Mask enforcement while having a beard

Roosh

Cardinal
I have noticed that I've far less likely to be asked to wear a mask in public when I have a beard. The bigger the beard, the better. The last time I shaved the beard, it seemed to be open season on everyone in the shops calling me out, and now that my beard is long enough, I can shop without a mask mostly unmolested after passing the front guard. I feel like it's a magic power. It has happened a couple times now where a non-bearded friend with me was told to put on a mask while nothing was said to me.

Then again, I am only a sample size of one. So have any bearded members noticed this correlation? My beard is currently at the annoying stage of length, and I rather get rid of it, but like Samson, I don't want to lose any power.

For a man with a prominent beard such as yourself, the effectiveness of any mask would be negilible at best. All it would do is cover your mouth.

I have seen people with similar sized beards with masks attempt the feat, but the beard could not be contained! This was after a mask mandate was announced for my region just recently.

Edit:

Anecdotally, the first time I ever wore a mask, I was asked for ID when I went to buy alcohol with a friend.

The legal drinking age here is 18, and it is "suggested" that people who look under 25 get asked. I am nearly 30, and sound like it as well. My friend who was with me cracked up laughing when he heard it.

My take away from that, is that, apart from "clown world", that my haircut and eyes betray my age by about 5-10 years .

Last edited:

acco

Kingfisher
So have any bearded members noticed this correlation? My beard is currently at the annoying stage of length, and I rather get rid of it, but like Samson, I don't want to lose any power.

Correlation is not causation and yet I have to agree with you.
Since you first told us about your positive experiences with the beard, I let it grow and grow and ...

Pelagius

Robin
I have noticed this and if you're not completely adverse to studies there are actually a few studies that show small sample sizes ranking people with beards as more authoritative and domineering so there may be an element of that at play here.

Beardedness as a factor in perceived masculinity.

114 male and female college students rated pictures of bearded and beardless men on characteristics associated with masculinity. Bearded men were rated significantly higher on masculinity, aggressiveness, dominance, and strength. Results are discussed in light of apparently contradictory evidence suggesting that bearded men are seen as less desirable than beardless men. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)

A lover or a fighter? Opposing sexual selection pressures on men’s vocal pitch and facial hair

. Beard growth had equivocal effects on attractiveness judgments. In contrast, perceptions of men’s dominance simply increased with increasing masculinity (i.e., with lower-pitched voices and greater beard growth). Together, these results suggest that the optimal level of physical masculinity might differ depending on whether the outcome is social dominance or mate attraction. These dual selection pressures might maintain some of the documented variability in male physical and behavioral masculinity that we see today.
(According to this those of us with big beards have moved from mate attraction to seeking ultimate social domination!)

Dominance and the evolution of sexual dimorphism in human voice pitch

Also some studies point to the fact that those that perceive themselves as having more dominant attributes will also emanate more dominant characteristics.

(2) men who believe they are physically dominant to their competitor lower their voice pitch when addressing him, whereas men who believe they are less dominant raise it. We also found a nonsignificant trend for men who speak at a lower pitch to report more sexual partners in the past year. These results are consistent with the hypothesis that male intrasexual competition was a salient selection pressure on the voices of ancestral males and contributed to human voice sexual dimorphism.

If you allay yourself to the notion that social hen-pecking is primordially a feminine game then it stands to reason that those operating from a feminine game with the end goal of compliance would prefer to extol resources on men they can force to easily submit as opposed to those they may perceive as having high levels of aggression, dominance and of course we cannot overlook, mating opportunity with.

This I suspect was why in the UK there was quite a commotion early doors regarding mens beards and the 'unofficial' advice was that all men should cut their beards off to ensure the mask will seal around the chin.

But never fear, because,

To those who can hear me, I say, do not despair.
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed,
The bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress.
The hate of men will pass, and dictators die,
And the beards they took from the people will return to the people.
And so long as men die, beards will never perish.
Don't give your beards to these unnatural men -
Machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!
You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are beared men!
You, the beared people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful,
To make this life a wonderful bearded adventure
Let us use that Samson beard power!
Let us all unite!

surfdog

Sparrow
I am purposely growing my beard out to show the absolutely insanity of thinking a mask will protect you with facial hair. I was hoping that some Muslim liberal group would be flipping out over masks violating some religious aspect of Islam and the left would eat the left.

RedPillUK

Pelican
I've been thinking the same thing, I think it's because from a distance it looks like you're already wearing a mask, so the only people who will notice you're not wearing one are people who are already close to you.

I may have to add the beard to my resistance toolbox. So far I have had good results with replying with a smattering of pseudo Russian or German, then smiling and nodding as I keep walking away.

I used the gibberish technique to get out of traffic bribes in Thailand and Vietnam while riding a motorbike. Just nonsense in the words I knew in French and Spanish till they gave up and let me go. Unfortunately that will not work where I live, as it is a small white town where its extremely rare to encounter a non English speaker, but it could work in more diverse areas.

Easy_C

Peacock
I used the gibberish technique to get out of traffic bribes in Thailand and Vietnam while riding a motorbike. Just nonsense in the words I knew in French and Spanish till they gave up and let me go. Unfortunately that will not work where I live as it is a small white town where its extremely rare to encounter a non English speaker but could work in more diverse areas.
You’d be surprised.A thick redneck accent can do it. Go on YouTube and look up “mumbles bartledoo”. It’s a comedians character but I’ve had friends run into people who actually sound like that

mumbles bartledoo
dude.. I'm crying :laughter: .. thank you. I needed that.
And yes, the big beard helps with the mask police.
I don't really like the mask because it feels sort of authoritarian.
It's kind of like a test to tell whether or not you're able to withstand the imposition of the government.
Very boomer takes here, I know, but if you're not able to resist wearing a mask, you want be able to resist anything else as they ratchet down the control.
Water, Food, Shelter.
I want us to have ground to stand on.
I believe our Creator gave us a right to exist.
Lord, have mercy.

The Scotty

Chicken
My beard is 6 1/2 inches below my lower lip. I'm going to keep growing it. Living in Commiefornia I have not noticed any decrease in harassment from mask police demanding I put on an extremely unhealthy face diaper. Many of us are filing lawsuits against the offending public businesses. Numerous laws are on our side. All they have is "store policy" which unlawfully break these laws. Legally I have learned very much from Peggy Hall and thehealthyamerican.org. It is sickening to see so many mask wearing sheeple which is is an abomination in the sight of God.

Don't know, I read an article somewhere that the good doctor has mentioned something about having to remove facial hair so that masks may fit more properly. Also, now on federal and public transport you will have to wear an approved mask, no bandana's or shemagh. I keep a shemagh around my neck just in case someone gives me crap. I have facial hair, quite long. Here's the deal, it is not about health, they are straight up fucking with us, must be uniform, in body, mind and attire. Just think about the new anal probe test for a supposed respiratory illness, two masks and so on. The creep keeps going.