Mandatory vaccination policies

Papist

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
Update from Northern Ireland: We have a few "liberal" parties that keep agitating for more and more restrictions, including the Covid Pass which has now been implemented. The rules are so murky, and at first it was for all indoor hospitality and venues, now I've heard it's just for places that sell alcohol, but a buddy of mine took his kids bowling yesterday and he had to show his pass (incidentally he's totally against all of this crap but all it took were a few tears from the wife for him to capitulate).

My business (I am self employed) requires me to visit indoor hospitality venues. The good news, right now, is that I can use their godforsaken app to self-report a negative lateral flow test that I can take at home, which is a loophole and will allow me to continue working. There have been some who say not to comply with any of it, but I will exploit any loophole that allows me to continue to earn a living without forcing me to get vaccinated.

I am fighting back in any way I can, and this includes using social media to badger some of our politicians here (one of them a clinically obese refugees welcome type) who have agitated for these moronic covid passes. I keep asking to be shown The Science that they based their decision on, since The Science is so important and we all have to trust it. But they have nothing.

What you must remember is that a lot of the decisions they are making now are designed to force the unvaccinated to capitulate. The mandates have nothing to do with science because why would a restaurant packed full off vaccinated people help stop the spread when the vaccinated are catching and transmitting the virus? They are making life as tough for us as possible. Resist!
As the most based UK nation, I was contemplating moving there. If ever a religious exemption would work, it would be there. Best of luck.

bobman492

Chicken
Catholic
Maybe this is some HOPIUM on my part, but does anybody really expect this to stand legally? These whole sale government mandates are getting crushed in court ruling after court ruling in the USA.

I know this will still kind of be enforced, or be used as an excuse by companies to harrass the unvaxxed, but if OSHA cannot legally enforce a vax mandate, how can the laughable NYC health department do that?

This is just another bluff, like Biden's OSHA mandate, that has basically fallen apart. Who knows though, there is no limit to the weasel tactics that these people will do.

I was in the Bronx,and many places just simply ignore the requirement. I seen signs vaccine proof is required but was never asked . A lady told me some places enforce it and some don't. Hopefully the courts overturn it,still bullshit imo. Make a mandate and the law no longer matters,even if it's over turned in a few months.

BLMeToo

Sparrow
Catholic
I was in the Bronx,and many places just simply ignore the requirement. I seen signs vaccine proof is required but was never asked . A lady told me some places enforce it and some don't. Hopefully the courts overturn it,still bullshit imo. Make a mandate and the law no longer matters,even if it's over turned in a few months.

Here in Manhattan, I've noticed that many of the nicer sit-down restaurants will definitely enforce it, but pizza joints and fast-er food places don't care.

Easy_C

Peacock
Here in Manhattan, I've noticed that many of the nicer sit-down restaurants will definitely enforce it, but pizza joints and fast-er food places don't care.

There is primarily a cyberpunk-ish element to this, where all the rules and controls apply if you want to be part of the corporate "nice" part of society but none of these rules exist if you're on the other side of this ecosystem.

BLMeToo

Sparrow
Catholic
There is primarily a cyberpunk-ish element to this, where all the rules and controls apply if you want to be part of the corporate "nice" part of society but none of these rules exist if you're on the other side of this ecosystem.

Kinda sorta, yeah. I haven't been in the outer boroughs much, I imagine "enforcement" is much more lax outside the trendy areas (Astoria, Williamsburg, Dumbo, etc.).

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
The "vaccine mandate" thing is 100% pride and posturing. Most people know enforcing the vax is wrong, so only the most zealous and devoted to the system will care enough to enforce such a mandate.

Crime is naturally going to explode, because now anyone who doesn't enforce the mandate is a "criminal."

I've lost my willpower to communicate with that type of person. They know it's wrong, but it's just so darn inconvenient not being inoculated. There's nothing to say to such a person.

While I share your pain brother, and have seen many give into the drug pushers, I will say that a person who is against the vaccine but are weak in faith NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER. That is the moment when those who are strong of faith can be their keeper. Rather than lose the will to communicate with such a person, it is honestly one of the best times to try and continue to reason with them. Patiently, gently, but firmly, and whether or not they listen is irrelevant. You have done God's work no matter if people listen or are saved.

People know who know the vax is wrong but feel pressured to get it are the ones most likely to be persuaded. Simply ask them, politely, "Is it worth gambling your health for money?" and let them live with the cognitive dissonance. Over time, there is a strong chance they convert.

It is important to note there is no reason or logic or science with vaccine mandates; all of it can be destroyed with skepticism. This really is a question of faith on many levels.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
While I share your pain brother, and have seen many give into the drug pushers, I will say that a person who is against the vaccine but are weak in faith NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER. That is the moment when those who are strong of faith can be their keeper. Rather than lose the will to communicate with such a person, it is honestly one of the best times to try and continue to reason with them. Patiently, gently, but firmly, and whether or not they listen is irrelevant. You have done God's work no matter if people listen or are saved.
Thank you, I needed that rebuke.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
German family of 5, are found shot dead, after the authorities had discovered that the husband had "faked a QR Covid certificate" for his (legally employed) wife.

According to MSM, the "bad father" killed all.

But part of me is thinking, is it the start of Death Squadrons unleashed onto unvaxed families who dare fake QRs? Is it really murder-suicide, or something far more sinister?

The Covid patrols are so crazy that I actually think we could see Death Squadrons executing actively "antivax" families? Is it the beginning of the purge of antivaxxers? It will in any case end up like that : we tried everything to convince you, if you still resist, the State will have no other choice than purging you.

Geo Martin

Robin
Catholic
The rules are so murky, and at first it was for all indoor hospitality and venues, now I've heard it's just for places that sell alcohol, but a buddy of mine took his kids bowling yesterday and he had to show his pass (incidentally he's totally against all of this crap but all it took were a few tears from the wife for him to capitulate).
That example shows why we are in the mess, the men are not standing up to this lie. Too many men have become totally cucked and just follow the cliff leading herd run by wimps, gays and women. I don't care for gays and wimps but I love women, so sorry to women reading this but women are not meant to be leading the men.
Just a few guys calling this bull and leading their women and families, and this whole fabrication falls apart, I can't stand it when it's some of the fairer sex having to lead the charge because the men are cowering in the back.

Geo Martin

Robin
Catholic
Getting vaccinated at this point makes no sense, as they plan to make it a regular requirement. We, the people, shoot ourselves in the leg if we comply with this nonsense now. The more people get vaccinated the sicker the population in general will get which in turn gives them more reasons to extend the requirements. It really is a Catch 22.

If it's any consolation for you I have been without income since August 2020. What I have done is simplifying my life and cutting expenses to a bare minimum. To keep sane I write a book, do woodworking and ride my bicycle for 4 km up a steep hill almost every morning. It gets the heart going and freshens the brain. Won't get jab only for the reason that I'll be scared to put a pressure on my heart like I do now.

No test, no mask, no jab.
Resist!
No jab no job uh! For the pointless jobs we are employed to do in the self destructive system and its economy we live under now, it may be a blessing in disguise to lose one of those 'jobs'. It's like being told by the system, 'go and do your thing we've got nothing for you no more'.
Any day of the week I'd swap doing woodwork, music, writing, praying, studying Scripture, taking care of myself and wife; than taking a toxic injection to be able to work in a demonic environment wearing a mask all day, sanitysing my hands every 10 minutes and surrounded by vacant people who keep thinking this is because of a virus and once we defeat it all will 'go back to normal'. Thanks but no thanks.

r3d

Woodpecker
Protestant
German family of 5, are found shot dead, after the authorities had discovered that the husband had "faked a QR Covid certificate" for his (legally employed) wife.

According to MSM, the "bad father" killed all.

But part of me is thinking, is it the start of Death Squadrons unleashed onto unvaxed families who dare fake QRs? Is it really murder-suicide, or something far more sinister?

The Covid patrols are so crazy that I actually think we could see Death Squadrons executing actively "antivax" families? Is it the beginning of the purge of antivaxxers? It will in any case end up like that : we tried everything to convince you, if you still resist, the State will have no other choice than purging you.

No.

I don't know what else to say. That is so far away from what can be reasonably expected in this country as we are from a sane, happy and healthy society. It's good to be vigilant, but that is one step away from paranoia. No offense.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
No jab no job uh! For the pointless jobs we are employed to do in the self destructive system and its economy we live under now, it may be a blessing in disguise to lose one of those 'jobs'. It's like being told by the system, 'go and do your thing we've got nothing for you no more'.
Any day of the week I'd swap doing woodwork, music, writing, praying, studying Scripture, taking care of myself and wife; than taking a toxic injection to be able to work in a demonic environment wearing a mask all day, sanitysing my hands every 10 minutes and surrounded by vacant people who keep thinking this is because of a virus and once we defeat it all will 'go back to normal'. Thanks but no thanks.
I hear you! I'm somewhat actually hoping I lose my job. I get elated thinking about what I'm going to do if I'm forced to be self-employed. I can only get stronger from here on out.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
No.

I don't know what else to say. That is so far away from what can be reasonably expected in this country as we are from a sane, happy and healthy society. It's good to be vigilant, but that is one step away from paranoia. No offense.
For now yes, it's borderline paranoia. But we'll see in a few months/years. Ever heard of the GAL?

andy dufresne

Pelican
Other Christian

Helmsman

Sparrow
Protestant
If you are a federal contractor the mandate has been temporarily halted.

Great news. I wonder as current contracts run out in the future if the Feds will build in a shot clause to new contracts. But again, great news.

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
Everyone should pray that the Supreme Court throws out mandates. If America refuses to enforce vax passes, then it will be a huge relief for not just America but the entire world. It will be impossible to enforce a real mandate worldwide without America.

So far, the court cases blocking mandates have been very promising. We must hope and pray that our (extremely unreliable) Supreme Court does the right thing. There is a solid chance right now that the courts will protect us, although we cannot get our hopes up too high. Still, it is worth praying for.

Pointy Elbows

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Geo Martin, you are absolutely right. If you are not already in a trade, you sound like you would be suited for it. I watched a paving crew work the last two days at the property next door. One guy wore a mask, 8 didn't. And nobody cared. Those guys did an honest, hard job for two days and I know their company owner. No way he is about to enforce a vaxx mandate. He's just happy when they show up sober! "Can't find help nowadays! Everybody collecting gov't paychecks. I'm not about to make 'em take some shot for this job!"

Those guys aren't too worried about "going back to normal," because they never really stopped living normal.

I may plug this a lot, but men here will be well-suited to stepping out of the system and becoming their own tradesman or contractor. Many trades are absolutely making profit right now and they aren't often hassled over masks and vaxxines, at least not in much of the US.

Easy_C

Peacock
Everyone should pray that the Supreme Court throws out mandates. If America refuses to enforce vax passes, then it will be a huge relief for not just America but the entire world. It will be impossible to enforce a real mandate worldwide without America.

So far, the court cases blocking mandates have been very promising. We must hope and pray that our (extremely unreliable) Supreme Court does the right thing. There is a solid chance right now that the courts will protect us, although we cannot get our hopes up too high. Still, it is worth praying for.

I’m surprised so far to be honest. Even the more “conservative” courts tend to side with Federal authority.

My suspicion is that Biden has somehow ticked off the courts and they’re retaliating.

I’m surprised so far to be honest. Even the more “conservative” courts tend to side with Federal authority.

My suspicion is that Biden has somehow ticked off the courts and they’re retaliating.
It's also possible that the general consensus of this as a vaccine is also changing. Many of those initial court cases were lost when most people thought that this vaccine prevented transmission and lasted for a very long time. That perception has shifted and now that the efficacy is in question, I think the judges are more likely to take a more critical look at what exactly is the point of all this nonsense.