Mandatory vaccination policies

Easy_C

Peacock
The US seems to be regrouping in another direction. In context they seem to be massively worried about armed civil unrest (reading into things like the WEF forecast and erecting white house barriers). They may also have something else planned.

Europe doesn't seem to be backing down and, along with CAD/AUS, are going in the direction of imprisoning anyone who doesn't take the shot.

Helmsman

Sparrow
Protestant
Last edited:

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
Breaking: SCOTUS struck down vax mandate for businesses over 100 employees. Mandate stands for health care business that accept Medicare and Medicaid

What bothers me is that it takes the Supreme Court saying "you don't have this power." It should be the people who stand up and tell the government, "you have no power here."

With the way it is right now, government agencies basically have unlimited temporary dictatorial power. All they have to do is issue an unconstitutional order and threaten fines, and companies just fall in line until months later when the Supreme Court has to step in and pull back the attack dogs. There need to be physical, severe consequences for government agencies and officials overstepping their boundaries. It needs to be a straight-up felony. All this means is that OSHA can just come up with another new order and then we have to go through the whole court circus again.

What has happened here is that OSHA merely got verbally reprimanded for being tyrants. It doesn't stop the fundamental problem that the OSHA is run by tyrants. They'll just regroup and try again because it literally came at no real consequence to them. Oh no, the government has to spend money on a trial? You mean, the same government that takes that money from taxpayers or prints it? It's not even a slap on the wrist for OSHA overstepping their lawful boundaries. The very act of overstepping has costs that society must absorb, but the people at OSHA don't really feel any of that.

Helmsman

Sparrow
Protestant
What bothers me is that it takes the Supreme Court saying "you don't have this power." It should be the people who stand up and tell the government, "you have no power here."

With the way it is right now, government agencies basically have unlimited temporary dictatorial power. All they have to do is issue an unconstitutional order and threaten fines, and companies just fall in line until months later when the Supreme Court has to step in and pull back the attack dogs. There need to be physical, severe consequences for government agencies and officials overstepping their boundaries. It needs to be a straight-up felony. All this means is that OSHA can just come up with another new order and then we have to go through the whole court circus again.

What has happened here is that OSHA merely got verbally reprimanded for being tyrants. It doesn't stop the fundamental problem that the OSHA is run by tyrants. They'll just regroup and try again because it literally came at no real consequence to them. Oh no, the government has to spend money on a trial? You mean, the same government that takes that money from taxpayers or prints it? It's not even a slap on the wrist for OSHA overstepping their lawful boundaries. The very act of overstepping has costs that society must absorb, but the people at OSHA don't really feel any of that.
There comes a point where We The People must do that, but in the U.S. we have a tradition of exhausting all legal means or a tyrant resorts to force before revolt. The decades before the American Revolution were filled with legal appeals and protests before violence broke out following the British decision to seize stock of weapons at Lexington and Concord. This decision is a part of that. Is it as far-reaching as some would like? No. But I'll take it anyway. Big win.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
He looks and sounds so old and feeble that I almost feel sorry for him. When he got "elected" I figured he wouldn't make it through his first term in office due to the obvious cognitive and physical decline he's showing. Maybe they've got him on enough medications to stay lucid till 2024...
Does he own stock in Google? There are many search engines but he only wants Americans to use the most corrupt and powerful one. Trump was attacked for promoting Goya, I wonder if these same people will attack Biden as well for doing the same thing:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

FJAlZniXIAEU4zo

FJAl8CbWQAUo_wi

FJAthHFWYAI6J7Y

Edit.

Link to SCOTUS opinions:

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The US seems to be regrouping in another direction. In context they seem to be massively worried about armed civil unrest (reading into things like the WEF forecast and erecting white house barriers). They may also have something else planned.

Europe doesn't seem to be backing down and, along with CAD/AUS, are going in the direction of imprisoning anyone who doesn't take the shot.
America makes sense (armed insurrection of citizens). But what about the UK?
I don't understand why England, of all places, decided to not play ball and backed off of the vaccine wide mandates.

These small victories are starting to add up.

MaxHeadShroom

Sparrow
Jewish
He looks and sounds so old and feeble that I almost feel sorry for him. When he got "elected" I figured he wouldn't make it through his first term in office due to the obvious cognitive and physical decline he's showing. Maybe they've got him on enough medications to stay lucid till 2024...
you know, the day after the elections when it looked like biden was gonna win, I was on a zoom with a company we were working with, and the product manager was like "Thank God it's not trump". I was nauseated upon hearing him say this, and lost all respect for him.

He would rather have a dribbling old senile man with dementia and or alzheimers, then a sharp, witty, albeit at times annoying, businessman who is actually CAPABLE of making things happen. We deserve the world we are in. Far too many people are too stupid to realize they are stupid.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
The other big Biden vax mandate is the one ordering all federal employees and employees of federal contractors to be vaxxed. I looked up the status of the rule about federal employees.

On December 7, a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide stay on this rule, but this is pending appeal. On December 23 another federal judge in Florida ruled in favor of a motion by the state of Florida blocking this rule within the state of Florida.

Both of these rulings are still subject to appeal, but in justifying their stay orders, both judges wrote there was strong reason to expect that these executive orders exceed the constitutional power of the president and of the federal regulators.

The Biden administration is expected to appeal both of these rulings, but I didn't see any other news items about this. These stays both seem to be holding for now, and this new ruling against the OSHA mandate should strengthen the case against them.

As far as I know, these cases only address the mandate on federal contractors. I don't know the status for federal employees, and I suspect the mandate holds for them.

Helmsman

Sparrow
Protestant
The other big Biden vax mandate is the one ordering all federal employees and employees of federal contractors to be vaxxed. I looked up the status of the rule about federal employees.

On December 7, a federal judge in Georgia issued a nationwide stay on this rule, but this is pending appeal. On December 23 another federal judge in Florida ruled in favor of a motion by the state of Florida blocking this rule within the state of Florida.

Both of these rulings are still subject to appeal, but in justifying their stay orders, both judges wrote there was strong reason to expect that these executive orders exceed the constitutional power of the president and of the federal regulators.

The Biden administration is expected to appeal both of these rulings, but I didn't see any other news items about this. These stays both seem to be holding for now, and this new ruling against the OSHA mandate should strengthen the case against them.

As far as I know, these cases only address the mandate on federal contractors. I don't know the status for federal employees, and I suspect the mandate holds for them.
Right now word on the street is that each agency is able to pursue its own course as far as the mandate. Pretty much every agency is following the direction of Biden. The Forest Service has had a mess of resignations and they're serving up 5 days unpaid leave for the unvaxxed. Probably to be followed by termination sometime February barring a court ruling.