some made locally for 20 bucks - equivalent in quality to what you can buy from china for $2, so approx. an order of magnitude still holds.
https://www.gadgetreview.com/samsung-vs-vizio

No not really. Sure Sony and Samsung are better than Vizio but Vizio has cut the gap and they are cheaper.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
So ? 5 seconds of googling show that vizio assembles chinese parts in mexico.
I worked for decades in strategic industries, I'm not here to pull your leg.
But believe whatever you want, I'm not here to convince anybody.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
Oberrheiner said:
So ? 5 seconds of googling show that vizio assembles chinese parts in mexico.
I worked for decades in strategic industries, I'm not here to pull your leg.
But believe whatever you want, I'm not here to convince anybody.
To Oberrheiner's point, I don't think people can truly grasp the level of manufacturing dependence America has on China, to the point that we are probably a generation away from reclaiming whatever lost skills and production there ever were.

Also most people don't realize that Chinese production firms were in most cases operating on razor thin margins, with essentially no labor concerns and no environmental concerns, and a government fully and meaningfully supportive about supporting such industries.

The manufacture powerhouse of China was carefully nurtured and built over generations, often times at a net loss via government subsidies. This is not something we can just get back overnight in the US, although we should, and we must.

Edit: quick side point, over the last ten years, I see more and more of "assembled in America" or "assembled in X country with mostly American parts" etc... So many caveats to "Made in America". I remember reading an article about the constant fight for companies to loosen the definition of what really means "made in America".

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
It doesn't help that the West has also basically come to look down its nose at the concept of working in manufacturing and assembly. This has been a multi-generational attack on what used to be a big part middle class, then became a smaller part of the lower middle class and now barely exists.

If you say you make 50k a year working in accounting people think you're boring but that's about the worst of it.

But if you say you make 50k a year assembling transmissions in a factory then they'll look at you like you're covered in shit.

Over the last 50 years Hollywood has basically portrayed anyone in manufacturing and assembly as detestable redneck cretins who endure misery by day and go home to get drunk and beat their wives by night.

void

Pelican
Our western welfare states made manual labor too expensive.
So what is left is the bureaucrats and other managers, production of all most everything else has been outsourced to asia by now.

what is left is niche technologies, the high volume/high turnover stuff has been terminated by the social security of our countries (ironically) taking the jobs from the not so smart people. Now they live on welfare and shitty service jobs.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
void said:
Our western welfare states made manual labor too expensive.
Not true.
Anything not low-end and also not generic enough to bring big economies of scale can be made locally to a competitive price.

I have a recent example with guitars - if you are in the market for a $2000 or more guitar you're better off asking a local luthier than buying off-the-shelf.
The quality will be better, it will be more suited to you, you'll be buying local, it has only advantages.

But people hate facing that, because they would then have to admit that they are poor, and why would they need to give out so much money when they can get something which looks the same from indonesia for half the price or less.
Of course the quality is not the same at all but hey, it's half the damn price and that's already more than they want to give out ! I mean it has the same number of strings and pickups so it should be fine right ? :)

Then the same people complain when their boss outsources their job so some 3rd world country and try to convince him that he's not getting the same quality - ha !