Masks Protect Against CV19 Transmission

bucky

Pelican
I was thinking that maybe next time they'd tell us there are invisible vampires making people sick just to see if they can get away with it, but maybe they'll go with this instead. Who knows. Whatever it is, you'll see the goodwhites lining up to do it, like the good little NPCs they are.

Last edited:

DanielH

Robin
In an alternate universe, in the summer when the sun and heat kills virus particles, young people would be shamed for wearing a mask right now, mocked for their fear, as their terror at something that at worst will inconvenience them is preventing us from reaching herd immunity. Governors would ban the use of masks to those who are not sick. Mass gatherings for under 50s would be encouraged. Mass media would humiliate cowardly politicians.

DanielH

Robin
100+ and sunny here and our cases are growing rapidly.
Yeah, testing has been increasing rapidly. Talking twice the daily tests as two months ago. Explain to me why young people getting the coof right now is bad, when hospitals are not overwhelmed and we have a chance at building herd immunity. There's a threat of in person elections being canceled in November if a second wave hits.

bucky

Pelican
In an alternate universe, in the summer when the sun and heat kills virus particles, young people would be shamed for wearing a mask right now, mocked for their fear, as their terror at something that at worst will inconvenience them is preventing us from reaching herd immunity. Governors would ban the use of masks to those who are not sick. Mass gatherings for under 50s would be encouraged. Mass media would humiliate cowardly politicians.
There are a lot of black people where I live. I noticed that for a while there they pretty much all had stopped wearing masks and more or less openly rolled their eyes at anyone wearing one. Good for them, I thought. I actually found it pretty inspiring. I thought it would spread to other people, but unfortunately it's gone in the other direction and I see them wearing masks now about as much as anyone else, aside from a few holdouts among the more masculine guys.

perros

Woodpecker
There has been lots of studies coming out recently showing that masks do in fact help stop the spread of the virus if not stop it completely. They look at Japan and South Korea as examples of a countries who did not stop their economies at all, but upwards of 90%+ of their people were required to wear masks when going out in public and so far they have had about 1000 dead for Japan and 287 deaths for South Korea compared to our 135,000. So masks do in fact work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/grim-photos-show-how-easily-22277577

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
There has been lots of studies coming out recently showing that masks do in fact help stop the spread of the virus if not stop it completely. They look at Japan and South Korea as examples of a countries who did not stop their economies at all, but upwards of 90%+ of their people were required to wear masks when going out in public and so far they have had about 1000 dead for Japan and 287 deaths for South Korea compared to our 135,000. So masks do in fact work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/grim-photos-show-how-easily-22277577

Doesn't matter here though, Its like talking to a brick wall where youre met with "But increased testing!!" So what is it? A fake virus or increased testing?

DanielH

Robin
Doesn't matter here though, Its like talking to a brick wall where youre met with "But increased testing!!" So what is it? A fake virus or increased testing?
You're conflating my opinions with the opinions of others and then saying these different perspectives entirely contradict. I believe, and the data shows, it is a real virus, which is non threatening for the vast majority of people. Masks help, but they're not perfect, especially in how people wear them, and the quality of masks worn. The mask in this example is probably an N95, since the article and the tweet conveniently leave that out, which nobody wears, and they're using bacteria, which are much larger than viruses.

Mojambo

Pigeon
How about a tame virus where the use of masks is an overreaction, and perhaps possibly detrimental (lower exposure to daily fauna for better immunity, lower intake of oxygen, etc. increasing the chance of a "second wave" in the colder months for things not COVID, but will be blamed on COVID).

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
You're conflating my opinions with the opinions of others and then saying these different perspectives entirely contradict. I believe, and the data shows, it is a real virus, which is non threatening for the vast majority of people. Masks help, but they're not perfect, especially in how people wear them, and the quality of masks worn. The mask in this example is probably an N95, since the article and the tweet conveniently leave that out, which nobody wears, and they're using bacteria, which are much larger than viruses.
Very fair point and my apologies for lumping you into that camp good sir. That was uncalled of by me.

That being said, I wear a N95 mask. The 130k+ dead in the US probably would have cared if they didn't die(inflated numbers, sure lets call it 65k then, point still stands), I'll care if I bring it home to my mom and she dies from it. Not everyone has the perfect health and just want to go willy nilly catching it.

And I'd still rather be shopping in a grocery store full of people wearing surgical masks than no masks if they are coughing or talking. Something is better than nothing as far as I'm concerned. Last time I was in a store there were two black ladies walking around having the time of their life coughing all over everything. I sure with they had a shitty surgical mask on.

Anyways a pointless argument to make here, two sides are very stubborn in their views So I'll be out of this thread as no one will change their views anyways.

Hillbilly

Pigeon
Are you seriously this much against wearing a mask? You do know that wearing a mask helps with the spread of the virus right? Its been proven time and time again. Why does everything have to be political in the U.S.?
Apparently our soldiers and Marines who stormed Okinawa were a bunch of limp-wristed peterpuffing poofters for wearing the helmets the government officers ordered them to wear. The fact that a large majority of them survived is PROOF the helmets were just the government controlling them and that the Nips were just a hoax. If they had been real men, they would've acted like this:

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Even Fauci, which is Trump's health expert said the same thing. They have been lying to the public in saying that it doesn't work because there was a shortage at the time and wanted them to be saved for healthcare workers, but masks do help.
This is absolute rubbish. If you're going to lie to the public for that reason, you would say the exact opposite: Tell them they don't need a fancy N-95 that's only for healthcare professionals, any old mask/bandana/whatever will do. The fact is, only those fancy medical masks actually protect you from anything, and they gave the game away, revealing that the agenda is about far more than "public health."

Maybe masks help somewhat if you're actually sick and coughing/sneezing to absorb liquid particles, but perfectly healthy people who aren't doing that don't need one. It will not protect you. The fact that this is being enforced on healthy people with no symptoms, even after we know that asymptomatic spread is extremely rare and around 80% of cases are asymptomatic, gives the game away: this is about social control, not actual preventive health measures.

Asking sick people to wear a mask is reasonable. Asking healthy people to carry around a handkerchief in case they need to cough or sneeze is reasonable. Mandatory masks for everybody does not make sense and is not reasonable. It is pure social engineering.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Are you seriously this much against wearing a mask? You do know that wearing a mask helps with the spread of the virus right? Its been proven time and time again. Why does everything have to be political in the U.S.?
What evidence do you have that this is true?

Do you really believe that people wearing a bandanna or dust mask ( sometimes under their nose or even just on their chin) which they touch just before going indoors, fidget with while inside and then toss on car seat or counter at home somehow accomplishes significantly the same thing that a level 4 bio lab does with strict protocols?

Show us where its been proven even once reliably

I'll say it again. More would be effectively accomplished by mandating strict "cover your face when coughing or sneezing" which is a relatively rare event. If someone is sick...stay the fuck home

Last edited:

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Let's say for the sake of argument that wearing face masks is a fairly effective prevention measure.

If that were the case, then wouldn't using a mask that stops virus particles (N95) be preferable to one that doesn't?

If an N95 mask costs $1, wouldn't the wealthiest country in the world be able to afford the "better" type of mask, while maybe poorer societies had to make do with 20 cent cloth masks? If it's really risking LIFE OR DEATH, can't we at a bare minimum, provide the highest quality $1 face mask to the elderly nursing home residents of our nation? Are they not worth One Fecking Dollar?

I mean they are talking about ventilator machines that cost $25,000 and drugs which *may* be slightly effective that cost $3,000+ per week. But there is zero talk in the media about a viral barrier mask (N95) and no effort to produce or distribute them, half a year into this pandemic.

Is there a logical explanation for this? Again, assuming the hypothetical that masks are a good and effective treatment, how does one explain the fact that no one is wearing N95 face masks, no one is talking about how this is the kind of mask we need, and no one is even making these types of masks, when they are not a difficult process to master? They are not even saying that is our goal but it will take us 3 years to reverse engineer the advanced Chinese mask construction processes.

What is the explanation?
  • The US is actually broke and can't afford the extra few cents that an N95 mask costs?
  • The US is secretly trying to figure out how to manufacture these and until it can crack the code, it doesn't want to cause more hysteria?
  • The US is afraid to mention N95 masks since it has already contradicted itself once, saying masks were a bad idea and could actually make you sicker, and is worried it would risk its credibility?
  • The US sent all its N95 masks to Israel and doesn't want people to find out?
  • The US elites don't want the plebs to wear them?
  • This is at least a partially orchestrated event, and we are not yet at the "introduce N95" phase?
Seriously, what other explanation could there be, besides the bizarre ones posited above?

I have seen ONE person wearing an N95 viral mask since the lockdown began. I have a box of 20 of them I purchased back in January on the advice of a nurse friend, who said there is a bad flu coming and an N95 mask is the only mask that can stop a virus. I have used them precisely twice since then: once on a flight out of the country, and again on my return. I have offered them to friends or family members, but no one seems to care. I guess their life isn't worth the extra few cents for a mask that is actually effective against a virus? Or perhaps it's all baloney? Which is more likely?

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
1. It's a lighthearted joke

2. Check his flag. You thought those were three random colored bands crammed together?

3. You just made the discussion political.. by stating that it's political

Your other comments are pretty cringe as well

EDIT: you also don't have to send me smug and self righteous PMs claiming to know Facts and Truth. Did you see any reference to the effectivity of masks in my post?

Last edited:

perros

Woodpecker
1. It's a lighthearted joke

2. Check his flag. You thought those were three random colored bands crammed together?

3. You just made the discussion political.. by stating that it's political

Your other comments are pretty cringe as well

EDIT: you also don't have to send me smug and self righteous PMs claiming to know Facts and Truth. Did you see any reference to the effectivity of masks in my post?

Joker.

Facts! Straight facts my friend.

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
Facts! Straight facts my friend.
Here is another fact: in both my country of birth and country of residence 25 percent of the infections are hospital personell

You know, those people that are *still* wearing useless throw away masks

'MaSkZ WurRk MaAaAnNN!!1. I have read it in a totally independent quickly stichted up study from a government aligned research bureau'

Edit. in before: paper masks block part of the virus particles. If a diaper blocks 50 percent of the shit is it a good or a bad diaper? If a a condom blocks 50 percent of the semen is it a good or a bad condom?

Either you use a high quality medical mask for short amounts of time or nothing at all. Stop this bandana/ paper mask nonsense

Last edited:

aeroektar

Pelican
Zenta and Purros are both sad excuses for men. I've been listening to them spout ungodly, unnatural-order, weak, emasculated garbage for months here. Both of you, what is your purpose here? If you refuse to follow god and the natural order, maybe this isn't the community for you anymore.

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Zenta and Purros are both sad excuses for men. I've been listening to them spout ungodly, unnatural-order, weak, emasculated garbage for months here. Both of you, what is your purpose here? If you refuse to follow god and the natural order, maybe this isn't the community for you anymore.
I'm sorry but I am following God, who are you to say otherwise because you disagree with my stances on certain issues, aeroektar?