Lounge of Russian-Ukrainian War

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Well there you are, this is what it's come to. Thank you Donbass, thank you Crimea

I hope the people of these regions will now take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask themselves whether all this fuss was really worth it
Wrong. Your worldview represents the theoretical, moralizing phenomenon known as the media mind, in which people act based on simple pleasures and avoiding inconveniences, completely ignoring the depth of their actual motivations, culture and actual moral convictions.

In reality, Russians subjected to this sort of broad ethnic-based hatred and discrimination are much more likely to think "wow, Putin was right about these people".

I mean, Daniil Medvedev isn't a representative of Russia or a member of a Russian state delegation. He's an ordinary, private person who resides in Monte Carlo and lives in France. He just happens to have been born in Russia, yet that's enough of an excuse for him to be brutalized, mocked, banned from work and, most likely, even have his property seized down the line.

We're talking gross, 18th-century type of racism and discrimination here, only now instead of "dumb Negros" or "weird small-eyed yellow people" it's "evil homophobic Russians".

Be honest. How do you think that treatment will be interpreted by the average Russian? Do you think they're likely to conclude "oh well, if we just get rid of Putin, these people will suddenly become nice to us"?

I don't think so.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Shower thought;

You know these Azov thugs who are going around in a frenzy of torture and murder?

Keep in mind that if the situation breaks down in America this is the type of people they will bring out to suppress the population.
Correct. BLM and Antifa are the American Azov, just waiting to be unleashed on the population. And putting aside their mockery as hypocritical soft hipsters, being a large paramilitary organization supported and armed by the government is guaranteed to cause immense terror and destruction.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Wrong. Your worldview represents the theoretical, moralizing phenomenon known as the media mind, in which people act based on simple pleasures and avoiding inconveniences, completely ignoring the depth of their actual motivations, culture and actual moral convictions.

In reality, Russians subjected to this sort of broad ethnic-based hatred and discrimination are much more likely to think "wow, Putin was right about these people".

I mean, Daniil Medvedev isn't a representative of Russia or a member of a Russian state delegation. He's an ordinary, private person who resides in Monte Carlo and lives in France. He just happens to have been born in Russia, yet that's enough of an excuse for him to be brutalized, mocked, banned from work and, most likely, even have his property seized down the line.

We're talking gross, 18th-century type of racism and discrimination here, only now instead of "dumb Negros" or "weird small-eyed yellow people" it's "evil homophobic Russians".

Be honest. How do you think that treatment will be interpreted by the average Russian? Do you think they're likely to conclude "oh well, if we just get rid of Putin, these people will suddenly become nice to us"?

I don't think so.

Libeling an entire ethnic group. So as to mark a people for death. A declaration of War. I hope that the Righteous shall make the media pay for this according to what they deserve.

doodydota

Sparrow
Catholic
Polish media is insufferable. It's all war drums, essentially, the premise is "in order to avoid war, we must ignite war", mixed in with humiliations (1. CNN tells Polish president helping refugees is payback of holocaust?!? 2. Polish gov speaker says Poles are servants of Ukraine)

Also, you can't miss the massive amounts of military trucks driving regularly. They avoid driving in columns. It's like 1 truck every 3 minutes. It must be by the thousands.

Recently, I've also spotted Lithuanian ambulances. What are they here for in Poland? Picking up some NATO weapons?

I've got a feeling something is brewing. The brain-washing is too hard. There is talk of confiscation of property not only from Russians, but from "Russian sympathizers". What's concerning, even libertarian and vax-sceptics are on board of this madness. There are few dissenting voices, already labelled "Russian agents".

Not good.

Polish media is insufferable. It's all war drums, essentially, the premise is "in order to avoid war, we must ignite war", mixed in with humiliations (1. CNN tells Polish president helping refugees is payback of holocaust?!? 2. Polish gov speaker says Poles are servants of Ukraine)

Also, you can't miss the massive amounts of military trucks driving regularly. They avoid driving in columns. It's like 1 truck every 3 minutes. It must be by the thousands.

Recently, I've also spotted Lithuanian ambulances. What are they here for in Poland? Picking up some NATO weapons?

I've got a feeling something is brewing. The brain-washing is too hard. There is talk of confiscation of property not only from Russians, but from "Russian sympathizers". What's concerning, even libertarian and vax-sceptics are on board of this madness. There are few dissenting voices, already labelled "Russian agents".

Not good.
What about americans training ukrainian troops on Polish soil ?
There is some talk in Russian social media about fresh ukrainian conscripts going through basic training with western heavy equipement in Poland - just gossip or something solid ?

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
Is anyone in our media gonna ask where all these rounds of 800M in funding to Ukraine is going? Sending over 3.5B in total to a country with a war torn regime and no current infrastructure while I can't drive to work without dodging numerous potholes.

No one in our media is curious?

That's one of the biggest crimes here. You wouldn't even buy a company for 1M without the value of each line item being accounted for. But just throwing these huge, flat numbers at Ukraine without anything being accounted for?

Convince me this isn't one large money laundering scheme with contractors getting huge sums and politicians getting kickbacks.

It's treated as forgivable loans Ukraine won't have to pay back. Which of course means we're giving out loads of cash in return for increasing current and future political influence. While our corrupt officials get their fingers buttered.

And we don't actually have that money so are we printing even more during soaring inflation? While other countries begin moving away from the dollar as its reserve currency.

I just can't believe no one in our media understands what running and business or negative economic impacts look like and entails. No one is asking the most basic question or pointing out the most elementary problems, unless I've missed it.

Pumping billions of printed dollars into a concocted slush fund in Eastern Europe while true inflation is 15-20% and supply chain shortages are impacting every industry. And the supply chain shortages we're currently facing aren't a byproduct of this war. We won't face that impact until Spring 2023.

Unbelievable.

Dems silent. GOP silent. CNN silent. Fox News silent. DeSantis appears to be the only person with his head on straight. In fact all the GOP is doing right now appears to be cheerleading for Elon to take over Twitter due to their own failure to confront censorship.

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member

I don't think so.

I think Adrian here was being lighlty sarcastic, trying to say that banning Russians from Wimbledon isn't going to affect the war whatsoever, dry British humor humour, which apparently didn't travel well on an international message board...

In any case, this boycott of expat, well-off Russians is not only ridiculous, but also counterproductive to the neoliberal/globalist cause, pushing their most potentially useful Russian change agents straight into Putin's lap.

There was one report on alternative French media which highlighted the plight of an attractive, affluent-looking 30ish Russian expat woman in Paris who was shut out from her French bank account and unable to open new ones solely because she was Russian. She said that she had been contacted several times by Russian media trying to highlight these discriminatory policies targeting Russians in the West, but that she turned them all down saying that she didn't want to be part of the Russian propaganda effort. That's the kind of self-hating, self-destructive dedication that the Brits might have better harnessed by not banning Russians from Wimbledon.

Last edited:

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Do you guys think it is cocain on Zelensky's table? I watched some video clips of him back from years ago where in Moscow he was openly saying in Russian that he regularly consumes drugs (might post a link if anyone wants to hear for themselves)