Lounge of Russian-Ukrainian War

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member

Putin to undergo cancer surgery, transfer power to ex-FSB chief: report - NY Post (updated May 2, 2022)

putin-cancer-surgery-insider-02.jpg

Looks like Vlad's cancer might be in remission, but he's definitely showing alarming signs of dementia, terminal Parkinson, full-blown AIDS, long covid, and on top of that he also just contracted the newest case of bird flu:

TruckDriver9

Woodpecker

Update

Kherson region intends to become part of Russia
“We are not planning to hold a referendum and create an (independent) republic. Today, based on the opportunities that we have, we will integrate as much as possible into the Russian Federation,” - said Kirill Stremousov, deputy chairman of the military-civilian administration (CAA) of the region.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
If these women were really serious about being good soldiers, they would refuse to wear short skirts and insist on wearing pants instead that give them more freedom of action! Women shouldn't be in the military at all, not even just for ceremonial purposes! They can serve useful roles as nurses or police officers who deal with women prisoners, but that's it.

I don't think there are any "two mom Olgas" in Russian artillery units, but plenty of nurse Katerinas and secretary Svetlanas.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
There's footage of Khadyrov and his red and green flag-waving bearded bros strutting into Popasnaya yelling alahu akbar, further inflaming right-wing white nationalist bros. Not sure if he was wearing his Prada high-tops, but he's probably double-parked his Mercedes downtown next to a smoldering Ukie tank :laugh:

These videos will get 100M+ views in Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi etc, some serious soft power projection on G20 embargo-breaking partners who are going to secure the Russian win on the economic and diplomatic war front, in addition to locking in Russia's 20M muslims under the flag of Mother Russia.

Papist

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
This was apparently part of Putin's speech today, and he's 100% correct:

[D]espite all controversies in international relations, Russia has always advocated the establishment of an equal and indivisible security system which is critically needed for the entire international community.
Last December we proposed signing a treaty on security guarantees. Russia urged the West to hold an honest dialogue in search for meaningful and compromising solutions, and to take account of each other’s interests. All in vain. NATO countries did not want to heed us, which means they had totally different plans. And we saw it.

Another punitive operation in Donbass, an invasion of our historic lands, including Crimea, was openly in the making. Kiev declared that it could attain nuclear weapons. The NATO bloc launched an active military build-up on the territories adjacent to us.

Thus, an absolutely unacceptable threat to us was steadily being created right on our borders. There was every indication that a clash with neo-Nazis and Banderites backed by the United States and their minions was unavoidable.

Let me repeat, we saw the military infrastructure being built up, hundreds of foreign advisors starting work, and regular supplies of cutting-edge weaponry being delivered from NATO countries. The threat grew every day.

Russia launched a pre-emptive strike at the aggression. It was a forced, timely and the only correct decision. A decision by a sovereign, strong and independent country.

Source: https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/...empts-on-snake-island-other-issues-.html#more

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
This was apparently part of Putin's speech today, and he's 100% correct:

Source: https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/...empts-on-snake-island-other-issues-.html#more
That is the most direct explanation I have heard from Putin addressing the buildup of military resources immediately pre-conflict. Given that he had proposed the "security system" to consider the interests of all sides, only to be disregarded (again) by the West, there is no wonder he considered it a threat. We will have to wait for the history books to fill in the blanks on "the punitive operation in Donbass" and the Crimean escalation that prompted his aggression. Not that I doubt the truth of such a buildup, but I'd like to see some specifics.

So, at the runup to combat operations, we have:

- the West disregarding any diplomatic query to address Russia's security interests (at least since the Putin 2007 Munich speech). The West considered Russia's problems to be personal problems (maybe a Ukraine problem, too, but screw 'em). Nothing to do.
- a 3 decades long NATO expansion eastward, abandoning any respect for old ideas like "spheres of influence" and "buffers"
- alleged introduction of advisors and specific weapons that were escalation of threat to Russia
- a cocaine-addicted, corrupt, actor-president talking nukes, NATO, and EU (same guy had campaigned on a very different platform)
- said actor-president's absurd band of benefactor, advisors, controllers, and tools
- American Senators and officials talking nukes
- Joe Biden correctly (for once) predicting the Russian invasion (did Putin fear a spy or compromise)
- the return of the Nuland/Blinken/Sherman team to State Dpt. By the time 2014 was over, Russians were savvy to these people. Now, the "band is back together," playing on old stages, just with higher stakes and more audience now.
- the January introduction of the $33B Ukraine Lend/Lease act (4 weeks before the 24 Feb combat kickoff). How could Putin have seen that as anything other than an offensive act?

It puts the Afghanistan exit in a clarifying light. The US and NATO needed go get out of there, so as to free up "advisors" and resources for what was likely a longer-term goal of war with Russia. Bonus points to Biden for making it such a clown show. Well, he got us out of Afghanistan, so we need another move on the chessboard.

You have to give Team Nuland credit for shrewdness. She picked the one remaining vulnerable country to throw out as bait. She/they really had no other option left, given their goal was open conflict with Russia. NATO had grown so darn much that the only other place to take was Ukraine or Belarus. Belarus is not going to pick sides with the West, and Ukraine is fertile soil for western persuasion.

In Ukraine, Slav-Hate works Great. No matter who loses, Slav-haters win.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I can't find the post, but recently an American "volunteer" was training troops in Ukraine. He described them as superhumans, saying they often take out two or three tanks a day, and don't even brag about it, while that kind of thing is a really big deal in the American military.

The whole thing sounded suspiciously positive and grossly exaggerated.
The news I've heard is that despite lots of weapons and money being shipped to the Ukraine, no one can find any evidence of it reaching a battlefield. The evidence confirming this is now in:

A commander of the Ukrainian marines, who ended up being captured during the fighting for Mariupol, has revealed to RT that the hardware doesn't really live up to the claims.The Kiev troops defending Mariupol couldn’t fire a single US-made missile, the captured officer claims

“As for the NLAW missile launchers, well, we used them more often than the Javelins, but it has its own issue with the battery draining in cold conditions, making it impossible to launch,” he said.

More than 5,000 Javelins have been supplied to Kiev by Washington. The Javelin… have proven to be very, very effective in this fight,” US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in April, referring to the conflict in Ukraine.

An image of Christianity’s Virgin Mother Mary with a Javelin has become an internet meme during the conflict, with US President Joe Biden boasting earlier this week of Ukrainian parents calling their newborn kids “Javelin or Javelina” in honor of the American system.

That last part is so absurd. Ukrainian parents are going to name their child after a foreign piece of overseas donated military gear in a war that they lose? Sounds a bit ridiculous!

Where are all the Japanese kids named Panzerfaust?

IM3000

Pelican
That last part is so absurd. Ukrainian parents are going to name their child after a foreign piece of overseas donated military gear in a war that they lose? Sounds a bit ridiculous!

Where are all the Japanese kids named Panzerfaust?
They had the same story when Germany supplied some missile system called 'Milan' to the Kurds in Syria to fight Assad. I guess they all use the same PR advisors.

TruckDriver9

Woodpecker
"Ukrainian media report on the protests of women in the city of Khust, Transcarpathian region of Ukraine, under the walls of the local Recruitment Center for those liable for military service against sending their husbands (terodefense fighters) without training to the front.
The protest action began to develop into something more - the head of the Center did not go out to the women, and they began to break windows and break into the military registration and enlistment office building.
They demanded to explain why they do not touch healthy visiting men who left the war zone, and accused the military commissar of bribery. Residents of Khust also record videos on social networks, where they say that in the city, military registration and enlistment office officers catch men on the streets and then release them for bribes."

101 Territorial Defense Brigade which was sent from Transcarpathia to Konstantinovka near Slavyansk, refuses to fight in Donbass.

"The fighters of the brigade recorded a video message, told that they expected to guard objects at home. But instead they were sent to a real war. Teroboronists complain that they are not ready for full-fledged battles and they do not have weapons.
As Ukrainian journalist Yuriy Romanenko wrote, they were sent to the front two days after receiving the summons.
The division consists of programmers, office workers who are completely unable to use weapons and are not accustomed to field conditions.
In Transcarpathia, military registration and enlistment offices row everyone, thereby killing the mobilization potential."

Yuriy Romanenko - "This morning, an appeal from soldiers and officers of the 101st brigade of the TPO of the Armed Forces of Ukraine appeared on Youtube, where there were serious problems in the formation and management of the brigade. In my telegram, the topic has collected a lot of comments, including fighters and relatives of the 101st brigade. Therefore, everything said there is the absolute truth. This brigade was sent to the front, sent absolutely unprepared. 90% of them are like that. People really don’t know how to handle a machine gun, and they were driven straight into the trenches. Two days after receiving the summons, and you are already in the Donbass. I know exactly such cases in this brigade.
How do you like an engineer who worked for a Boeing with an income of 150-200 thousand hryvnias per month, who was raked to the front ?
Or IT people ? Where is the logic ?
The military commissars of Transcarpathia are real criminals, because they row everyone in a row. This has already led to mass protests in Khust, where people were being rowed into the 101st brigade. And in Uzhhorod too. Such a policy kills the mobilization potential. People who know that they are being treated like cattle will avoid mobilization.
The fighters of the brigade are fed and equipped for their money. This applies not only to the 101st brigade. I know several more troop brigades where the same kind of bullshit thrives.
We need serious organizational conclusions regarding this bladstva. The war will be long. Bladstvo and carelessness demotivate soldiers.
This weakens Ukraine. This offends Ukraine. It must be uprooted."

Last edited:

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer

A Ukrainian policeman forced a WW2 veteran off the parade square in Odessa.
Honestly, I think the wrong side won WW2 and the boomers that fought for that side are responsible for the evil world we have today, but nevertheless I find this utterly disgusting. A 90+ year old man who gave his limbs for his own people deserves your respect. Heck, a 90 year old man deserves your respect period.

"What did I go to war for? Laying in my own blood? My arm and stomach torn, two holes in my head and I lost my leg"

says the old war veteran in crutches.
The Zelensky regime is pure evil.

TruckDriver9

Woodpecker
"A small life hack from the special forces of the DPR army. In order not to waste time creating an explosive device that can be dropped from a quadrocopter on the head of an enemy, a ceramic cup and an F-1 hand grenade are used.
The recipe is simple: a cup of the right size is taken, a ring is pulled out of the grenade and the grenade itself is placed in the cup so that the bracket is firmly pressed. The grenade cup is then attached to the quadcopter's makeshift ejection device.
When the quadcopter finds the target, the grenade cup is dropped, smashes on the ground and at this time the grenade detonator is activated and the grenade explodes."

Argus101

Sparrow
Protestant
"A small life hack from the special forces of the DPR army. In order not to waste time creating an explosive device that can be dropped from a quadrocopter on the head of an enemy, a ceramic cup and an F-1 hand grenade are used.
The recipe is simple: a cup of the right size is taken, a ring is pulled out of the grenade and the grenade itself is placed in the cup so that the bracket is firmly pressed. The grenade cup is then attached to the quadcopter's makeshift ejection device.
When the quadcopter finds the target, the grenade cup is dropped, smashes on the ground and at this time the grenade detonator is activated and the grenade explodes."

I don't think it's a good idea to pull the ring from a grenade and try to force it inside a ceramic cup to create a makeshift explosive to be dropped from a drone. As an English proverb says, "There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip." If the soldier fumbles the cup or drops it while trying to get
the grenade inside the cup, he could blow himself up and any other soldiers nearby.