Male sperm count decreases with 60 percent since 1973: a reproductive crisis is looming

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
What about average life expectancy? For example in the US it was 69.77 years in 1960 and it has risen steadily to 78.54 years currently.
The devil promised longer life. The fine-print was that it will make those who accept the offer become more like a woman and get Alzheimer's.

I've heard that pine pollen can help boost testosterone by helping the body eliminate xenoestrogens. I'm not sure how backed up by research this is, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do seem to "feel" it. If I had the time/money I would have tried doing tests to see objectively, but others have reported similar findings.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
What about average life expectancy? For example in the US it was 69.77 years in 1960 and it has risen steadily to 78.54 years currently.
What about it? Living longer (and that's losing its trend) has nothing to do with quality. We just currently have the money (debt) and haven't had many disasters (they'll continue) to thwart those numbers ... yet.

Other than using glass for eating or storing drinks.... is there any better option for packaging things than plastic? Such a useful invention, simple, convenient, allows for so many products across the world, and as such, without it, nearly every industry would be affected. Yet, it’s the source of major pollution not just in the ocean but also our own bodies.

In the long term, life will find a way. But, with a population in the billions, limiting plastic (without innovating or finding a better solution) is going to be an extreme challenge.
Cardboard cartons like that which we used to drink milk from is one alternative.

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
I have silicon bags from Stasher for storage and sous vide cooking(I like sous vide steaks but not cooking in plastic bags). They're expensive but they're reusable, and can just be washed out or turned inside out and tossed in the dishwasher.

Sgt

Robin
Gold Member
Cardboard cartons like that which we used to drink milk from is one alternative.
The inside of milk cartons is made of LDPE (low density poly-ethylene), a plastic material:

LDPE.jpg

While LDPE is usually not be as bad as other plastics, almost all of the studies that I could find on them and their hormonal impact state that these types of packaging influence your endocrine system as well - sometimes as an estrogenic agent, sometimes as an anti-estrogenic agent:

LDPE 2.jpg
(Source: "Anwendung von Biotests zur Charakterisierung der Expositionspfade für Umwelthormone aus Kunststoffen" (2011), a paper by the german federal agency "Umweltbundesamt")

While still better than plastic bottles for soft drinks, cartons for drinkable liquids should not be trusted as long as there are glass alternatives.

The inside of milk cartons is made of LDPE (low density poly-ethylene), a plastic material:

View attachment 29909

While LDPE is usually not be as bad as other plastics, almost all of the studies that I could find on them and their hormonal impact state that these types of packaging influence your endocrine system as well - sometimes as an estrogenic agent, sometimes as an anti-estrogenic agent:

View attachment 29910
(Source: "Anwendung von Biotests zur Charakterisierung der Expositionspfade für Umwelthormone aus Kunststoffen" (2011), a paper by the german federal agency "Umweltbundesamt")

While still better than plastic bottles for soft drinks, cartons for drinkable liquids should not be trusted as long as there are glass alternatives.
Fuk. They don't let us escape do they.

((()))

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
The devil promised longer life. The fine-print was that it will make those who accept the offer become more like a woman and get Alzheimer's.

I've heard that pine pollen can help boost testosterone by helping the body eliminate xenoestrogens. I'm not sure how backed up by research this is, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do seem to "feel" it. If I had the time/money I would have tried doing tests to see objectively, but others have reported similar findings.

What brand of pine pollen do you recommend?

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
My personal pet peeve is when governments and international bodies encourage the collection of plastic for recycling, harass/fine people about diligently putting plastic in the proper containers and so on... then turn around and SHIP ALL THE PLASTIC THEY COLLECTED TO CHINA TO GET THROWN INTO THE OCEAN!

It's one of the most atrocious and disgusting cases of the ecological movement's hypocrisy. If you want to save the planet by recycling plastic, do it at your own expense instead of shipping it off to Asia.

It is true that the average 25 year old male in 2021 is having his T levels at a much lower level as compared to a 25 year old male in say 1991 and those levels in general have been on a slow and steady decline.

Obviously the medical industry doesn't seem to care about this shocking state of affairs. If they did, there would be a greater emphasis and attention on this issue.

So this is something that one has to take into their own hands. The medical industry won't care about you, the pharma industry won't care about you.

Many have rightly pointed out to many items and factors that are endocrine disruptors in the responses here; plastic being one of the main culprits.

One way of beating off this issue is to alter your diet and also taking certain food items / supplements such as Ashwagandha, Tribulus Terrestris...even Pumpkin Seeds help in raising the zinc levels (important for fertility).

This is something one can use.

Although I have to say, that if one is suffering from male pattern baldness, then taking those food items will probably aggravate your baldness as it raises your DHT levels.

What about it? Living longer (and that's losing its trend) has nothing to do with quality. We just currently have the money (debt) and haven't had many disasters (they'll continue) to thwart those numbers ... yet.
I wish data for life expectancy also included the percentage of people who could still walk in each age group.

But most of the change to life expectancy in the US has to do with decreased infant mortality. Conditional life expectancy for people who survive childhood hasn't changed as much.

Againstallodds

Robin
Orthodox
It is true that the average 25 year old male in 2021 is having his T levels at a much lower level as compared to a 25 year old male in say 1991 and those levels in general have been on a slow and steady decline.

Obviously the medical industry doesn't seem to care about this shocking state of affairs. If they did, there would be a greater emphasis and attention on this issue.

So this is something that one has to take into their own hands. The medical industry won't care about you, the pharma industry won't care about you.

Many have rightly pointed out to many items and factors that are endocrine disruptors in the responses here; plastic being one of the main culprits.

One way of beating off this issue is to alter your diet and also taking certain food items / supplements such as Ashwagandha, Tribulus Terrestris...even Pumpkin Seeds help in raising the zinc levels (important for fertility).

This is something one can use.

Although I have to say, that if one is suffering from male pattern baldness, then taking those food items will probably aggravate your baldness as it raises your DHT levels.

Not necessarily. Balding mid 30s is one thing but nowadays teenagers are starting to experience balding. It's much worse than previous generations which is why companies like Him are thriving by prescribing toxic anti-androgen.

DHT is one factor but I believe its more about the balance of hormones and reduction in stress. This generation is at the same time very effiminate low-T soft and also balding. Anyways, they are all coping by being on sarms then trt. Don't underestimate their willingness to use PEDs it's much more socially accepted than ever

kel

Ostrich
I bought milk (cream) in glass containers for a while, but now I can't return them, stores won't take them because glass containers are a major source of the deadly coronavirus. So, I pay a buck deposit when buying the milk and then I'm stuck collecting the bottles. I like the idea of cardboard milk containers, but I'm not surprised to see that the "wax" is plastic, too. You just can't escape.

Batman_

Kingfisher
This shit really bothers me. I've been taking steps over the years to do what I can but it seems unavoidable. It almost seems easier to just accept that a lifelong TRT regiment may be necessary to counter act all of these endocrine disrupting toxins.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Oh and another thing - it should be noted at this point that epidemiology is the sociology of the health industry, it's not really a science. While I don't doubt for a second that phytoestrogens and other endocrine disruptors are ubiqitous in our environment I do doubt how much of an impact they really have. Some things like plastics and flouride seem to have pretty strong evidence but many others like animal products actually seem to have fairly weak indirect evidence or none at all.

This video sums up the flaws with epidemiology: basically it relies on survey and correlational studies to draw conclusions instead of direct empirical testing. I haven't seen any studies on the effects of all these alledged environmental pollutants in a double-blind placebo-controlled laboratory setting on human volunteers over long periods of time. The next best thing would be to do similar epidemiology studies in numerous other countries across the globe, and compare the results. Do we even know if this is an issue in 3rd world countries?

I am starting to suspect the reduction in fertility is largely due to cultural rot, with lifestyle choices and environmental toxins lagging behind that. Think about men in the first half of the 20th century, did they work out or eat healthy? Were they not also exposed to harmful toxins? These were the strongest generation of men in recent history. Maybe it wasn't because of the environment, but because they had a duty to serve and rebuild their country, and they weren't constantly henpecked by half the population while doing so. And our cultural decay effects women too, especially because most of them can't think for themselves, so naturally any cultural decay will hit them even harder.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Oh and another thing - it should be noted at this point that epidemiology is the sociology of the health industry, it's not really a science. While I don't doubt for a second that phytoestrogens and other endocrine disruptors are ubiqitous in our environment I do doubt how much of an impact they really have. Some things like plastics and flouride seem to have pretty strong evidence but many others like animal products actually seem to have fairly weak indirect evidence or none at all.

This video sums up the flaws with epidemiology: basically it relies on survey and correlational studies to draw conclusions instead of direct empirical testing. I haven't seen any studies on the effects of all these alledged environmental pollutants in a double-blind placebo-controlled laboratory setting on human volunteers over long periods of time. The next best thing would be to do similar epidemiology studies in numerous other countries across the globe, and compare the results. Do we even know if this is an issue in 3rd world countries?

I am starting to suspect the reduction in fertility is largely due to cultural rot, with lifestyle choices and environmental toxins lagging behind that. Think about men in the first half of the 20th century, did they work out or eat healthy? Were they not also exposed to harmful toxins? These were the strongest generation of men in recent history. Maybe it wasn't because of the environment, but because they had a duty to serve and rebuild their country, and they weren't constantly henpecked by half the population while doing so. And our cultural decay effects women too, especially because most of them can't think for themselves, so naturally any cultural decay will hit them even harder.
I agree with you 100% as you have seen in my posts previous to this. The generalized ideas of modern people are that so many things are wrong materially when in reality the opposite is true. As we know, the mental and the spiritual goes wacko when the material is sufficiently met. Environmentalism is a luxury for the first world-er, who falls for all manner of political manipulation because something for us humans always seems like it has to be wrong - you complain according to what you are accustomed. Note that this has nothing to do with being a steward of the environment in general, which everyone should be. It rather has to do with all manner of claims and anecdotes that just turn out to be purely false, emotional, or end times esque.

If there is a normal distribution, the curve has shifted left. I personally think that there has been a shifting left slightly, but mostly it is skew for both males and females = larger left tail. We see the same thing in society across the board - far greater disparities and have nots. I'm not old but old enough to have lived in a different world for the first half of my life so far. I was always active and a good athlete and I have worked out, but I'm greater towards the right in every category and I think between diet exercise and T we just have a different way of living that makes it even harder for the average man to be similar to an average man of the days of old, when life was harder in general and more importantly (my main point) men were fewer. How many work out? More but they don't cancel out the larger numbers of weaker types, nerds, or gamers.

The narrative is that there are lot more weirdos, pussies, and soyboys out there and while that is true, it's just a numbers problem of the exceptional always being a smaller class and there being no culling for quite some time. The high population and cultural rot absolutely combine to bring averages down - yet another "problem" the fourth turning will fix.