Masks

islandgirl

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox
Aside from feeling dehumanized and constrained, I’m also worried about the side effects from wearing a mask and having to speak and breath in to it for long periods of time since it’s now mandatory to wear them at work and I completely avoided wearing one up until this point. I purchased 14 organic cotton/hemp masks, and I change them throughout the day. I don’t want to end up with acne, dry skin or dental issues due to wearing a soggy, bacteria ridden diaper on my face for 8 hours.

I also bring with me a small jar of coconut oil to remoisturize when I change my face diaper in the middle of the day. Coconut oil is great for skin health and it’s also anti bacterial.

I keep my mask under my nose and breath through my nose when my manager isn’t around, and take it off when I use the washroom. I sit outside for lunch or in my car with the windows open to get as much fresh air as I can.

This might be a bit neurotic, but I’m not going to sacrifice my well being or my appearance. I’m sure it’s only temporary anyway, as I predict face shields will be next. Sometimes I sit back at laugh at the whole situation, because the pandemic is just too bizarre to be taken seriously.

How is everyone else handling it?

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
This will probably be an unpopular opinion here, but if I have to go out to a store or wear a breathable cotton mask when in conversations with coworkers, It’s not a very big deal. It’s not like they’re singling out certain people to wear them. Everyone has to and honestly no one loves doing it. I don’t wear it in my own car or anything because I’m not insane. I just personally feel there are other battles to fight.

As far as taking care of my facial skin, I also use coconut oil or Origins Drink Up overnight intensive mask/moisturizer

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm in the fortunate position of being a SAHM/housewife. The only time I "have" to wear a mask is for 5-10 minutes in the grocery store. That is not worth my civil disobedience. Private businesses, they can be gay if they want to. Whatever. That's not my line in the sand.

If the mandates in my area get much more restrictive, though (like masks required outdoors or at home), then it will be time for the civil disobedience. I could probably drum up quite the little protest in my town. I DO NOT WANT that kind of attention, but our governor is inching ever closer to "worth it" territory.

EntWife

Robin
Woman
I mostly don't wear masks. I had to wear one for some doctors appointments for my son, and it was suffocating.

Usually, I walk into stores without one. If they have a Mask Nazi stationed at the door, I might pull my shirt up to cover my nose and mouth until I am past her. (Why is it always a her?) The mask order only requires some sort of mask or fabric covering your nose and mouth. My shirt is fabric. But obviously they can't make me hold it over my lower face the whole time I'm in their store. I need two hands to shop.

At Publix (Supermarket Chain in the south) I buy the masks they sell there because they're actually pretty thin and I can breathe comfortably through them. It's a nice facade, made in Germany (I especially refuse to put on any made from China) and it's even a non-compliant civil-disobedient way of getting through this time.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Make your own. I saw a woman at the dentist office with a sheer cotton “mask”... more like mesh really.
As long as you cover your face with something ...
Remember when they were pushing the burkas?

Last edited:

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I've actually taken to wearing a headscarf basically any time I leave the house. Then if I have to go into a store or something, I rig up a corner of it to cover my mouth and nose.

I find I like wearing a headscarf pretty well. Christian women have historically worn head coverings while in the presence of God. I guess traditionally that means while in church, but since I don't have a church to attend just yet, and since the world is going completely bonkers around me, I decided I'd just pray for God to be with me whenever I leave my home -- and pay my respects to HIM in my manner of dress, foregoing the "medical mask" symbolism entirely.

I also only wear dresses -- and I'd say I get probably about a 50/50 split between compliments, and people looking at me like I must be some kind of oppressed woman or dangerous religious zealot. :cool:

EntWife

Robin
Woman
@Kitty Tantrum I also like your idea.

It used to be considered immodest for a woman to go out in public without her head covered. That's why they wore hats or bonnets when they went out. I sometimes wonder if it bothers God that we don't anymore. And the angels too - St. Paul said that we should cover our heads because of the angels. Most Christians now say that that was just a cultural thing back then, but I wonder.

muhtea

Robin
Woman
When I haven't been wearing a mask and the door mask nazi asks "do you have a mask" I just answer "yes" and keep going. When someone said "you need to wear a mask in the store" I just said "OK" and continued what I was doing without putting one on. I don't do this everytime because sometimes I'm just not in the mood to deal with the bs and generally prefer to be left alone and not draw needless attention to myself, so I wear my extra useless mesh fabric mask, but these are possible ways to answer mask nazis. I think it confuses their programming for long enough that by the time they recover, you're already gone. :D

barrythecyborg

Kingfisher
This will probably be an unpopular opinion here, but if I have to go out to a store or wear a breathable cotton mask when in conversations with coworkers, It’s not a very big deal. It’s not like they’re singling out certain people to wear them. Everyone has to and honestly no one loves doing it. I don’t wear it in my own car or anything because I’m not insane. I just personally feel there are other battles to fight.

As far as taking care of my facial skin, I also use coconut oil or Origins Drink Up overnight intensive mask/moisturizer

You're missing the point.

It's not about convenience, it's about acquiesence.

This bulls... sugar is only possible because people go along with it.

Masks today... vaccines tomorrow.

Mandatory covid pass to fly... yesterday.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
When I haven't been wearing a mask and the door mask nazi asks "do you have a mask" I just answer "yes" and keep going. When someone said "you need to wear a mask in the store" I just said "OK" and continued what I was doing without putting one on. I don't do this everytime because sometimes I'm just not in the mood to deal with the bs and generally prefer to be left alone and not draw needless attention to myself, so I wear my extra useless mesh fabric mask, but these are possible ways to answer mask nazis. I think it confuses their programming for long enough that by the time they recover, you're already gone. :D

I did that a few times. But where I live, they will hunt you down and yell and cause a huge commotion. Some days I feel up for it, but most days I don’t. :(

muhtea

Robin
Woman
I did that a few times. But where I live, they will hunt you down and yell and cause a huge commotion. Some days I feel up for it, but most days I don’t. :(
It hasn't been as bad where I live but I don't expect that to last. I did my best but as I've said elsewhere, I got tired of being the only man in the store - literally the only one not wearing a mask week after week. Men have to find their bollocks and stop being scaredy cats over a mask. People keep saying well it's only a mask, but if people won't take a stand on the small things, how can we expect them to take a stand when it's "worth it"? It might seem trivial and "Karen" to make a fuss over masks, but again, it's only step one in compliance with lies.

I suppose if they yell at you you could calmly say, "hey hey, the CDC says no shouting!" In all seriousness though, I don't feel up to having confrontations with NPCs everytime I go to buy eggs. Another thing I do is wear AirPods with noise cancellation on so if anyone says anything, I don't even hear it. I don't like confrontation if I can avoid it so that renders any potential commentary mute (and I do mean mute and not moot!) I also wear them in stores like Walmart because I hate the "music" in there, but not hearing whatever anyone has to say is a bonus. So far though, no one has said much to me, only the occasional store employee and most of them say nothing too.

The problem is that a lot of people still think we're "going back to normal" at some point. No, this is it, the new not normal. When you're up against people who watch TV all the time and think this is all about a virus, it's really too frustrating. I think God is allowing this so that people suffer enough to repent eventually before the real Great Reset when Jesus comes back. It's the only way it makes any sense to me and what helps me not to get too worked up about it all.

Last edited:

EntWife

Robin
Woman
No wonder you've gotten so extra sneaky about it. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Your suffering benefits me though. Now I know what to do if it ever gets that bad here. LOL