Marriage Delay due to Covid

Pdalion

Pigeon
Recently had to reschedule my wedding because of commuting restrictions here in Canada.

Without being too specific, the two sides of the family reside in different provinces. I am adamant about having my priest perform the sacrament while at the same time I understand the importance for my Fiancee to have her parents present. On the one hand I want to be understanding. On the other hand with the ying yang nature of these regulations it's quite probable come the rescheduled date we find ourselves in the same situation.

Curious if anyone else has had to deal with something similar and how you've dealt with it. If not, just simple opinions on the above are welcome to.

No offense bro, but you asked for this by insisting on living in Canada. This unfortunate situation about your wedding is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what is coming down the line, tomorrow.

Get out as quickly as you can, because one of the things that communist countries implement, is that you can't leave

Joe316

Robin
Recently had to reschedule my wedding because of commuting restrictions here in Canada.

Don't do this. You're on limited time.

Without being too specific, the two sides of the family reside in different provinces. I am adamant about having my priest perform the sacrament while at the same time I understand the importance for my Fiancee to have her parents present. On the one hand I want to be understanding. On the other hand with the ying yang nature of these regulations it's quite probable come the rescheduled date we find ourselves in the same situation.

The big "wedding gig" is already a thing of the past for the unvaccinated. However the restrictions will further escalate to make it impossible to have a heterosexual Christian marriage. So don't postpone it.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich

Curious if anyone else has had to deal with something similar and how you've dealt with it. If not, just simple opinions on the above are welcome to.

I would suggest the parents take the train or a plane. I recently learned that only automobile traffic is restricted as this is provincial. Trains and planes are federal.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Don't do this. You're on limited time.

The big "wedding gig" is already a thing of the past for the unvaccinated. However the restrictions will further escalate to make it impossible to have a heterosexual Christian marriage. So don't postpone it.

Yes, agree. But having parents be there is a very basic requirement. Not a "big wedding gig" requirement.

No offense bro, but you asked for this by insisting on living in Canada. This unfortunate situation about your wedding is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what is coming down the line, tomorrow.

Get out as quickly as you can, because one of the things that communist countries implement, is that you can't leave

Not everyone wants to flee their homeland or family. While I do not speak against leaving your country like Roosh, I do agree with his sentiment that there are fewer and fewer safe havens. Imagine taking a wife, going to a country with a foreign language with limited savings, trying to find work etc etc.

Jeff

Chicken
What a great way to start your life together in marriage (truly). Regardless of your decision, you have been providentially put in a position to lead your fiancé by joyfully exercising godly headship. As long as the premarital relationship is virtuous, continue to wait, and move Heaven and earth to get her parents to the wedding. If you cannot wait virtuously, that is another story...
I will be praying for you brother...
Godspeed you on your way.

Joe316

Robin
Yes, agree. But having parents be there is a very basic requirement. Not a "big wedding gig" requirement.

The marriage certificate is what makes the marriage valid. The parents don't need to be around for the legal proceedings.

Receiving the sacrament from the priest is of course just as important, but that's part of the "wedding gig", which the authorities might shut down completely until further notice - or only make available to vaccinated.

So don't postpone your marriage in hope of these restrictions somehow improving.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
The marriage certificate is what makes the marriage valid. The parents don't need to be around for the legal proceedings.

Receiving the sacrament from the priest is of course just as important, but that's part of the "wedding gig", which the authorities might shut down completely until further notice - or only make available to vaccinated.

So don't postpone your marriage in hope of these restrictions somehow improving.

If you believe the sacrament is less important than the certificate which is used by sodomites and lesbos where you lose all your property rights to your wife, provided by the globohomo government then....that's your opinion.

Last edited:

Enoch

Ostrich

Valid in the eyes of whom?

Neither a priest or judge "validates" your marriage.

Joe316

Robin
If you believe the sacrament is less important than the certificate

Could you please point out, where the word "less" appears in the text you quoted?

Valid in the eyes of whom?

God. God recognizes actual actions, not pretending.

If you believe the sacrament is less important than the certificate which is used by sodomites and lesbos where you lose all your property rights to your wife, provided by the globohomo government then....that's your opinion.

A church ceremony without any legal effects, where you can run away from your legally-not-wife without consequences is not what God's marriage covenant is about. So getting the marriage certificate is just as important.

Pdalion

Pigeon
Thanks for all the advice, plane or train might be the route to take. Will have to burn some aeroplan miles. With regards to the marriage certificate and religious part they are tied together in that the priest cannot perform the ceremony without the license from the city. It's true the clock is ticking. Appreciate all the input!

Aboulia

Woodpecker
A church ceremony without any legal effects, where you can run away from your legally-not-wife without consequences is not what God's marriage covenant is about. So getting the marriage certificate is just as important.

This is why God created bureacracy at the beginning of time, to ensure there were legal repercussions for abandoning your wife.