Masks Protect Against CV19 Transmission

bmw633

Sparrow
Hi,

This may not be very popular, but wearing a mask has been shown to reduce spread of CV19, by stopping spittle from being inhaled from infected people.

I recently read that 2 CV19 positive hairstylists who were wearing a mask exposed 140 people, and there have been ZERO folks who have tested positive!!!

I am not crazy about wearing one, but if I am out in public, it is required here in the Philippines.

Mojambo

Pigeon
A couple of honest questions:
  • Why did you feel compelled to start a brand new topic on this when this was discussed at length multiple times in the main CV thread?
  • Why is this topic stated in a manner as to portray some sort of "consensus" and "fact" amongst RVF when you state that it is not a popular opinion in your message body? It's almost as if there was an intent to sway opinion rather than propose a nuanced argument as people perusing simply the topic names of the forum would be misled (just like headlines of news articles).
  • What did you "recently read"? People like cited sources, not anecdotes of hearing others' possible anecdotes like a bad game of telephone.
  • Depending on where you are located, are we at the point where we want to slow down transmission? Or are we trying to achieve herd immunity faster amongst the population that can handle a disease now known to be incredibly tame to those that comprise the majority of the workforce? Particularly in places where ICUs are empty? The vulnerable can wear the masks but at this point it would be folly to "flatten the curve" even more in places where it is already completely flat (in terms of hospitalizations, not the useless scaremongering number of "cases").
This thread should be closed or at least merged with the main CV thread.

Davidovich

Sparrow
Gold Member
I'm surprised to see most filipinos wearing masks. They seem eager to comply with any authority.
Masks are a waste of time in a village where nobody is infected. I resent the mask and proximity rules here in the Philippines. I have to slip it on to enter a cafe or grocery store, then I put in back in my pocket. No problem.

Hi,

This may not be very popular, but wearing a mask has been shown to reduce spread of CV19, by stopping spittle from being inhaled from infected people.

I recently read that 2 CV19 positive hairstylists who were wearing a mask exposed 140 people, and there have been ZERO folks who have tested positive!!!

I am not crazy about wearing one, but if I am out in public, it is required here in the Philippines.

bmw633

Sparrow
Yah...and if you go with that narrative then you'll be wearing a mask for the rest of your life. Denmark has ditched the mask and has had no uptick in deaths. The masks are a symbol of slavery to a lie.
I guess in a year we will see how things pan out. I had two health professional licenses before I retired, so wearing Personal Protective Equipment is something that was routine in my field. You are free to do whatever you wish, but I think, in the name of preserving your health, that wearing a mask is a good thing.

I had two health professional licenses before I retired, so wearing Personal Protective Equipment is something that was routine in my field. You are free to do whatever you wish, but I think, in the name of preserving your health, that wearing a mask is a good thing.
"I have no problem with it, so you have to have no problem with it yourself." That is the logic of an unfree person.

I'm surprised to see most filipinos wearing masks. They seem eager to comply with any authority. Masks are a waste of time in a village where nobody is infected. I resent the mask and proximity rules here in the Philippines. I have to slip it on to enter a cafe or grocery store, then I put in back in my pocket. No problem.
I'm not surprised. The Philippines has never successfully won its independence; they had a strong go at it in the turn of the 19-20th century but the Americans brutally suppressed them. Instead they were "granted" independence by their American overlords in the postwar era (yet still had military bases stationed there until recently). When the most queued-up building in the Capital's downtown is the American Embassy, you know you are an enslaved people.

Filipinos are just one of many fungible races that serve as the avant garde of globalism. When a people's highest aspiration is to leave their home country, you know this is the case. If they can't get American/Canadian/European work visas, then they'll happily work as slaves in a gulf Arab state.

I had to delete my Facebook account because I was getting sick of all my Filipino relatives unthinkingly reposting COVID-1984 propaganda. I have tried reasoning with them but they ignore me. They're beyond hope and help.

Mojambo

Pigeon
I guess in a year we will see how things pan out. I had two health professional licenses before I retired, so wearing Personal Protective Equipment is something that was routine in my field. You are free to do whatever you wish, but I think, in the name of preserving your health, that wearing a mask is a good thing.
A year? What exactly in the past four months have we not figured out that will take a year to "see how things pan out"? Other than perhaps a second wave that's mainly a result of not achieving herd immunity, a possibility made more likely as a result of penning and masking all the healthy, non-vulnerable, productive workers of society?

In the name of preserving your health, perhaps wearing a mask constantly is not a good thing if you want better exposure to the daily flora that helps keep your immune system in check.

Oh I hate to post further on this but have people noticed what the medical community is NOT doing?

They are NOT:

- Encouraging people to eat less
- Drink less
- Exercise more
- Sleep more
- Discussing the benefits of how a healthy immune system is developed

All of which increases resistance to disease. Just slap on a mask and all will be well.

And from a psychological perspective:

- Social distancing is an enormous joke. Being trained to fear the proximity of others is awful.
- Fear in general raises cortisol levels which encourages disease
- Fear decreases sleep
- Masks psychologically convey disease and deception.

You must harbor some respect for the a$$holes who did this. They sure knew how to plan a global mind-f*ck.

Mojambo

Pigeon
Oh I hate to post further on this but have people noticed what the medical community is NOT doing?

They are NOT:

- Encouraging people to eat less
- Drink less
- Exercise more
- Sleep more
- Discussing the benefits of how a healthy immune system is developed

All of which increases resistance to disease. Just slap on a mask and all will be well.

And from a psychological perspective:

- Social distancing is an enormous joke. Being trained to fear the proximity of others is awful.
- Fear in general raises cortisol levels which encourages disease
- Fear decreases sleep
- Masks psychologically convey disease and deception.

You must harbor some respect for the a$$holes who did this. They sure knew how to plan a global mind-f*ck.
Yes. Just like a dirty, dishonest mechanic that "fixes" your car but breaks something else so that the gullible keeps coming back to line their pockets.

In a truly free market economy, people should be able to see through the ruse and not support this dirty practice, but sadly most no longer can make independent and free decisions with the constant stream of brainwashing and pressure from the mob and media. People simply cite these dirty health mechanics as "experts" to be trusted. With trends like fat-positivity and now this wave of counter-productive hypochondriac asocial behaviour, they've successfully engineered planned obsolescence in people's health.

Safe to say the global mega-corporations can now just unleash any sort of mild bug into the wild and scare the whole world into giving them more power and wealth.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Filipinos are just one of many fungible races that serve as the avant garde of globalism. When a people's highest aspiration is to leave their home country, you know this is the case. If they can't get American/Canadian/European work visas, then they'll happily work as slaves in a gulf Arab state.
This is Ireland to the core as well.

bucky

Pelican
I have far too much pride and self respect to wear a face mask. Guess I need more sensitivity training. I am a evil maskless unrepetant unapologetic white devil.

Time to call in a tip to the FBI.
To be fair, you can tell the goodwhites want to call us racists for not wearing masks.

Samseau

Owl
Gold Member
Viral particles are so small they need an electron microscope to be viewed. People wear cloth masks to make themselves feel better, other than that they do nothing. Only N95 masks will do anything useful. We have enough data to know that social distancing is what prevents transmission, not the silly masks.

When someone breathes out, the CO2 and H20 probably falls to the floor in a few feet. 6 feet is plenty.

Last edited:

So here we have an appeal to anonymous authority "I wore a mask as part of my previous career. PPE is something I did regularly, therefore you should to in your daily interactions." This says absolutely nothing to qualify and in no way provides context that would justify this claim.

Let me give you an example: In my previous career field I wore body armor. I was also never wounded. But I was also never hit with any bullets in my body armor. Therefore, can I say "If you wear body armor, you will not get shot"? No... thats a totally ludicrous statement, one that we have proof to be untrue... Meanwhile you're argument is "in my previous life I did something that required me to wear PPE... my previous experiences, unrelated to COVID 19 for all intents and purposes (you could be a mortician for all we know as that is related to the health field) has confirmed that because I wore the masks, I can assert this logic applies to microscopic particles in the air....

Nobody with any critical thinking skills and an IQ above 110 honestly things that the masks suffice as protection against an airborne disease spread by microscopic droplets that was created in a lab in WUHAN to combine SARS-like, w/ HIV, w/Bat Flu... I mean seriously the fact that this thread exists in an attempt to persuade anyone is a total LARP.

Hi,

How much spittle are you generally ingesting from people as you walk by?
Anyway, "inhaled spittle" is not a major cause of viral transmission. Assuming wearing a mask stopped this, it would still be incredibly ineffective at lowering the viral transmission rate.

I would actually be in favor of requiring everyone to wear an N95 mask for 2 weeks. Really, with all the absurd things the government has done, if it would just have the post office deliver one N95 mask to each household, at a paltry cost of a $1 a piece, maybe this could have been knocked out already.

Wearing a cloth bandana or napkin (some stores are doing that) has a statistically zero chance of lowering the viral infection. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it raised the viral transmission, as a bandana is more likely to be a transmitter of the virus than preventing it.

I'm highly suspicious that corona virus is very different from a bad flu, but assuming any of the propaganda is true, the virus can live up to 5 days on paper or cloth... Touching or breathing through a cloth mask is as toxic as eating off your kitchen sponge that hasn't been cleaned in 3 months.

Timothy Crow

Sparrow
Curious, just how is facial recognition stuff supposed to work if everyone is walking around looking like ninja clowns? How exactly are you supposed to breath fresh air? If you mask everyone, does that diminish your humanity? Will you be viewed as, what is it killers call it, you know, where they don't see you as human so it is easier to do bad things to you?

All in all, I am disappointed in this virus thing. I was hoping for something out Stephen KIng's The Stand.