Lounge of Russian-Ukrainian War

Stoyan

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Pretty disappointing to see this kind of emotional meltdown by a member I had respected. A wall of angry, all-out personal attacks, all over the place, with zero specifics.

It's also a bit weird that the trigger to your emotional unraveling here seemed to be my characterization of Aristovich (someone that you seemed to admire at some level) as a sociopath scum. Aristovich is not my kin, nor a friend of the West, and yes, he is indeed evil incarnate.

It looks like you could use some time offline.
Arrest Arrestovich.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
I'm thinking there will be big reprisals against holders of rubles if Ukraine ever manages to somehow recover control of these areas. What a nightmare for civilians there who are just trying to get by and not starve or lose their life savings.

The Kherson border seems to be a point of no return for Russia. Part of what seeled that fate, in addition to the geography and land bridge from Crimea to the Donbas, was the damming of the Dnipr canal to Crimea from the Kherson region, which nearly starved off the rich local Crimean agriculture. Kherson controls the water flow into Crimea.

Last edited:

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
The Kherson border seems to be a point of no return for Russia. Part of what seeled that fate, in addition to the geography and land bridge from Crimea to the Donbas, was the damming of the Dnipr canal to Crimea from the Kherson region, which nearly starved off the rich local Crimean agriculture. Kherson controls the water flow into Crimea.
I agree that damming that canal was a terrible move by the Ukrainians. One of the scariest things to me about this conflict is how utterly delusional Ukrainians are about Crimea somehow belonging to them. I wonder if instead they could have negotiated with the Russians and got some much needed financial compensation from Russia for letting Crimea go, rather than suicidally trying to hang on to a whole region that wants nothing to do with Ukraine. Far too late for that now, of course.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Reasonable accommodation with Russia was never part of the agenda, everything was made to ensure it was not going to happen by Nuland, Arestovich, Kholomoisky and co. Peace and prosperity for the locals pretty much goes against their tribal agenda.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Is DeSantis on board with Trump with this, or is he fully committed to the Uniparty Ikea flag craze?

FrancisK

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
This is the single greatest tweet I have ever seen.

Kind of a stretch calling Trump a "statesman" but I'll take it.

Agreed, this never would have happened under Trump and if it had it would be over by now or he would find a way for the USA to take advantage of it economically.

The war itself doesn’t actually hurt us, it is our bozo governments nefarious reaction to it which hurts us….

Same as coofid

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Reasonable accommodation with Russia was never part of the agenda, everything was made to ensure it was not going to happen by Nuland, Arestovich, Kholomoisky and co. Peace and prosperity for the locals pretty much goes against their tribal agenda.
I know he's controversial around here, but Vox Day had an interesting quick read today:

American former NATO Supreme Commander admits that Ukraine is in a proxy war with Russia, on behalf of NATO. Someone finally admitted it.

Apparently, GEN Breedlove was disappointed that he couldn't draw then-President Obama deeper into a Russia conflict years ago, as has been discovered through his hacked gmail account and reported by Vox previously. Not that Obama cared about peace, but I think he was much more JQ savvy than he let on and knew this was not a useful fight, at least at his time and place. He had a good gig - darling BIPOC leader of the free world. Largely victorious in his multiple foreign engagements, pathetic as they be. Winner of numerous Color Revolutions. Why get in an unnecessary fight with a real adversary? Throw Israel a few bones, bomb some of their neighbors, do it at low cost to US citizens, but actually fight a big power? No thanks.

What a spicy mix of Russia-haters: Cold War hangovers, pogrom-grudge-holding jews, "greater Israel" jews, Christian zionist dupes, half-baked neonazis, co-opted Ukrainian patriots, scared europeans that underfunded their NATO obligations for 50 years and are now exposed, stubborn Slavs that think they can strike a half-way deal with the West without selling their soul down-river, shady NGOs, and entrenched internationalist cronies. Did I miss anyone?

Bottom line: a high-ranking western man, in a position to know, finally admitted that Ukraine is our proxy. I wonder if some day a senior Ukrainian official will admit as much. Zelensky has implied it, with his rhetoric that he is fighting on behalf of world wide democracy, but has any Ukrainian official actually admitted they are the West's proxy?

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
As far as Crimea, as much as I like everyday Ukrainians and hate to say it, I think they deserve a lot of blame too. No politician could have run on a program of peacefully negotiating a deal to return Crimea to Russia and won. I spent a fair amount of time in Crimea when I lived over in the FSU, which led to my frequently upsetting people in Ukraine by referring to people in Crimea as Russians. Thing is, calling them Ukrainian would never have occurred to me, because they call themselves Russians. It was very obvious and that the vast majority of people in Crimea want to be part of Russia, and the only way to not recognize that is massive cognitive dissonance, especially if you speak Russian as all Ukrainians I've ever met do.

Rocha

Ostrich
Gold Member
As far as Crimea, as much as I like everyday Ukrainians and hate to say it, I think they deserve a lot of blame too. No politician could have run on a program of peacefully negotiating a deal to return Crimea to Russia and won. I spent a fair amount of time in Crimea when I lived over in the FSU, which led to my frequently upsetting people in Ukraine by referring to people in Crimea as Russians. Thing is, calling them Ukrainian would never have occurred to me, because they call themselves Russians. It was very obvious and that the vast majority of people in Crimea want to be part of Russia, and the only way to not recognize that is massive cognitive dissonance, especially if you speak Russian as all Ukrainians I've ever met do.
Exactly my experience. I was in Crimea in the summer 2013, Maidan was still to happen. And yes, it was russian flags everywhere, and guys wearing soccer shirts of the Russian team etc.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
1efd2fc60ee7c7d1.png

Ember

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
^^^^ Regarding the Oliver Stone post: Sadly, a huge false flag attack, biological or nuclear, is the Neocons' only real option in a war that is not going their way. I'm convinced they are working hard to set it up. They have the normies in the palms of their hands already, and will use this event to push for the destruction of Russia and the almost certain WW3 it brings about. The Chinese and others will not buy it for a second. I pray they fail to engineer it.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
One of the main problem here is that you have cynical literal sociopath like Arestovich in charge of the Ukrainian apparatus. They would not hesitate to stage a nuclear event which could result in Ukrainian cities being pulverized. Khazaria can only be reborn if Ukraine is in ashes...