Making a job for my Polish girlfriend while travellinng

aynrus

Pelican
I went to Ukraine to meet a girl a while ago and the same happened to me: She paid for taxis, public transport to show me around the city, some groceries, concert tickets... She basically paid for everything for the both of us, except for the hotel room and a couple of meals out of course. She even bought me gifts and some clothes from the local shops, and she didn't make more than $150/mo.

When I went to Russia to meet a Russian/Belarusian girl it was a completely different story... I was naturally expected to paid for everything and to tip left right and center. I don't remember her taking her wallet out once for the whole duration of the trip. And she has a decent job and even owns an apartment.
First part: it's called long-term investment strategy (investing in potential future passport through marriage). Or, sort of like buying futures.
It's very unusual in that culture for a woman to pay, unless it's much older wealthy woman/young hunk...so all that wining-and-dining seems strategic.
The other girl just wasn't up to date with modern investing skills.
The culture had always been that a man should pay for everything and show extra spendy-ness and generosity (with no promise of anything in return), otherwise it's emasculating and she's not being treated like a real woman, if she's paying.
It's been humiliating for a man not to pay for a woman.
It's gradually changing, though.

Last edited:

ivanverr

Pigeon
First part: it's called long-term investment strategy (investing in potential future passport through marriage). Or, sort of like buying futures.
It's very unusual in that culture for a woman to pay, unless it's much older wealthy woman/young hunk...so all that wining-and-dining seems strategic.
The other girl just wasn't up to date with modern investing skills.
The culture had always been that a man should pay for everything and show extra spendy-ness and generosity (with no promise of anything in return), otherwise it's emasculating and she's not being treated like a real woman, if she's paying.
It's been humiliating for a man not to pay for a woman.
It's gradually changing, though.

Thinking back to these experiences, and to add a bit more clarity:

The behavior of the Ukrainian girl in question likely reflects the gradual changing of EE we see in recent times, to incorporate globalist-fueled ideas of equality, female empowerment and general detachment of a man from the role of sole provider for a woman or family.

But also, this Ukrainian girl, based on her individual personality alone, can still be considered an EXCEPTION to the general gold-digging/western-marriage-hunting aspect, which is undoubtedly still lingering in their culture, even nowadays to a certain extent.

In fact, I specifically chose to date HER as opposed to other more traditional gold-digger style Ukrainians, based on these "relaxed" qualities. The reason being, on this particular occasion, my intention was never to marry her, but rather to enjoy a fun companion in a foreign country for a short trip.
I doubt she felt less of a woman when paying for these small things, as I also doubt she was seriously investing in me as a man, given the fact that I never showed serious intentions with regards to our brief romance.

Another thing that springs to mind is that she spoke perfect English and she was very much aware of Western pop-culture...

The Belorussian/Russian girl, on the other hand, was extremely rooted in her own culture. She was not aware of any Western TV shows, movies, music, etc,

She didn't speak English at all - I had to learn Russian specifically to communicate with her.

She also introduced me to her big and masculine brother, and her close friends right away during my time there. I ended up spending a lot of quality time in the gym with her brother, and that experience felt very intense, very "primal" in some ways. Russia can be a very alpha-male society.

Interestingly, she was also in a much better place financially , and her family had money, yet she STILL expected me to pay for everything.

She also had NO previous experiences with foreigners ,and this was extremely surprising for me, as a non-Russian.

She also seemed to be more RELIGIOUS and mentioned God several times during my trip. She also took me to visit all the most beautiful churches in St Petersburg such as the St Isaac's, Kazan, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Nikolsky... and I clearly remember she behaved very religiously when in these places of worship.

I think these are all important elements that prove that some features are STILL deeply rooted in certain cultures, and that perhaps no matter what happens in the Global-homo, there IS a glimmer of hope if you're willing to venture out and take some risks or put some effort in learning a complex language.