Masculine & Obedient Dog Recommendations

Get a Labrador Retriever!!!

Beautiful. Friggin. Dogs. This is what I currently have. My father purchased our Chocolate Lab, two months before he passed away. It's like he knew he was going to pass away and left the dog with use to ease the pain, to help us redirect out anger and sadness and transmutate it into happiness and love towards a new life. He was successful. Our dog has been a big part of our lives, we celebrate his birthday (it's actually a day after mine, go figure), he's called out to wedding functions when we go and everyone loves him.

Labs are very intelligent, loyal, strong temperament and agile dogs. They do have a lot of energy so two walks a day, half hour to 45 mins each day should be enough. They get along with children just fine and are protective as well. They tend to gain weight quick so watch how you feed them and they are prone to all the other ailments that affect larger dog breeds, it comes with the package.

Please, if you are getting a dog, have the mindset that YOU WILL NOT return it or put it up for adoption. This is a gift from God and it is your duty to fulfill. The dog will add nothing but happiness, love, responsibility, accountability, respect and loyalty into your life. Make sure you put the effort in training the dog as well, you will be the dogs friend but it's more important to be the LEADER of the pack. My mom and sister spoil our dog, I'm the "bad guy" since I discipline him, but it's all out of love.

Dog breeds that I prefer are (in no particular order except Labs being # 1):
  1. Labs (Chocolate labs are said to have shorter life spans. What I have noticed is this: White labs = calm and maintain professional skepticism, black labs = a bit more aggresive and self kept, chocolate labs = complete goof balls that have a plethora of emotions and energy bursts and fox red labs are the cool kids haha
  2. German Shepherds: Loyal, intelligent, protective and bad ass. Something you will know is around the house making its rounds
  3. Bernese Mountain dogs: Good companions, friendly,loving and quick learners.
  4. Golden Retreivers: They are Labs, just more mellow and friendly.
  5. Rottweilers: Not as vicious as people think. Takes a real authoritative person to train them, if you have that in you they are soft and friendly but know when to strike on command
  6. Dalmatians: Good solid dogs, they're unique and make good guard dogs. Friendly and loyal and very athletic
Honorable mentions: Dobbermans and Hungarian Wolf Dogs.

Jeevz

Chicken
Boxer dog, no contest :) The perfect blend of size, intelligence, short hair (no heavy shedding), not too much drool, funny, protective, handsome and a good energy level (can go 12 miles hiking, but can also sleep all day) :)

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Beautiful. Friggin. Dogs. This is what I currently have. My father purchased our Chocolate Lab, two months before he passed away. It's like he knew he was going to pass away and left the dog with use to ease the pain, to help us redirect out anger and sadness and transmutate it into happiness and love towards a new life. He was successful. Our dog has been a big part of our lives, we celebrate his birthday (it's actually a day after mine, go figure), he's called out to wedding functions when we go and everyone loves him.

Labs are very intelligent, loyal, strong temperament and agile dogs. They do have a lot of energy so two walks a day, half hour to 45 mins each day should be enough. They get along with children just fine and are protective as well. They tend to gain weight quick so watch how you feed them and they are prone to all the other ailments that affect larger dog breeds, it comes with the package.

Please, if you are getting a dog, have the mindset that YOU WILL NOT return it or put it up for adoption. This is a gift from God and it is your duty to fulfill. The dog will add nothing but happiness, love, responsibility, accountability, respect and loyalty into your life. Make sure you put the effort in training the dog as well, you will be the dogs friend but it's more important to be the LEADER of the pack. My mom and sister spoil our dog, I'm the "bad guy" since I discipline him, but it's all out of love.

Dog breeds that I prefer are (in no particular order except Labs being # 1):
  1. Labs (Chocolate labs are said to have shorter life spans. What I have noticed is this: White labs = calm and maintain professional skepticism, black labs = a bit more aggresive and self kept, chocolate labs = complete goof balls that have a plethora of emotions and energy bursts and fox red labs are the cool kids haha
  2. German Shepherds: Loyal, intelligent, protective and bad ass. Something you will know is around the house making its rounds
  3. Bernese Mountain dogs: Good companions, friendly,loving and quick learners.
  4. Golden Retreivers: They are Labs, just more mellow and friendly.
  5. Rottweilers: Not as vicious as people think. Takes a real authoritative person to train them, if you have that in you they are soft and friendly but know when to strike on command
  6. Dalmatians: Good solid dogs, they're unique and make good guard dogs. Friendly and loyal and very athletic
Honorable mentions: Dobbermans and Hungarian Wolf Dogs.

Good list--word of warning that dark colored dogs (black labs, Rotties, Bernese Mountain Dogs) can have issues in hot climates.

Good list--word of warning that dark colored dogs (black labs, Rotties, Bernese Mountain Dogs) can have issues in hot climates.
Yes. We keep our guy in the house during humid hot summer months here in Toronto. He has the AC and loves to play with the cold hose water from the sprinklers haha.

Winter time? He has a field day: eating snow, dragging his head in snow, rolling in the snow and burying himself in it as well. A lovable goof.

I’m quite partial to German Shepherds from working lines. Not the show or pet dogs you’re used to seeing. They’re almost a different breed altogether. I’m on my third one. They’ve all been holy terrors on a bite suit but completely trustworthy around children and friends. The only real drawback is they have Malinois levels of drive and energy. Be prepared to spend lots of time working with the dog and having it follow your every step 100% of the time while it looks at you expectantly. My previous one likely saved my wife’s life from a tough customer. Turned out the dog was a tougher customer.