Mandatory vaccination policies

muscacav

Pigeon
The general rule-of-thumb is not to comply with the vaccine mandates. Requesting an exemption is compliance.

I understand the need to keep one's job, but I'm only relating what I've heard from Rocco Galati.
You are right, exemptions are a form of compliance. It shall give some time for me to relocate. My employer clearly showed ill-feelings towards my decision. The respect was fractured.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
FAyXwXdWQAQwNgl

Mr Gee

Robin
Friends, the walls have finally closed in on me.
I have until October 15th to get the first shot or I will not able to:
- Work
- Find other work (across the whole state)
- Afford rent after a certain period
- Keep my car going
- Travel overseas, interstate, to the rural areas.
- Vaccine passports
- Rumours are going around that we will be denied welfare too

I am basically down to being homeless or taking the first shot and getting over to another state (most states here require only 1 to travel) where restrictions aren't as severe. There are no exemptions to be given, no fakes to be made, and no running from this - this is my trial.

Americans, please fight. You only need to see what's happening here (Aus), Canada, or the UK to see where this goes.
Oh man, I feel for you friend. You are obviously in Victoria, Australia. I am in QLD and you are correct, not as near as harsh...yet.
I will be finishing a 12 month fixed contract in far north next week. I have another 12 month contract lined up subject to medical, functionals etc. We will see how that goes. I am nervous about the changes and work involved to set myself up again but I made the choice to go with it to secure myself some extra time based on my circumstances. I have no family here and nowhere to live if I crash out.
My advise to you will be write down everything that is a risk to you (and those in your care if any), write down what you need to keep going,
assess your limitations (financials, physical, emotional, anything that could hold you back or cause issues down the road - you need to think carefully about this as you will end up in a bad situation otherwise), and identify who can provide you assistance. Once you have all this written down you can analyze and assess your situation further. If it means selling everything in a fire sale and running the gauntlet to another State so be it but analyze your situation carefully, you may have options you have not thought of yet.
One thing I know no matter how much it looks like the end, God will provide if you have faith.

RedLagoon

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
- Work
- Keep my car going
- Vaccine passports

I am basically down to being homeless or taking the first shot and getting over to another state (most states here require only 1 to travel) where restrictions aren't as severe. There are no exemptions to be given, no fakes to be made, and no running from this - this is my trial.

Americans, please fight. You only need to see what's happening here (Aus), Canada, or the UK to see where this goes.

I'm with you brother. Out of work by 15th as well and no further options. I have three small children and they will come for them next. Not sure what the plan is yet.

griffinmill

Pelican
The state of play in the UK is perilous but not out of control as yet. In England, there are no real restrictions anymore and you do not need a vaccine pass to enter any establishment. I was there the other week and it was fine. They haven't as yet mandated it (as far as I know) for any particular job.

The part of the UK where I live is safe for the time being too. There are no restrictions and no vaccine pass required. However, there were a few politicians recently who were agitating for certain venues (like gyms and concert halls) to enforce a vaccine pass. They framed this not for health reasons but as a threat; that the mere implication of a vaccine pass would encourage more people to get vaccinated. Which is of course coercive and deeply unethical.

On one of our famous news shows the other night, they wheeled out a local "journalist" who was eye-rolling at the callers who phoned in to express their disgust at vaccine passports. The "journalist" acting us our health czar was, funnily enough, a morbidly obese feminist. I found her on Twitter calling people who oppose the mandates "brain-dead".

These are the type of people we are up against. The same people who voted against Brexit, who hate the West, who want as many "refugees" as possible, and are extremely unpleasant individuals.

Thankfully the new law was not voted through.

But yet just 80 miles from me, over the border and into another country, the rules are much different. Vaccine pass mandated everywhere and for everything. The good news is these rules will be relaxed soon - and I hope this does happen because I have work to do occasionally in this other country and will need to visit hotels and restaurants, etc.

I am self-employed and have been for the last twelve years. I am increasingly appreciative of this freedom and independence, and it has coincided with a feeling of deep mistrust of the government.

I feel desperately sorry for people whose lives and livelihoods are being impacted by immoral vaccine mandates. To flog a dead horse, nobody healthy under 65 needs this vaccine, and bodily autonomy is one of the most important principles in our society. It should not be relinquished for anybody.

Redcrosse

Woodpecker

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
Im confident we will get a breakdown from Barnes tomorrow.

Willing to bet SCOTUS will cite Koramatsu and Jacobson if it's infront of them and go along with it
I looked up Korematsu, and after reading it, I can see it being used as precedent for the roundups, too.

Facts of the case
In response to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II, the U.S. government decided to require Japanese-Americans to move into relocation camps as a matter of national security. President Franklin Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 in February 1942, two months after Pearl Harbor. A Japanese-American man living in San Leandro, Fred Korematsu, chose to stay at his residence rather than obey the order to relocate. Korematsu was arrested and convicted of violating the order. He responded by arguing that Executive Order 9066 violated the Fifth Amendment. The Ninth Circuit affirmed Korematsu's conviction.

Question
Did the President and Congress go beyond their war powers by implementing exclusion and restricting the rights of Americans of Japanese descent?

Conclusion
In an opinion written by Justice Black, the Court ruled that the evacuation order violated by Korematsu was valid. The majority found that the Executive Order did not show racial prejudice but rather responded to the strategic imperative of keeping the U.S. and particularly the West Coast (the region nearest Japan) secure from invasion. The Court relied heavily on a 1943 decision, Hirabayashi v. U.S., which addressed similar issues. Black argued that the validation of the military's decision by Congress merited even more deference.

Justice Frankfurter concurred, writing that the “martial necessity arising from the danger of espionage and sabotage” warranted the military’s evacuation order.

Justice Jackson dissented, arguing that the exclusion order legitimized racism that violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

I feel desperately sorry for people whose lives and livelihoods are being impacted by immoral vaccine mandates. To flog a dead horse, nobody healthy under 65 needs this vaccine, and bodily autonomy is one of the most important principles in our society. It should not be relinquished for anybody.
Nobody needs this vaccine, get out of here with that BS. This reads like a Hallmark card for queer conservatives.

rainy

Kingfisher
- Work
- Keep my car going
- Vaccine passports

Honestly if I was in this position and had no ability to start my own company, work for myself, live off investments, find a job where I didn't need the vax, there was no way to pay off a nurse/doc, etc and all other options are exhausted, I would spend every waking minute studying day/swing trading.

Study options, study puts, study covered calls, study scalping the big boards like your life depended on it. There's ample quality youtube vids on it. You should be able to scalp enough to hold on and see where this goes.

You can do it from your bedroom. Profits are immediately put into your account. You are dependent on nobody else financially. To make big money day trading is pretty tough. But if we're talking survival and scalping $75-100 per day. Can be done. Just need the willingness to learn.

Honestly if I was in this position and had no ability to start my own company, work for myself, live off investments, find a job where I didn't need the vax, there was no way to pay off a nurse/doc, etc and all other options are exhausted, I would spend every waking minute studying day/swing trading.

Study options, study puts, study covered calls, study scalping the big boards like your life depended on it. There's ample quality youtube vids on it. You should be able to scalp enough to hold on and see where this goes.

You can do it from your bedroom. Profits are immediately put into your account. You are dependent on nobody else financially. To make big money day trading is pretty tough. But if we're talking survival and scalping $75-100 per day. Can be done. Just need the willingness to learn.

This has been my backup plan all along, scalping even $100/day is $2000/month, pretax. $200 day is $4,000, and so on.. only problem is if we crash into a bear market, doubt it will be that easy.

On the flipside, my company still hasn't said a peep about the mandate. Odd..