Mandatory vaccination policies

Steiner

Sparrow
Catholic
I find it interesting to see how much New Yorkers love being oppressed. They voted for this clown after dealing with Bill De Blasio. They actually like being treated like prisoners. I am curious how much more they will take before deciding democrats might not be the best choice for the city.
No one in NY really votes these people in. The left rigs every election out of their city centers, just like 2020...
Sadly NY has been an occupied zone for a long time

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
Messaging with a relative this morning, they're 'forcing her husband to get the jab', or pay $75 a week to get tested.

Told her make sure that he doesn't get the shot, she says they have no choice, "he can't lose his job and we can't afford to lose $75/week".

I sent her some info on how to approach it (also copied a couple of links from this thread), she explained that "(She's) seen all that, they're not firing him for not getting it, but they're putting it in their "handbook" that if he doesn't get it he has to pay the $75 for weekly testing".

I don't know if this is the new way that employers are going to come at the mandates, but what's the workaround here ?

Enoch

Hummingbird
Messaging with a relative this morning, they're 'forcing her husband to get the jab', or pay $75 a week to get tested.

Told her make sure that he doesn't get the shot, she says they have no choice, "he can't lose his job and we can't afford to lose $75/week".

I sent her some info on how to approach it (also copied a couple of links from this thread), she explained that "(She's) seen all that, they're not firing him for not getting it, but they're putting it in their "handbook" that if he doesn't get it he has to pay the $75 for weekly testing".

I don't know if this is the new way that employers are going to come at the mandates, but what's the workaround here ?
Everybody is desperate for employees. Why can't he just go get another job?

If he is indispensable they will not fire him.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
^ that was my first thought, but I understand he has significant time there (35+ years) and can lose quite a bit, retirement wise, by quitting of getting terminated.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Yes, this is the way they plan to act if SCOTUS stops the mandate.
I've been checking out SHRM, which is Great Reset-friendly HR legal magazine thing, and their lawyers been saying since a while ago: prepare to do own mandates if government mandate fails in courts, they said to wait for the "right time" and mandate, and to get all the legal paperwork ready in advance assuming Binden's mandate failed courts.
Big corporations seem to be on board with forcing vax one or another way plan.
One of their recent articles, says lawyers think best to just fire resisters and not waste time trying to coax them, neither waste time on incentives like rewards for vaxed, as it's legally risky.
Seems like best to avoid big companies.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
I know everyones financial situation is different but $300 a month is no reason to do something that cant be undone and is proving lethal every day. Its a matter of priorities . If the the question was “Pay $300 a month or your child will die”...theyd find a way. ( cancel cable, less take out, etc) It needs to be framed in that gravity. Figure out a way to buy time.

Edit; Ive seen numerous reports where officials are starting to refer to the wu flu as endemic rather than the scamdemic pandemic. This is a a significant crack and sign the narrative is possibly shifting. The last phase of coercion seems to be taking place Like a value bet in poker after the river

Last edited:

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Good news is that seems like 75% of big employers do not want to impose own mandate if Biden's order fails in court:
https://www.shrm.org/about-shrm/pre...quire-vaccines-if-mandate-is-struck-down.aspx
Most respondents to SHRM's survey—75 percent—said they are not likely to require vaccines or testing if the mandate is permanently struck down by the courts.
Though I'm sure there're forces that want to do something to fix this. Like try to sue some no-mandate employer over infection with coronahoax, in the right district.

2 Right Hands

Woodpecker
Catholic

Can a company legally charge an employee as part of a new policy they introduced? If they wish to test their workers, fine, but clearly it should be on company's expense.
If I were him I would ask them for a legal document where it states they can do that and how it relates to his contract of employment.

SaintPiusX

Pigeon
Trad Catholic
It's hard to overstate the importance of this decision. If the SCC overturns this mandate, the 4 years of Trump will be worth it for the justices he picked. If they don't overturn it, it will be proof positive that the Trump admin was a colossal disaster. I know many Christians who were fired from their jobs over mandates and are waiting on this ruling to see where their court case goes.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
By the way, proof of being vaxed can be simple written attestation by an employee, there's no need to upload a card.
Text from OSHA ETS:
1910.501(e)(2)(vi)
In instances where an employee is unable to produce acceptable proof of vaccination under paragraphs (e)(2)(i) through (v) of this section, a signed and dated statement by the employee:
1910.501(e)(2)(vi)(A)
Attesting to their vaccination status (fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated);
1910.501(e)(2)(vi)(B)
Attesting that they have lost and are otherwise unable to produce proof required by this section; and
1910.501(e)(2)(vi)(C)
Including the following language: “I declare (or certify, verify, or state) that this statement about my vaccination status is true and accurate. I understand that knowingly providing false information regarding my vaccination status on this form may subject me to criminal penalties.”
Note 1 to paragraph (e)(2)(vi): An employee who attests to their vaccination status should, to the best of their recollection, include the following information in their attestation: The type of vaccine administered; date(s) of administration; and the name of the health care professional(s) or clinic site(s) administering the vaccine(s).

Sorry, lost muh-card....I am vaxinated, and it was Maderna, in that big stadium.
Once employer gets that attestation, OSHA can't do a thing, probably all they care about, getting some piece of paper to cover their rear end.
No provider has a right to disclose anyone's vax status to the employer without release of medical records.
Employer can not verify vax status. They can only refer to public health "authorities" or law enforcement, if they suspect fraud.
It's going to be harder once they mandate boosters, as it hard to explain losing cards over and over.
But if one just needs to buy some time....

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Some of the deep blue states are going to come down hard with mandates if the Supreme Court rules against them. It’s going to be bad if you live in a blue lock like CA. They are going to come at you with a vengeance. Luckily, many blue states are more purple when it comes to state politics. I live in a blue state, but our Governor can’t really do anymore than he already has, because blue margins in the state are too thin already.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Recent info is that private insurance plans must cover the cost of at home tests in full (US). 8 tests per month and no doctor's order required, OTC tests.
https://www.ehstoday.com/covid19/article/21213777/insurers-will-start-paying-for-athome-covid-tests

Helmsman

Sparrow
Protestant
Can a company legally charge an employee as part of a new policy they introduced? If they wish to test their workers, fine, but clearly it should be on company's expense.
If I were him I would ask them for a legal document where it states they can do that and how it relates to his contract of employment.
Companies are required to pay for PPE like gloves and hard hats. Most big outfits will give you a yearly stipend to cover % of the cost of a good pair of boots. Why? Because that PPE is required by OSHA and their insurers. COVID tests are required since it's a "workplace hazard" it's logical that the financial burden for the test should fall on the employer. This is a conversation I've had with crews I've been on the past few months. The moment I have to pay for a COVID test I'm finding a new job.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
It depends on jurisdiction. In the US, there's nothing that places testing costs on employers with this OSHA rule.
But insurance companies are mandated to cover tests starting Jan 15, so I don't see how someone could be paying. They can order self-tests online and insurance should cover up to 8 per months.

Easy_C

Peacock
Update:

One of the large healthcare networks went fully aggressive and laid off everyone possible who wasn't vaccinated. They went back on religious exemptions and fired all of them.

They're calling up people and begging nurses to come back to work whether or not they have the shot. It isn't working because a lot of them now travel and make twice what they did before with no mandates.