Major east coast pipeline shut down by hackers

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
183bd266170680d7.jpeg

Looks like Virginia is impacted with the most stations that are without gas.

Multiple branches of the US Federal Government = hacked
Personal information of 533 million Facebook users = hacked
Gasoline pipelines providing half of the East Coast = hacked
What is next? Power grid?

Last edited:
“We all know that we still pay insufficient attention to the frightening scenario of a comprehensive cyber attack, which would bring to a complete halt to the power supply, transportation, hospital services…our society as a whole. The Covid-19 crisis would be seen in this respect as a small disturbance in comparison. To use the Covid-19 crisis as a timely opportunity to reflect on the lessons of cyber security, community, and to improve our preparedness for a potential cyber pandemic.”

SCHWAB, Klaus.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
What would be the kind of vessel or container to hold larger amounts of gasoline (long term)

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
What makes you think that Texans will be a priority, just because the oil is located there?

I don't doubt that Texas will experience fewer problems, but the world supply is so integrated that whoever is the highest bidder gets the goods.
Well considering that the oil economy is centered in Houston and the energy corridor, I am quite confident that the domestic oil supply will remain stable here for production sake.

kel

Ostrich
What would be the kind of vessel or container to hold larger amounts of gasoline (long term)
Something I've thought about: the ideal situation, from a prepper perspective, is to own or at least have someone in your group with a manager position at a gas station. Under normal circumstances, it's just a gas station, you make money selling gas and junk food to whoever's coming through and the gas turns over enough that it doesn't evaporate, every week or however often the supplier comes and refills the underground tank.

If/when the SHTF for real (assuming there is a "moment" that happens which I'm not really expecting) you now have a source of fresh gas with decent storage. The person in your group who owns the gas station goes there immediately, closes everything down, puts chains across the entrance, and fires upon anyone who tries to cross that barrier who isn't a team member arriving to provide backup.

dicknixon72

Pelican
You can add to the confusion/panic the natural inclination of weak men and hysterical women smearing their attention-grabbing emotional feces all over Twitter, FB, Instagram and the like w/OMG SOOOOOOOOO HUGE LINES FOR GAS OMG CRAZYNESS AMIRIGHT FAM???? #GASSHORTAGE

Then you have reactionary low IQ left-hand-of-the-parabola-dwelling panic buyers filling up fifteen jerry cans of unleaded, stacking them sideways (???) in their Armada, and taking them home to...do what? Run their stupid Polaris side-by-sides over the weekend? How much fuel do these assholes think they really need?

I remember a few years ago when Irma hit, I couldn't put $20 of gas in a car for test drive because some clown was hording enough gas to refuel a mechanized cavalry unit headed across Kuwait.

Its just like every year here in Florida when there is an impending hurricane - thousands rush stores en masse and empty the shelves of canned tuna, crackers, powdered milk, and the like so they can store it in their pantry, eat through their normal food during the storm, then immediately go out after the power comes back on searching for an open McDonalds or Subway. You never see that non-perishable crap again until hurricane season winds down, which coincides with Thanksgiving food drives, where the area homeless are treated to a nice meal of turkey, mashed potatoes, and a United Nations airdrop worth of canned tuna, crackers, and powdered milk everyone gave away.

Every. F'in. Year.

Last edited: